Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Period talk below. If that makes you feel grossed out, I'd recommend not reading ahead. But, in any case, I'll do my best not to be unnecessarily graphic.

This has been a problem of mine ever since I've started having periods, but they've always been pretty irregular. I've missed my periods for months at a time (7 months straight, one time), had seperate ones weeks or even days apart, and have ones that can be either very light, normal, or unnaturally heavy. One ended up being so bad recently that I ended up almost collapsing at work from the heavy blood loss. It was frightening. And that's not even mentioning the time that I had one that was about a month long (yes, I'm being serious).

I've tried seeing doctors about this in the past, but all they ever want to do is give me birth control, which does not solve the problem and is just not something that I'm comfortable with anyways. So I just kind of gave up on going to the doctors, especially since they always do blood tests on me and can never find anything wrong with me in that department.

It's been two months or more since my last period cycle and now I'm curious again about what's happening with my body. I'm wondering if I might possibly have something seriously wrong with me, like PCOS or uterine fibroids. My mom has uterine fibroids, so I think that could be a possibility for me too. :(

Whatever it is, I just really hope that I still have the ability to have children... Please pray for me, everyone. I have an appointment to see my gynecologist at the beginning of next month.

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Period talk below. If that makes you feel grossed out, I'd recommend not reading ahead. But, in any case, I'll do my best not to be unnecessarily graphic.

This has been a problem of mine ever since I've started having periods, but they've always been pretty irregular. I've missed my periods for months at a time (7 months straight, one time), had seperate ones weeks or even days apart, and have ones that can be either very light, normal, or unnaturally heavy. One ended up being so bad recently that I ended up almost collapsing at work from the heavy blood loss. It was frightening. And that's not even mentioning the time that I had one that was about a month long (yes, I'm being serious).

I've tried seeing doctors about this in the past, but all they ever want to do is give me birth control, which does not solve the problem and is just not something that I'm comfortable with anyways. So I just kind of gave up on going to the doctors, especially since they always do blood tests on me and can never find anything wrong with me in that department.

It's been two months or more since my last period cycle and now I'm curious again about what's happening with my body. I'm wondering if I might possibly have something seriously wrong with me, like PCOS or uterine fibroids. My mom has uterine fibroids, so I think that could be a possibility for me too. :(

Whatever it is, I just really hope that I still have the ability to have children... Please pray for me, everyone. I have an appointment to see my gynecologist at the beginning of next month.
Look into a disease called endometriosis. I will pray that God will give you the wisdom and peace to trust Him.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

Prayers.

I also advise you start in with natural family planning, particularly one that uses the 'symptothermal' method. That will give you a good idea of what's going on. If you still think there is something odd, do check out NaProTechnology as developed by Dr. Hilgers at Creighton University in Omaha. They will mot put you on birth control pills, which only cover up symptoms anyway.

Upvote 0

EmmaCat

Happy Homemaker!
Site Supporter
May 5, 2016
Rural Western NC
✟327,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Fundament. Christ.
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Please go to a good gynecologist and decribe your symptoms. It could be maybe some issues with your reproductive system. Please get to a good gynecologist and get checked out. Praying for you!!

All good things
Emmy

Upvote 0

ProGoddess

Daughter of My Lord
Jan 15, 2017
Heaven
✟28,753.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

It is common for girls and women in their lifetime to, one way or another, face the similar problem as you do now. I did. During my teenage and early adulthood, when there was no flow, everything seemed fine. But some months when it came, I would have stomach cramp, nausea and vomiting to the point that I was always on sick leave. I even fainted at one point of time.

There can be many causes to the irregularities - heavy or less flow, missed or late periods - that often make us feel panic and worried that something is wrong. There are many things that can cause irregular periods and can happen in different stages of a woman's life. By seeing the gynecologist, he or she would be able to explain to you the causes and treatment that can be rendered to you pertaining to the cause of your issue. Sometimes the cause of irregular periods may not be physiological, but psychological such as stress. Anything can cause us to feel stressed, like having a crisis, traumatizing events (loss of a loved one, grieving, going through surgery, etc), social (family, work, school). Some individuals who have a lower stress tolerance may find themselves having more difficulty in handling stress than others. If this is the case, it would be good to see a counsellor or therapist particularly if there are some unresolved issues in life.

With all above being said, as children of God, we strongly believe that the Lord is always with us in whatever we are facing - good times or bad times - He is with us. In your case, let's pray for His healing power. It is like the woman in the Bible who had the blood issue. I can imagine during Jesus' days, women who were bleeding were considered unclean, and if she were to leave her house and face the public, she would be condemned. But after draining off all her fortune and was still bleeding for the past twelve years and not healed, she took the courage to go out of her door and went to the crowd just because she believed that the Lord Jesus was her answer. With her struggle, she managed to touch the hem of Jesus' garment, and the bleeding stopped. Jesus turned around and told her that her faith had made her whole. Twelve years is a long time for a woman to be bleeding. I believed she must have looked so weak, pale, thin and anemic. For us women, one day of menses has already caused us to vomit and faint, what more about having it for twelve years! Therefore, I encourage you to continue praying. Likewise, I'm praying for the Lord's hand to be upon you. Like the woman in the Bible, have faith in the Lord, He will make you whole.

In Isaiah 53:5,
He was wounded for our transgressions,
He was bruised for our iniquities;
The chastisement for our peace was upon Him,
And by His stripes we are healed.

Meditate on this verse, particularly the one I highlighted in bold. Speak His Word till the Word drops down to your heart. You can speak under your breath and keep meditating on it, and it will one day manifest in your life, and you will be strengthen by His Word.

Take care, and God's blessings be upon you. :amen:

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Please go to a good gynecologist and decribe your symptoms. It could be maybe some issues with your reproductive system. Please get to a good gynecologist and get checked out. Praying for you!!

All good things
Emmy
Lots of mediocre ones will first prescribe birth control. Problem with that is it masks symptoms. Find someone who takes they symptoms seriously. That's why I recommended Dr. Hilgers and company doing NaProTechnology.

Upvote 0

Mydreams

Dec 20, 2017
Delhi
✟242,348.00
Country
India
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Father God, solve the problems related to Searching_for_God's period. Lord touch a d heal her so that, Searching_for_God have a normal, regular and healthy periods. Lord let her not suffer and worry for her leriod. Please bless the medical treatment. Lord bless this prayer.In Jesus loving name, Amen!

Reactions: ProGoddess
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums