Teaching (no posting) Spiritually guided messages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What did Jesus look like?

"Jesus of Nazareth," they replied. "I am he," Jesus said. (And Judas the traitor was standing there with them.)" John 18:5 (NIV)

"Her Nazarites were purer than snow, they were whiter than milk, they were more ruddy in body than rubies, their polishing was of sapphire" Lamentations 4:7 (KJV) (Later in v. 8 says a visage of coal, soot from the famine in context).

"For He [the Servant of God] grew up before Him like a tender shoot (plant),
And like a root out of dry ground;
He has no stately form or majestic splendor
That we would look at Him,
Nor [handsome] appearance that we would be attracted to Him." Isaiah 53:2 (AMP, or KJV?)

"Thou art fairer than the children of men: grace is poured into thy lips: therefore God hath blessed thee for ever." Psalm 45:2

"Then I turned to see the voice that was speaking with me. And after turning I saw seven golden lampstands; and in the midst of the lampstands I saw someone like the Son of Man, dressed in a robe reaching to His feet, and with a golden sash wrapped around His chest. His head and His hair were white like white wool, [glistening white] like snow; and His [all-seeing] eyes were [flashing] like a flame of fire [piercing into my being]. His feet were like burnished [white-hot] bronze, refined in a furnace, and His voice was [powerful] like the sound of many waters. In His right hand He held seven stars, and from His mouth came a sharp two-edged sword [of judgment]; and His face [reflecting His majesty and the Shekinah glory] was like the sun shining in [all] its power [at midday]." Revelations 1:12-16 (AMP).

"“I kept looking
Until thrones were set up,
And the Ancient of Days (God) took His seat;
His garment was white as snow
And the hair of His head like pure wool.
His throne was flames of fire;
Its wheels were a burning fire.

“A river of fire was flowing
And coming out from before Him;
A thousand thousands were attending Him,
And ten thousand times ten thousand were standing before Him;
The court was seated,
And the books were opened." Daniel 7:9-10

Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Culture Shock- the feeling of disorientation experienced by someone who is suddenly subjected to an unfamiliar culture, way of life, or set of attitudes.

Seek fellowship that will challenge and sharpen you! That will help you grow in spiritual maturity! Let's stop EQUATING believers on basis of Christ's imputed righteousness. It's not honest! Gotta build His Church!

Who's walking the walk and walking the Talk?!

Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"So everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, will be like a wise man [a far-sighted, practical, and sensible man] who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods and torrents came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock. And everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not do them, will be like a foolish (stupid) man who built his house on the sand. And the rain fell, and the floods and torrents came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and it fell—and great and complete was its fall.”

When Jesus had finished [speaking] these words [on the mountain], the crowds were astonished and overwhelmed at His teaching; for He was teaching them as one who had authority [to teach entirely of His own volition], and not as their scribes [who relied on others to confirm their authority]." Matthew 7:24-29

Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"Satan's aims are to oppose God and to hinder God's rule over the world. Temptation and deception are Satan's primary methods of inducing people to disobey God's commandments. Satan tempts us to commit sins (e.g., idolatry/rejection of faith, self-righteousness/pride/arrogance, murder, adultery, theft, greed/envy, lying, hatred/prejudice, unkindness/heartlessness, apathy/idleness) with lures such as money/wealth, pleasure, security, status, power/domination, popularity/admiration, knowledge, etc. (Matthew 4:3-10, Matthew 13:22 Mark 14:38, Mark 10:21-25, 1 Corinthians 7:5, 1 Peter 5:8-9, 1 Timothy 6:9-10, 1 John 2:15-17)." - Rice Marie Amy

Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Obedience is not a frantic scramble to get ready and perform last-minute good works. It's coming from a place of understanding that Christ was/is our righteousness and the good works naturally flow out of God's abundant provision. Obedience was always out of love and never out of obligation or self-sacrifice.

"Confidence always looks like arrogance to the insecure!" -Kris Vallotton

Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
An interesting read on "Spiritual Fathering" - Jonathan Welton

"Seven Good Functions & Seven Pitfalls of Spiritual Fathering

SEVEN GOOD FUNCTIONS

1. They provide: Jesus did not have interns, He didn’t charge his apostles to travel with Him. When He said, “come follow me,” the implication was that they would follow and He would provide. He was a good provider too; He even had a treasurer (John 13:29). (More on this in the pitfalls section below)

2. They protect: Paul protected the church at Antioch from Peter’s hypocrisy by confronting him publicly and directly (Gal. 2:11). Also Paul informs the Ephesians that when he leaves them, that spiritual “wolves” will attack them. Yet when Paul was present, they were protected (Acts 20:29-31).

3. They correct: We have addressed this point at length in the chapter on correction, but it is important that it is included on this list.

4. They speak love and value: Paul’s spiritual children never had to wonder how he felt about them. He was intensely expressive as a spiritual father, constantly encouraging them to greet one another with a kiss, to treat one another like family, to be kind, gentle, and supportive of one another. He also shared passionately about his longing to be together with them, saying that he felt orphaned when he wasn’t with them (1 Thess. 2:17).

5. They promote you: A good spiritual father is focused on the future and passing the work of leadership to the next generation. They will actively stand behind and promote their sons. We see Jesus doing this by pouring into his disciples, and Paul stands behind Timothy and Titus in many of his letters. It is especially clear in this passage: “I hope in the Lord Jesus to send Timothy to you soon, that I also may be cheered when I receive news about you. I have no one else like him, who will show genuine concern for your welfare. For everyone looks out for their own interests, not those of Jesus Christ. But you know that Timothy has proved himself, because as a son with his father he has served with me in the work of the gospel.” (Philippians 2:19-22)

6. They pray for you: We know that Jesus prayed for His disciples in John 17:6-19, and also He prayed specifically for Peter to make it through Satan’s sifting (Luke 22:31). I appreciate the way that Paul wrote out many of his prayers in his letters, but specifically how he embraced the labor of prayer over his spiritual sons: “My dear children, for whom I am again in the pains of childbirth until Christ is formed in you” (Gal. 4:19)

7. They focus their attention on you: Jesus had crowds that followed Him, He had 70 disciples that He empowered, but He only had twelve Apostles and He specifically washed their feet. Also when He prayed He said, “I have revealed you to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your word” (John 17:6). This shows that Jesus knew whom the Father had given Him. We must also know whom the Father has given us. Paul also knew who was in his metron (1 Cor. 9:2, 2 Cor. 10:13).

SEVEN PITFALLS

1. An accountability partner: A spiritual father is not an accountability partner always focusing on your sin and stumbling’s. Too often, when an individual grabs on to the idea of “spiritual fathering” it very quickly becomes a weekly meeting at a café where the previous week’s struggles are rehashed. I can’t imagine Jesus or the apostle Paul doing this, yet it seems to be the “go-to” idea for modern spiritual fathering. Yet the reality is that a good father in the natural wouldn’t even focus on a child’s struggles and mistakes, instead a good father would encourage their passions and dreams and push them to move forward confidently.

2. Violates Self-control: I have already said much in this book regarding self-control, yet it bears repeating. A good spiritual father is like Jesus and Jesus never violated His follower’s self control. To grow a child into a fully matured son is to teach them how to have personal ownership and responsibility for their own life and choices.

3. Elijah replaces Jesus: Many teachings on spiritual fathering try to use Elijah as the model. I believe this creates room for a lot of error. Elijah’s personality had some problems, for example look at the level of insecurity he displayed when Jezebel threatened him (1 Kings 19:3-4). Then when the disciples of Jesus tried to act like Elijah and call fire down on Samaria; Jesus rebuked them for it! (Luke 9:55) I suggest that we follow Jesus as our model of what a spiritual father looks like.

4. Everyone must be fathered: The idea that you “cannot father because you haven’t been fathered” gets a lot of circulation, but doesn’t hold up under examination. Yes, Joshua had Moses, Elisha had Elijah, and Timothy had Paul; but who was Moses’ spiritual father? Who was Elijah’s spiritual father? Who was Paul’s spiritual father? Who was Jesus’ spiritual father? Where does the multi-level system of fathering end? You can “align yourself” under someone who is aligned under someone, who is aligned under someone, but eventually the chain will end with some individual who doesn’t have someone over them. Is it ok that they do not have a father over them? I say yes, because this multi-level system was never ordained anyway. A spiritual father is an incredible blessing, but if you don’t have one, it shouldn’t leave you feeling like an orphan. We need to stand on our own two feet spiritually and have our secure identity come from Father God first, then a spiritual father can be a blessing to us and pour into us and we will receive it, we won’t leak out the blessing through insecurity.

5. They are a financial burden: Rather than spiritual fathers providing finances to their sons to advance the kingdom, the modern system of “Apostolic networks” is so broken that spiritual fathers demand that spiritual sons provide for them! The Apostle Paul said it well when he wrote: “I will not be a burden to you, because what I want is not your possessions but you. After all, children should not have to save up for their parents, but parents for their children. So I will very gladly spend for you everything I have and expend myself as well.” (2 Cor. 12:14-15)

6. They take value from you: Rather than standing behind you and promoting you. Many “spiritual fathers” have “adopted” sons that make them look good. It is exciting to link yourself to a young person that is seeing thousands saved on the mission field. It makes fathers look good. Yet when the same son makes a mistake, the father isn’t there to help him back on to his feet. This is a self-serving version of fathering.

7. They are not approachable: Many “spiritual fathers” are cold and distant. They believe that sons should pursue them and they do not set the example in pursuing. Yet Father God pursued all of humanity to the point of sending His son to reconcile the world to Himself. Jesus humbled Himself and became flesh to win us back from sin and death. Jesus washed the feet of His Bride before His Bride was required to respond (Eph. 5). The example Jesus gives in the story of the prodigal son is one of a father that pursues. No he didn’t follow the younger son out into the brothels, but when the son returns, the older brother leaves the party and the father pursues him. In that ancient culture, the elder son leaving the party was an insult that would have gotten him stoned to death. The father instead chooses to go out and pursue him and plead with him to come back in.
Fathers are meant to be soft and approachable. We know even God Himself as “abba,” as Daddy-God. Spiritual fathers are meant to be papas, daddies, and kind approachable leaders. Yes they should be strong, but we shouldn’t be afraid of being openhearted with them.

Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Your conscience is a pretty good indicator of whether or not a spiritual manifestation is biblical or not. Is it Holy Spirit or is it Demonic possession? Some people read waaayy too far into things to justify UNSCRIPTURAL spiritual happenings...so much division in the church. Does Holy Spirit FORCE Himself onto people? This one? (Galatians 5:23-23, 2 Timothy 1:7) I believe it was always accompanied by a willing and repentant heart in ALL of Christ's miracles/healings. (Luke 9:51-55). These are BASIC teachings. The Sheep and the Goats. Jesus led lost Sheep to His pasture. Goats CLIMB to the HIGH and SELF-EXALTED places. (Matthew 25:31-46 The Sheep and the Goats, The Final Judgement). There are non-believers with more discernment...
1f614.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"Not that I have already obtained it [this goal of being Christlike] or have already been made perfect, but I actively press on so that I may take hold of that [perfection] for which Christ Jesus took hold of me and made me His own. Brothers and sisters, I do not consider that I have made it my own yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead,

I press on toward the goal to win the [heavenly] prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. All of us who are mature [pursuing spiritual perfection] should have this attitude. And if in any respect you have a different attitude, that too God will make clear to you. Only let us stay true to what we have already attained." Philippians 3:12-16 (AMP)

Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
1f525.png
1f525.png
1f525.png
What is Justice? Why is it always etched in my brain? This is some interesting insight. What is the 144,00 mentioned in Revelations? 12,000x12,000. 12 Tribes of Israel! Revelations 7:1-8. A life of complete servitude. Sealed.

Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Victor- Conqueror.

"And of Asher he said, Let Asher be blessed with children; let him be acceptable to his brethren, and let him dip his foot in oil.

Thy shoes shall be iron and brass; and as thy days, so shall thy strength be.

There is none like unto the God of Jeshurun, who rideth upon the heaven in thy help, and in his excellency on the sky.

The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms: and he shall thrust out the enemy from before thee; and shall say, Destroy them.

Israel then shall dwell in safety alone: the fountain of Jacob shall be upon a land of corn and wine; also his heavens shall drop down dew.

Happy art thou, O Israel: who is like unto thee, O people saved by the Lord, the shield of thy help, and who is the sword of thy excellency! and thine enemies shall be found liars unto thee; and thou shalt tread upon their high places."

Deuteronomy 33:24-29 (KJV).

"And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;

I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.

Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches." Revelations 3:7-13 (KJV)

12 Tribes.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord." Matthew 23:37-39 (KJV)

Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"The 10 commandments are part of the Royal Law (Exodus 20:1-17, Matthew 22:36-40). They are not hard if we love Jesus! They are a blessing! They keep us safe. An excellent, deeper look. They are beneficial and necessary for staying in tune with the Spirit. This is our love for God, to strive to follow His commandments. This is how we stay on the straight and narrow. The 4th commandment (Sabbath- Day of Holy rest is nice).

Also Christ is Lord of the Sabbath, so service of love on that day is operating under the Law of Christ, Matthew 12:1-8, mercy over sacrifice.) Although we must be CAREFUL NOT TO become SELF-RIGHTEOUS, that is the broad and wide gate that leads to destruction. Humility. So this is how we keep from being spiritually attached to the things of this world, and understand the mind of Christ. It's VERY hard for the RICH (in worldly wealth of any kind)! (Matthew 19:16-30) "many of the first will be last, and the last first"

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them, but to fulfill them. For I tell you truly, until heaven and earth pass away, not a single jot, not a stroke of a pen, will disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

So then, whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do likewise will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I tell you that unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." (Matthew 5:17-20). This is why they say "Practice what you preach!"

The Ten Commandments Purpose, Meaning and Definition

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"Individuals trying to control (as if they own it) or restrain (as if they're afraid) the Holy-Spirit are unfamiliar with its authentic POWER. This is why it's important to not stifle the Spirit, but also discernment.

"Do not quench [subdue, or be unresponsive to the working and guidance of] the [Holy] Spirit. Do not scorn or reject gifts of prophecy or prophecies [spoken revelations—words of instruction or exhortation or warning]. But test all things carefully [so you can recognize what is good]. Hold firmly to that which is good. Abstain from every form of evil [withdraw and keep away from it]" 1 Thessalonians 5:19-22 (AMP)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The unrenewed mind will accept the pleasing things to hear and reject the things which sound unpleasant and "unloving". The issue with teaching with honeyed, sweet, and pleasant words is that it usually doesn't contain Truth or transmit the gravity/weight of the message of the cross. People will say to speak the truth in love, but there is no love without the truth! Conviction is not condemnation and Truth is not a people-pleaser! Find someone to disciple you, if you have uneasiness. A good discipler leads by example. Holy Spirit has a specific ministry for all believers. Don't follow someone else's calling...follow your own. You are a voice, not an echo. This is part of growing as a disciple of Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"But if you bear the name “Jew” and rely on the Law [for your salvation] and boast in [your special relationship to] God, and [if you claim to] know His will and approve the things that are essential or have a sense of what is excellent, based on your instruction from the Law, and [if you] are confident that you are a [qualified] guide to the blind [those untaught in theology], a light to those who are in darkness, and [that you are] a corrector of the foolish, a teacher of the [spiritually] childish, having in the Law the embodiment of knowledge and of the truth— well then, you who teach others, do you not teach yourself? You who preach against stealing, do you steal [in ways that are discrete, but just as sinful]? You who say that one must not commit adultery, do you commit adultery? You who detest idols, do you rob [pagan] temples [of valuable idols and offerings]? You who boast in the Law, do you [repeatedly] dishonor God by breaking the Law? For, “the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you,” just as it is written [in Scripture].

Circumcision [the sign of the covenant of Abraham] is indeed of value if you practice the Law; but if you habitually break the Law, your circumcision has become uncircumcision [it is meaningless in God’s sight]. So if the uncircumcised man keeps the requirements of the Law, will not his uncircumcision be regarded [by God] as circumcision? Then he who is physically uncircumcised but keeps [the spirit of] the Law will judge you who, even though you have the written code and circumcision, break the Law. For he is not a [real] Jew who is only one outwardly, nor is [true] circumcision something external and physical. But he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and [true] circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, not by [the fulfillment of] the letter [of the Law]. His praise is not from men, but from God." Romans 2:17-29 (AMP).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If you want to be religious, make this your religion.

"Pure and unblemished religion [as it is expressed in outward acts] in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit and look after the fatherless and the widows in their distress, and to keep oneself uncontaminated by the [secular] world" James 1:27 (AMP)

"The [Holy] Spirit and the bride (the church, believers) say, “Come.” And let the one who hears say, “Come.” And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who wishes take and drink the water of life without cost." Revelations 22:17 (AMP)

Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The antichrist is the false image of Jesus that was/is attempting to replace Him as He is, according to His Word. Emphasizing on immoral freedom and a careless lifestyle (on the basis of faith) without realizing that that goes against His entire teaching! People keep looking out for some kind of special and very wicked man but they cannot even see it in themselves, they have been deceived! (not talking about the False Prophet) Flesh cannot interpret Spirit! There are many anti-christs....

Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"Behold, days are coming,” declares the Lord GOD,
“When I will send a famine on the land,
Not a famine for bread or a thirst for water,
But rather for hearing the words of the LORD.

“People will stagger from sea to sea
And from the north even to the east;
They will go to and fro to seek the word of the LORD,
But they will not find it.

“In that day the beautiful virgins
And the young men will faint from thirst.

“As for those who swear by the guilt of Samaria,
Who say, ‘As your god lives, O Dan,’
And, ‘As the way of Beersheba lives,’
They will fall and not rise again.” Amos 8:11-14

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.