Cheshire
Visit site
✟11,293.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I know, it starts earlier every year! :D

I have just opened a pack I recieved off them which has information about this year's summer events on it. ^_^ I'm a little confused about something because the Momentum conference for 20 somethings and the Passion for your name (worship leaders) event are both from the 19th and 23rd and seem to both be in the usual place. If they're on at the same time, how are the logistics of that going to work? :scratch:

Steve :wave:

steverock

Veteran
Mar 15, 2004
✟9,039.00
Faith
Christian
Steve_SandbachBaptist_UK said:
I know, it starts earlier every year! :D

I have just opened a pack I recieved off them which has information about this year's summer events on it. ^_^ I'm a little confused about something because the Momentum conference for 20 somethings and the Passion for your name (worship leaders) event are both from the 19th and 23rd and seem to both be in the usual place. If they're on at the same time, how are the logistics of that going to work? :scratch:

Steve :wave:

Passion would probably be held in one of the barns - like where one of the seminar areas are. Momentum would probably be in another one or one would be in the big tent and the other in a barns. Just random guesses but that could be how it happens.

I wasn't intending to go this year but they said last year that Brother Andrew might be coming to speak and that is something I would like to hear. I read his book God Smuggler and I thought it was amazing some of the stuff he did and some of the things God did for him. I help out with my churches youth group and last year I went to soul survivor as a leader so I'm gonna see if I might do the same this year.

Should be good!!

I think this is a new record for soul surivor talk - over 8 months from when anything to do with the soul survivor festival starts!! I applaud your enthusiasm :clap:

Upvote 0

Steve_SandbachBaptist_UK

Jun 3, 2004
Cheshire
Visit site
✟11,293.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
LOL :D Well it's only because of the confusion that I'm talking about it really. It's going to be a bit strange with people from 2 different conferences bumping into each other. I hope to attend the Momentum event or week A/B, but we will see what happens.

I bet somebody somewhere has already booked up! :)

Steve

Upvote 0

PEANUT

Jun 20, 2004
Newport
Visit site
✟8,161.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
ooooh Soul Survivor is 8 months away and suprisingly i havent booked yet but week B could be the one i go to. Im looking foward to feel Gods prescence strongly once again and dancing away in Mr Boogies (i.e. Chasers MkII)

Cheesy music is fun. But not forgetting the tunes from good ol Tim Hughes.

Upvote 0

PEANUT

Jun 20, 2004
Newport
Visit site
✟8,161.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
Rossi said:
but Gods the same everywhere.You should be able to feel Gods presnce in your bedroom aswell as at youth events.

A i hope that i can embrace him in everywhere i go in my life, its just sometimes i stupidly let other things get in the way. You know , my new years resolution was to dispose of selfish thoguhts and replace them with Gods thinking and i should really live in the Lords eyes all the time rather than just get spiritually high at Soul Survivor.

Thanks for pointing that out. :)

Upvote 0

clareos86

jem girl
Sep 30, 2005
bonny glasgow
✟9,222.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey kids, I cannae wait for SS this year!! I became a Christian there in 2004 :) Last year I went to Week A and Momentum (man was I tired by the end!!)

They put the Momentum folk in thr Big Top and the PFYN folk in one of the big barn things last year. Seemed to work pretty well so I think they'll prob do it again this year.

Anyone plannin on goin to Momentum? Or S Africa with Soul Action this summer?

Clare:kiss:

Upvote 0

SpiritPhiled

Jan 8, 2006
Hereford/Aberystwyth
Visit site
✟7,636.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
Hey everyone!
Saw the SS post and thought I'd check it out. I've never been before but I'm thinking of going this year, I was wondering if some of you seasoned veterans had any tips or words of wisdom for a prospective SS-er!?

Phil

Upvote 0

Rossi

And I Still Havent Found What Im Looking For
Sep 17, 2004
Hong Kong
Visit site
✟17,233.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
SpiritPhiled said:
Hey everyone!
Saw the SS post and thought I'd check it out. I've never been before but I'm thinking of going this year, I was wondering if some of you seasoned veterans had any tips or words of wisdom for a prospective SS-er!?

Phil

Bring clothes for all weather!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PEANUT

Jun 20, 2004
Newport
Visit site
✟8,161.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
Plenty of Money.... That is if you like your food and wanna buy gifts and other materials at SS.

Food aint cheap at SS and although there is a tesco's four miles away from the site, its more sensible to get your group/yourself to make a dinner/tea in the afternoon with your own food rather than munching on Junk food on the site everyday that would be unkind to your wallet:sorry:

Upvote 0

clareos86

jem girl
Sep 30, 2005
bonny glasgow
✟9,222.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, make sure you bring plenty of socks! Bring clothes and stuff for all kinds of weather - like jumpers, sun cream, shorts.. Plenty of warm stuff to wear at night in your tent - even om sunny days the nights are FREEZING!! Enough clothes is the main thing - if it rains, the whole place gets so mucky and disgusting!

I'd personally recommend bringing your own Bible, notebook etc

Both years I've gone with a big group of mates. What we do is order food online from the nearby Tesco and have them deliver it to the showground. That way we have food for breakfast, lunch and snacks and it's sooo cheap. Each time I've only had to chip in a tenner. Food at night costs about £4/5 per night. Plus there is an AWESOME stall that does the best belgian waffles on the planet so i'd reccomend bringing some extra pennies for that!!

Upvote 0

Steve_SandbachBaptist_UK

Jun 3, 2004
Cheshire
Visit site
✟11,293.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Yes I would say it is best to make most of your own meals. Getting the food a couple of days before can be exciting because you know its just around the corner. :) And cooking at Soul Survivor is more fun than in any normal situation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

teehee

Aug 3, 2005
Birmingham, UK
Visit site
✟15,985.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
ah might go to momnetum this year being a skl leaver and all that :)
ss is getting stranger though they are getting younger and younger.......in my day it was never like that :)
and mr boogies is way better than tim hughes.........although our dad play in err....dreggs....sint it i think.............thery rulllleeeeeeeeeeeee
www.our-dad.com
at least last year the tents didnt collaps 2 years ago they did.hehe that was funny

Upvote 0

Rossi

And I Still Havent Found What Im Looking For
Sep 17, 2004
Hong Kong
Visit site
✟17,233.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Steve_SandbachBaptist_UK said:
I haven't been since 2003 so it should be interesting to see how things have changed.

Things have definatly changed.I didnt like the way they had a Catholic service for anybody who wanted it.Also the Communion(sp) wasnt great.It was a Church of England Communion with the whole reply after me thing.Communion should be personal between you and God.

Upvote 0

Gkbarnes

A practising Christian-literally
Jul 10, 2005
London
✟2,743.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Rossi said:
Things have definatly changed.I didnt like the way they had a Catholic service for anybody who wanted it.Also the Communion(sp) wasnt great.It was a Church of England Communion with the whole reply after me thing.Communion should be personal between you and God.

How do you mean "Catholic"? Like Anglo-Catholic?

Upvote 0