Speaking in Tongues

Aug 27, 2012
United States of America
✟41,078.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
nope. You made a point in an earlier tread by trying to say I didn't read something because I forgot a detail about something that Guerney liked.

No one is perfect Matt, but there are people on this forum who do not read carefully. Sorry if that ruffles your feathers, but that is what it is, and it's not just my opinion. Others have noticed that as well.

Upvote 0

garee

Feb 18, 2013
✟22,818.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What are you even talking about? None of that makes sense in context of the history of how the Church came about, how the Church has existed for millennia, how the Scriptures came about, and how the Scriptures have been fostered for millennia. Anything interpreted outside of the Church (the Body of Believers) makes no sense; the Bible is about the salvation of individuals and about the salvation of mankind as a whole (community). It makes little sense to have personal interpretation, when there can be no reliable agreement between personal/private interpretations. You absolutely have to go by what has been taught about those Scriptures for the millennia of the Church's and the Bible's existence; if you don't do that, you're fighting a losing battle for your salvation because Scriptural interpretation belongs to the community, not to conflicting individualities. God gave you a brain for a reason; use all available resources (yes, including prayer) to understand Scriptures.

Context of history?What kind of sense is that? Seems like non-sense in respect to God's interpretation the Bible. Does it make sense that we need no man to teach us?

And agreement with private interpretations as personal commentaries. Whats that all about, every person has their own heresy as opinions of men ?

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,455,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Context of history?What kind of sense is that? Seems like non-sense in respect to God's interpretation the Bible. Does it make sense that we need no man to teach us?

And agreement with private interpretations as personal commentaries. Whats that all about, every person has their own heresy as opinions of men ?

it's what happens when folks don't take context of history into account, just like any historical document.

Upvote 0

garee

Feb 18, 2013
✟22,818.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
it's what happens when folks don't take context of history into account, just like any historical document.

I have not seen that kind of prescription for rightly dividing the word of God or at least of the ones I am familiar with. How did you come up with that I idea?

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,455,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I have not seen that kind of prescription for rightly dividing the word of God or at least of the ones I am familiar with. How did you come up with that I idea?

I didn't come up with anything. all I know is how the Scriptures as we know them came to be, and I do not presume to know more about what St John meant than his own disciples

Upvote 0

garee

Feb 18, 2013
✟22,818.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
um, what? this makes no sense. I am saying to follow the rules on our subforum.

I am saying your heterodox opinion, talking to another about their heterodox opinion has no significance to this subforum. go hardcore all you want, just somewhere else. if you want to engage and debate us, that is fine.

Not my intention to puff up one anther.

I think in that way we all offer our private interpretation as personal commentaries or opinions on how we believe or hope we hear his understanding giving us ears to hear. .

In that way there must be heresies (sects) among us, seeing we walk by faith, the unseen eternal, knowing the kingdom does not come by observation. Its not my goal to not have a orthodox offering.

It is God who makes us different .He defines the us in us and those who go out from that standpoint.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,455,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Not my intention to puff up one anther.

I think in that way we all offer our private interpretation as personal commentaries or opinions on how we believe or hope we hear his understanding giving us ears to hear. .

In that way there must be heresies (sects) among us, seeing we walk by faith, the unseen eternal, knowing the kingdom does not come by observation. Its not my goal to not have a orthodox offering.

It is God who makes us different .He defines the us in us and those who go out from that standpoint.

what?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

garee

Feb 18, 2013
✟22,818.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
that makes no sense with what you quoted.

Did you mean tongues as prophecy makes no sense or so much that the outward sign represents those who do not hold to all things written in the law and the prophets (sola scriptura) and some have added their own oral tradition. . . making a sound and falling backward. .

According to the foundation of law of tongues and the revisit of the doctrine in 1 Corinthians 14 its not something the believers are to seek after. Prophecy called our new tongue is the gospel in all the languages of the nations of the world . The promise of Joel.

In that way good news to the believer and a curse to those who ad the oral traditions of men.

21 In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and "yet for all that" will they not hear me, saith the Lord. Wherefore "tongues" are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.

You could say the drunks according to Isaiah 28 called the believers drunks because the understanding of faith was hid from them. God having sent the strong delusion they fall backward under the spirit of judgment.

Acts 2:15-17 King James Version (KJV)For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day. But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,455,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Did you mean tongues as prophecy makes no sense or so much that the outward sign represents those who do not hold to all things written in the law and the prophets (sola scriptura) and some have added their own oral tradition. . . making a sound and falling backward. .

According to the foundation of law of tongues and the revisit of the doctrine in 1 Corinthians 14 its not something the believers are to seek after. Prophecy called our new tongue is the gospel in all the languages of the nations of the world . The promise of Joel.

In that way good news to the believer and a curse to those who ad the oral traditions of men.

21 In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and "yet for all that" will they not hear me, saith the Lord. Wherefore "tongues" are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.

You could say the drunks according to Isaiah 28 called the believers drunks because the understanding of faith was hid from them. God having sent the strong delusion they fall backward under the spirit of judgment.

Acts 2:15-17 King James Version (KJV)For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day. But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

no...you initially quoted me (3 years after this thread died) saying the rules for this forum don't allow two heterodox to argue with each other. seriously, what are you talking about?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

garee

Feb 18, 2013
✟22,818.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
no...you initially quoted me (3 years after this thread died) saying the rules for this forum don't allow two heterodox to argue with each other. seriously, what are you talking about?

I am talking about the use of tongues. What do you mean about the allowance of two heterodoxies? I am not familiar with the use of that word (heterodoxies) Two sects cannot debate?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ArmyMatt

Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,455,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I am talking about the use of tongues. What do you mean about the allowance of two heterodoxies? I am not familiar with the use of that word (heterodoxies) Two sects cannot debate?

this is the Orthodox forum. non-Orthodox (heterodox) may debate us, but not each other on here. that's what was happening 3 years ago.

Upvote 0

garee

Feb 18, 2013
✟22,818.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
this is the Orthodox forum. non-Orthodox (heterodox) may debate us, but not each other on here. that's what was happening 3 years ago.

Thanks for the reply.

I think I understand .But then how could we know the us from us. as those who were not of the us, but they went out from us as Jesus defines the us?

After all the Bible informs us there must be heresies as differences of opinion among us?

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,455,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for the reply.

I think I understand .But then how could we know the us from us. as those who were not of the us, but they went out from us as Jesus defines the us?

After all the Bible informs us there must be heresies as differences of opinion among us?

sorry, but what?

Upvote 0

garee

Feb 18, 2013
✟22,818.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
sorry, but what?

What is that "but what" in respect to? The bible defining the us from who some went out from? Or orthodox as opinions of men? Things of men or those of God?

How can we hear God?

1 John 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,455,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
What is that "but what" in respect to? The bible defining the us from who some went out from? Or orthodox as opinions of men? Things of men or those of God?

How can we hear God?

1 John 2:19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

it's because I don't understand why you're opening this thread up 3 yrs after it died. and the points you are making have nothing to do with what you quoted by me.

Upvote 0