On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
QUOTE="SPF, post: 71550990, member: 395145"]You make no sense at all Rick, none.
lol.
If I wanted to investigate the truth of belief X, a really good way to do that is to talk to someone who holds belief x.
hilarious. really.
Likewise, my non-Christian friends know that I'm a Christian, and so when they have a question about Christianity they ask me. It makes sense, right?
If that's all the sense you have, then it makes perfect sense to you.
As far as I can tell, you do not believe that the earth is round, so I was hoping to pick your brain a bit and perhaps learn some things.
No you weren't. You might sincerely believe that, but I know better.
But for whatever reason, you have some serious issues...
You are so far out of line with that I would report if it would actually make any difference.
You owe me more than one apology for your malicious ad homs from behind your self-deceiving demeanor.
'''and a wall twice as tall as Trump promised to build and appear to actually be incapable of having any sort of decent conversation.
You're being indecent.

Your're insulting in your speech, demeaning, rude, and a terrible representation of a Christian. I'll leave you to your 1-2 sentence last words.
That was your intent in the first place, To hate on me. Well done.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟658,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
lol.
hilarious. really.
If that's all the sense you have, then it makes perfect sense to you.

No you weren't. You might sincerely believe that, but I know better.
You are so far out of line with that I would report if it would actually make any difference.
You owe me more than one apology for your malicious ad homs from behind your self-deceiving demeanor.

You're being indecent.

That was your intent in the first place, To hate on me. Well done.

You posted in #256 as if you're the one who wants to have a constructive conversation, and then you write stuff like this? Make up your mind!

BTW, the long-touted idea that the earth as shown in the sky of the moon was photoshopped--it should be noted that the first lunar landing occurred in 1969, and Adobe Photoshop wasn't even on the market until the latter half of 1988.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You posted in #256 as if you're the one who wants to have a constructive conversation, and then you write stuff like this? Make up your mind!

BTW, the long-touted idea that the earth as shown in the sky of the moon was photoshopped--it should be noted that the first lunar landing occurred in 1969, and Adobe Photoshop wasn't even on the market until the latter half of 1988.
It has to be on the market for the spooks in military intelligence to have it?
And you have the nerve to lecture me on conversation?
Nevermind... look at all these cool photos of satellites.
Isn't it awesome that NASA has the foresight to launch a photo taking satellite along next to each one?
;)
NASA photos of satellites - Google Search

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟658,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It has to be on the market for the spooks in military intelligence to have it?
And you have the nerve to lecture me on conversation?
Nevermind... look at all these cool photos of satellites.
Isn't it awesome that NASA has the foresight to launch a photo taking satellite along next to each one?
;)
NASA photos of satellites - Google Search

Many of the photos you referenced were artist conceptions of proposed projects. The others were usually taken by the spacecraft that deployed it or maintained it. When the Space Shuttle was launched into orbit, it often deployed a couple of satellites. The photos were taken from the shuttle.

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Many of the photos you referenced were artist conceptions of proposed projects. The others were usually taken by the spacecraft that deployed it. When the Space Shuttle was launched into orbit, it often deployed a couple of satellites. The photos were taken from the shuttle.
Unsubstantiated assertions.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟658,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟658,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Shifting goal post.

Then move the goalposts wherever you want them to be.
Tell me first of all what your main point is. Do you not believe a photo can be taken of a satellite by the deploying spacecraft or not? You posted the question, "Isn't it awesome that NASA has the foresight to launch a photo taking satellite along next to each one?" So what was the point in asking such a question if you're just going to refer to the answer as "shifting goal post"?

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Tell me first of all what your main point is. Do you not believe a photo can be taken of a satellite by the deploying spacecraft or not? You posted the question, "Isn't it awesome that NASA has the foresight to launch a photo taking satellite along next to each one?" So what was the point in asking such a question if you're just going to refer to the answer as "shifting goal post"?
Nice trick. Pretend my Shifting goalposts didn't refer to your doing that to avoid my allegation of unsubstantiated assertions.
Is it part of the Gov. playbook to never directly address a point?
You deserve a raise. ;)

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟658,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Nice trick. Pretend my Shifting goalposts didn't refer to your doing that to avoid my allegation of unsubstantiated assertions.
Is it part of the Gov. playbook to never directly address a point?
You deserve a raise. ;)

It looks like you need another lecture about how to have a decent conversation. :sigh:

I invite you again to go ahead and make whatever point it is you want to make and then we can discuss it from there. I feel like I'm going out on a limb by assuming you're capable of making an actual point (based on how you've been acting so far), but I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
QUOTE="Aldebaran, It looks like you need another lecture about how to have a decent conversation. :sigh:
I observe you are still in-cognizant, or un-willing to admit the fact we define both decency and discussion fundamentally differently.
I invite you again to go ahead and make whatever point it is you want to make and then we can discuss it from there. I feel like I'm going out on a limb by assuming you're capable of making an actual point (based on how you've been acting so far), but I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt.
Fortunately I know I don't have to attend every argument I am invited to.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟658,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I observe you are still in-cognizant, or un-willing to admit the fact we define both decency and discussion fundamentally differently.

Clearly. :rolleyes:
See posts #261, 265, 267, 269 and 271 for perfect examples of what it means to not be able to have a decent discussion (and that's just on this page).

Fortunately I know I don't have to attend every argument I am invited to.

IOW, it's the other guy who has to provide all the answers while you sit by and do your mocking. Got it!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Buju

Jul 30, 2017
Midwest
✟8,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hello, new here. I hafta say this is one of the most entertaining subjects that I've ever stumbled across. Being Messianic I know more than a few people who believe this hypothesis and one of my favorite things to do in the presence of my Messianic friends who don't believe this is to push out stuff I hear from the ones that do, and then sit back smiling and watch the ensuing conversation. So basically thanks for arming me ;). In the spirit of that, I'm going to play the other side (that I actually believe) and push out a couple things.
To date we have launched into space over 3000 satellites most of these being of the diversified private sector. To believe that every last one of them is in on this is astounding to me. In addition to this, the sheer amount of countries and time that would hafta go into it is also astounding. If not now, then during the cold war Russia probably would have ratted the US out if for no other reason than that they could.
Also, nowadays you have people doing this http://sprudge.com/la-colombe-shot-draft-latte-space-114124.html and unless the government is paying off everybody shooting these off (including privately owned companies with really good coffee that I've talked to) they'd have a major leak problem.
Just sayin'. Now please continue, I honestly enjoy it. :)

Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Have you people not noticed that with all these weather balloons- launched from widely varied locations all around the planet- ALWAYS resolve footage that shows the exact same distance to the horizon in ALL directions of the panorama (360 degrees)? You cannot explain that on a flat plain. For instance, if the Earth was flat, a weather balloon launched from, say, New Zealand or Chile would show a seemingly infinite distance when facing North (you would not see the horizon at all), and an EDGE when it rotated South... You would be able to see the Antarctic ice wall... Of course, this does not happen at all- ever! No matter where you are on Earth, the distance to the horizon was the same distance in all directions... Like an Ant on a basketball.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟658,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hello, new here. I hafta say this is one of the most entertaining subjects that I've ever stumbled across. Being Messianic I know more than a few people who believe this hypothesis and one of my favorite things to do in the presence of my Messianic friends who don't believe this is to push out stuff I hear from the ones that do, and then sit back smiling and watch the ensuing conversation. So basically thanks for arming me ;). In the spirit of that, I'm going to play the other side (that I actually believe) and push out a couple things.
To date we have launched into space over 3000 satellites most of these being of the diversified private sector. To believe that every last one of them is in on this is astounding to me. In addition to this, the sheer amount of countries and time that would hafta go into it is also astounding. If not now, then during the cold war Russia probably would have ratted the US out if for no other reason than that they could.
Also, nowadays you have people doing this http://sprudge.com/la-colombe-shot-draft-latte-space-114124.html and unless the government is paying off everybody shooting these off (including privately owned companies with really good coffee that I've talked to) they'd have a major leak problem.
Just sayin'. Now please continue, I honestly enjoy it. :)

I think you pretty much summed up my own views on the subject, although there is far more that has been done in space than the 3,000 satellites. The space probes that have gone to other planets, the lunar landings in the 60s and 70s, the space shuttle program--not to mention the space programs of other agencies such as the European Space Agency: Welcome to ESA

So far, the only types of responses I've gotten from mentioning any of this is that it's all a big conspiracy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Buju

Jul 30, 2017
Midwest
✟8,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well dontcha know, it is a conspiracy. If the world governments let us know the earth was actually flat then it would put in jeopardy everything that world governments have been trying to accomplish since the dawn of man. Sorry, Couldn't help myself.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟658,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Well dontcha know, it is a conspiracy. If the world governments let us know the earth was actually flat then it would put in jeopardy everything that world governments have been trying to accomplish since the dawn of man. Sorry, Couldn't help myself.

The people might even demand to know what's above the star-painted dome that's over the top of the earth. Can't let that happen!

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
The people might even demand to know what's above the star-painted dome that's over the top of the earth. Can't let that happen!

Water. The floodgates of the sky for Noah’s flood.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟658,467.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Is that also where the water comes from whenever it rains?

I guessing that water comes from below the dome, that is why the world no longer gets covered to Mount Everest when it rains. But I am not a flat earther. (but I work with one)

Upvote 0