Speech?

ocean

Banned (just kidding)
Sep 25, 2002
van city
✟9,736.00
Faith
Agnostic
This may seem stupid and trivial here, but I can't think of anywhere else to post it.

Anyway, I can't and never have been able to prounce words like "children" (sounds like til-a-wen) and "hundred" or anything with a dr or br in the word. Should I get therapy for this or will it just go away on it's own?

Feel free to move this topic.

Blake

Musically Challenged
Jul 1, 2003
Vanuatu
Visit site
✟8,045.00
Faith
Christian
Speech impediments usually don't go away on their own. Basically, its a personal choice for you. If your speech does not bother you and other people can interpret what your saying with ease, then I would not worry about it. But, there probably will be some hinderances that come along with it such as being looked over for a job promotion, its sad but people will overlook you if have some type of disability/problem.

To correct your speech you would have to see some kind of speech pathologist and they will give you exercises to eventually fix your problem if it isn't very severe. Sometimes surgery is required. Some speech impediments do go away with time, but it would never hurt to get it checked out. I wish I could help you more, but I don't know much about the subject.

Upvote 0

JillLars

It's a Boy! Jace David- Due 1/20/07
Jan 20, 2003
New Hope, MN
Visit site
✟3,944.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Since you have always had a problem with it and you are 22 years old, you should not count on it going away on its own. Most sounds should be fully developed during childhood. If you want to see a speech therapist, that may help.

Upvote 0