GodDreamer0715

Sep 6, 2016
Lakewood, NY
✟8,287.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Thinking about the spiritual gift,'the utterance of wisdom'. What is this?
Generally a speaking it is a word given by the Holy Spirit that takes specific Scripture and applies it to a situation that the congregation is facing....kind of like an instant sermon.

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Generally a speaking it is a word given by the Holy Spirit that takes specific Scripture and applies it to a situation that the congregation is facing....kind of like an instant sermon.
Wow! That's a supernatural gift. Words of wisdom inspired by the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

GodDreamer0715

Sep 6, 2016
Lakewood, NY
✟8,287.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
And then there is the 'utterance of knowledge' or 'a word of knowledge'. What is that?
"Among Pentecostal and charismatic Christians, the word of knowledge is often defined as the ability of one person to know what God is currently doing or intends to do in the life of another person. It can also be defined as knowing the secrets of another person's heart. Through this revelation, it is believed that God encourages the faith of the believer to receive the healing or comfort that God offers.For example, in a public gathering, a person who claims to have the gift of knowledge may describe a medical problem and ask anyone suffering from the described problem to identify themselves and receive prayer for healing.According to this definition, the word of knowledge is a form of revelation similar to prophecy or a type of discernment." Stolen from Wiki...lol I couldn't put it in words (I haven't had coffee yet ☕☕☕️)

Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
"Among Pentecostal and charismatic Christians, the word of knowledge is often defined as the ability of one person to know what God is currently doing or intends to do in the life of another person. It can also be defined as knowing the secrets of another person's heart. Through this revelation, it is believed that God encourages the faith of the believer to receive the healing or comfort that God offers.For example, in a public gathering, a person who claims to have the gift of knowledge may describe a medical problem and ask anyone suffering from the described problem to identify themselves and receive prayer for healing.According to this definition, the word of knowledge is a form of revelation similar to prophecy or a type of discernment." Stolen from Wiki...lol I couldn't put it in words (I haven't had coffee yet ☕☕☕️)
Great 'God Dreamer' Another supernatural gift very often used with Wisdom. Do we have any experiences of these gifts at work? Others please share also.

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Donald Gee also spoke of the 'Gifts of Doing',namely 'Faith' (to be distinguished from that of ordinary faith) 'Gifts of Healing' and 'Working of Miracles' ('operations of works of power')

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The final three Gifts of the Spirit are vocal,'Gifts of Speaking'- 'Prophecy','Tongues' and 'Interpretation of Tongues' -'utterance gifts' - 'Gifts of Doing.'

Last edited:
Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
'Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit,but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests,but also to the interests of others. Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus..' (Phil.2:3-7)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Donald Gee also spoke of the 'Gifts of Doing',namely 'Faith' (to be distinguished from that of ordinary faith) 'Gifts of Healing' and 'Working of Miracles' ('operations of works of power')

I have just downloaded a book onto kindle by Donald Gee, called 'Concerning Spiritual Gifts' all his books are very expensive, so this kindle book was ideal at £3.29. I have read just the first few pages and I like his style of writing.

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I have just downloaded a book onto kindle by Donald Gee, called 'Concerning Spiritual Gifts' all his books are very expensive, so this kindle book was ideal at £3.29. I have read just the first few pages and I like his style of writing.
It's a great book from a great man with a Great God!

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
When we use 'Spiritual gifts (1 Cor.12:8-10) we are no more spiritual,than those with other gifts. We are given a gift to help build up the Body of Christ,the Church. It is for this purpose and to glorify God.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
...reading my book concerning Spiritual gifts, and...'praying in the Spirit at all times...' praying for my friends, family and Church...reading Acts, Romans and Corinthians again...very exciting stuff!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
...reading my book concerning Spiritual gifts, and...'praying in the Spirit at all times...' praying for my friends, family and Church...reading Acts, Romans and Corinthians again...very exciting stuff!
Gripping stuff!

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
It would be lovely to hear from any Pentecostal friends,whether Assemblies of God,Elim,Foursquare,Church of God of Prophecy,New Testament Church of God and others who are baptised in the Holy Spirit,who trust in Jesus and believe in the Trinity. Why be silent? Come and help build the Kingdom,through this forum!

Reactions: rocknanchor
Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
It would be lovely to hear from any Pentecostal friends,whether Assemblies of God,Elim,Foursquare,Church of God of Prophecy,New Testament Church of God and others who are baptised in the Holy Spirit,who trust in Jesus and believe in the Trinity. Why be silent? Come and help build the Kingdom,through this forum!

Some say in acknowledgement, the enablement of that heavenly prayer language should be discrete if without an interpreter. Little wonder.

What I have wondered over is what may on occasion be the brash use of the gift of tongues,

“So then tongues are for a sign, not to those who believe but to unbelievers; but prophecy is for a sign, not to unbelievers but to those who believe.” (I Cor. 14:22)​

, , in such a context of exhibition I offer this one caveat, when the atmosphere of dismay falls on anger, the spirit of the candidate has turned and assumed the spirit of persecutor. At that point I feel we are no longer under such light obligation at all.

Upvote 0