Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Some of his music....

This guy is so iconic...

You can literally Google "cowboy sound" and a version of this theme will be the result. I immediately picture a couple of dueling cowboys and a tumbleweed when I hear it. He's embedded himself in American mythos.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Sad to hear of his passing but what a legacy to leave behind. He’s responsible for some of the most iconic film scores of all time. Movies and the culture they’ve shaped just wouldn’t be the same without him.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hmm.. recently watched The Good, The Bad And The Ugly for the first time a few months go. A pretty good film. That opening score is iconic. Didn't know that same guy did other films like The Untouchables. Guess I'll have to look through his music catalog.

Looks like he did Once Upon A Time In America. Probably my favorite work of his. Haunting.. especially considering how sexually violent some of the scenes were. A huge cocktail of emotions with that work.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes, he complained about some only recognizing his early work and not mentioning the bulk of his work.

But The Good, The Bad and The Ugly is so incredibly iconic. All you have to hear to know the song is the first 6 notes.

He was also very creative with the music in the spaghetti westerns.

• Agree
Reactions: Pioneer3mm
Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
One of his best works is the theme from the movie Cinema Paradiso. For violin and orchestra. Which he composed with his son, Andrea. It's quite moving and conveys a feeling of yearning and a sort of sweet sadness. A great piece of film music. With very nice fiddle playing by Chloe Hanslip.

• Agree
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

All Englands Skies

Christian-Syndicalist
Nov 4, 2008
Midlands
✟221,057.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Hmm.. recently watched The Good, The Bad And The Ugly for the first time a few months go. A pretty good film. That opening score is iconic. Didn't know that same guy did other films like The Untouchables. Guess I'll have to look through his music catalog.

Looks like he did Once Upon A Time In America. Probably my favorite work of his. Haunting.. especially considering how sexually violent some of the scenes were. A huge cocktail of emotions with that work.

I always like the soundtracks he did to Orca: The Killer Whale and A Fistful of Dynamite (a different story to the fistful of dollars trilogy and starred James Coburn)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I always like the soundtracks he did to Orca: The Killer Whale and A Fistful of Dynamite (a different story to the fistful of dollars trilogy and starred James Coburn)
Who else could make two minutes of bad guys looking back and forth at one another riveting?

• Agree
Reactions: FreeinChrist
Upvote 0