Speaking in Tongues

garee

Feb 18, 2013
✟22,818.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
it's because I don't understand why you're opening this thread up 3 yrs after it died. and the points you are making have nothing to do with what you quoted by me.

We are talking about tongues the subject matter.. Are they a sign to support believers or a sign against those who beleive not all things written in the law and prophets (sola scriptura) ?

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
We are talking about tongues the subject matter.. Are they a sign to support believers or a sign against those who beleive not all things written in the law and prophets (sola scriptura) ?

that wasn't what you initially quoted from me 3 years ago.

Upvote 0

garee

Feb 18, 2013
✟22,818.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
a carbon copy.

Same law of the fathers as oral traditions of men using a different fleshly father. Both killed the misperceived competition with letters of approval from the high priest to show they were walking by sight as those who lord it over the faith of the non venerable. (Acts 22)

I would consider it the unthinkable. The Jews had the faith that comes from our unseen Holy Father in heaven in respect to the flesh of Abraham . Other sects have the same in respect to our brother in the Lord Peter . Both called sola scriptura a heresy so that they could keep the oral traditions of the fathers. In that way a carbon copy.

Matthew 3:9 And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham (Peter) to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham (Peter) .

Call no man on earth Holy Father.. one is our infallible teaching Master in heaven

Many lively stones make up the spiritual house of God not seen, the invisible church.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Same law of the fathers as oral traditions of men using a different fleshly father. Both killed the misperceived competition with letters of approval from the high priest to show they were walking by sight as those who lord it over the faith of the non venerable. (Acts 22)

I would consider it the unthinkable. The Jews had the faith that comes from our unseen Holy Father in heaven in respect to the flesh of Abraham . Other sects have the same in respect to our brother in the Lord Peter . Both called sola scriptura a heresy so that they could keep the oral traditions of the fathers. In that way a carbon copy.

Matthew 3:9 And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham (Peter) to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham (Peter) .

Call no man on earth Holy Father.. one is our infallible teaching Master in heaven

Many lively stones make up the spiritual house of God not seen, the invisible church.

this is a bizarre post and jumps around a lot. and shows an ignorance of the early Church

Upvote 0

garee

Feb 18, 2013
✟22,818.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
this is a bizarre post and jumps around a lot. and shows an ignorance of the early Church

Early church as the bride of Christ ? How early Genesis? The first martyr Abel sent by God ? cain Mudered him in the filed plowed him undr to establish the Pagan faithless foundation "out of sight out of mind".No God in their hearts called fools

I would think the law of the fathers, kings and princes (men seen) is bizarre. It defines the "law of the fathers" oral traditions of men, a false zeal for knowing God. (Acts 22) Men lording it over of the non venerable ones.

No venerable ones in the church other than our unseen Holy Father in heaven. God is not served by human hands in any way shape or form .We walk by faith the unseen eternal. He moved his nighty men of old men as he works from within those born again

In Acts 24 the law of the fathers are shown as those who called "all things written in the law and prophets" (sola scriptura ) heresy .

Paul from the Nazarene denomination the first listed in the new testament was previously under the law of the fathers that was used in the two sects they did having different fathers seek the oral traditions of men (Sadducees with Pharisees) They put aside there differences in order to murder Christians, being sent with letter of approval of the high priest..

Born again Paul explained that by which they called heresy, so he worshiped the God of the fathers.

They worshipped the fleshly fathers as if the legion made up God . Acts 24

The reformation under all things written in the law and the prophets restored the order of the true church.

Where do you find the early church information in the Bible?

One is our Father in heaven not seen .The loving commandment is to call no man on earth Holy Father venerable one.

The one source of Christian faith. The things of God not seen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

garee

Feb 18, 2013
✟22,818.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
sorry, but this is just a jumbled mess, and really ignorant of history.

Acts 22 and 24 give us a accurate account of history and the law of the fathers (legion or succession ) which apposes the one law of our one Holy Father in heaven .

Its easy to see men were having the faith of men in the place of our one Holy Father in heaven . What they called heresy in regard to Paul in his new denomination(Nazrene) he worshiped the God of the fathers And not fathers(legion) as gods in the likeness of men.

Acts 24 13 Neither can they prove the things whereof they now accuse me. But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets.

Again we worship the God of the fathers and not venerable fathers as if they were God.

Sola scriptura not the oral traditions of those kind of fathers.

In that way no man can serve two teaching Masters. . . the eternal things of God not seen and those temporal of men seen .

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Acts 22 and 24 give us a accurate account of history and the law of the fathers (legion or succession ) which apposes the one law of our one Holy Father in heaven .

Its easy to see men were having the faith of men in the place of our one Holy Father in heaven . What they called heresy in regard to Paul in his new denomination(Nazrene) he worshiped the God of the fathers And not fathers(legion) as gods in the likeness of men.

Acts 24 13 Neither can they prove the things whereof they now accuse me. But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets.

Again we worship the God of the fathers and not venerable fathers as if they were God.

Sola scriptura not the oral traditions of those kind of fathers.

In that way no man can serve two teaching Masters. . . the eternal things of God not seen and those temporal of men seen .

this has nothing to do with us or what this discussion was about. seriously, what are you talking about? I really have no interest in derailing a thread that was dead for over three years.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Xenophon
Upvote 0

garee

Feb 18, 2013
✟22,818.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
this has nothing to do with us or what this discussion was about. seriously, what are you talking about? I really have no interest in derailing a thread that was dead for over three years.

I am talking about what the early church and how a law of the fathers oral traditions of men affected the tongues doctrine.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums