Something odd...

geiroffenberg

Sep 4, 2014
✟38,573.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't know about myself...I don't think I'm sensitive to spiritual phenomenons.. I feel those that are usually have the gift to discern(people's emotions,motives,spirits) I don't have that..Im about as intuitive as a log lolololol but Ive always felt this odd presence with me since I was young...its odd. Maybe it's in my head and just caused by anxiety... idk

Remember that spiritual discernment is only given as a gift to immature people, like the coritians who ahd all the gifts but nto one of them was spiritual, as paul said.
LAter in hebrew it is said that a mature spiritual person is someone who has trained their senses to discern both good and evil. (hebrews 5)
This is my opinion in your case, it is not a gift because gifts are more pronounced and they come and go in manifestation. But it is your own spirit that receives discernment and you, like everyone else,can train it to be accurate, which will bring you into greater spiritual maturity. This is not done a lot today because it has been worked against in modern christianity for some time, but thats all over now. People are rediscovering their spiritual nature again big time.
It is not a humble feature to be spiritual immature and ignorant of these things, lol. I dont know why so many christians thinks it, the price has been paid for us to enter the spiritual realm and know about it and actually rule it. ITs time we get on with it lol :D
What you got is the transparancy to admit you sense something, which is a good sign because even that is banned in many circles (have been, maybe its chaniging)

Upvote 0

geiroffenberg

Sep 4, 2014
✟38,573.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What you felt is a real thing. I get that all time even today I still feel them, that's a good 30 years of feeling them. o_O

More prominent when I was a kid, it seemed to be everywhere I go. I sleep, it'll be by the door. When I walk down the street, it will be behind me. If I go take a shower, it'll be standing somewhere.

Now, it is still standing somewhere....
say hello to your angels lol ;)

Upvote 0

Alisa Bea Audiobooks

A follower of Christ since 2016
Jul 29, 2017
Queensland
✟11,020.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hey sister, (Far Side Of The Moon) I know exactly, exactly what you're talking about.. I made a post on here about this called 'Sensing and seeing the spiritual realm'. I've just cut and pasted the post below for you to read. DM if you'd like to talk more about it. You're the first person here (who I've found) who has mentioned anything slightly similar to what I've experienced my whole life, which is pretty exciting :)

Hi everyone,
I'll try to be as concise as possible here. I consider myself to be persuaded by logic, evidence, research, etc. I am born-again, saved around 6 months ago despite my walk seeking God spanning several years prior. (Since being saved I now study a Ba of Theology at uni).

Since around the age of five I've been consciously aware of 'feelings' of presences around me, or lingering in certain places when I enter an area. It was with prayer one day through an almost out of body experience, God revealed to me the two ungodly spiritual entities standing in front of me at the time. From then I knew the feelings of presences throughout my history was confirmed, and that God answers prayers.

At the time I sought help, concerned it was possibly schizophrenia or psychosis, for which doctors prescribed pills my way. Acting reasonably, I agreed to a course of medication. I have since completed the medication and was tapered off them. My experiences with these presences were in no way differed, changed, altered, it remained the same, the medicine just made me quite ill. I later realised through my experiences, research and prayer that it is not a disorder, but the gift of spiritual discernment; an ability to sense, locate, and in most cases, "see" into the spiritual realm. Non-believers stick with me here. You can also research this yourself, keep in mind it can be slightly different for everyone.

Upon speaking with my father and grandmother (my dad's mum), they revealed to me that my grandmother has also had this gift all her life. Myself, my dad and my grandmother also have the gift of speaking in tongues, so these seem to be generational.
My dad then shared a story with me of when I was about four years old, we were outside of our newly-built house and I said, "Dad, who is that man up on the roof?" Dad couldn't see anything and asked me about it. I told him "That man up there, he doesn't look like a nice man.." Dad concluded I was seeing something he couldn't, and a believer himself, realised I could see into the spiritual realm. I didn't remember this moment until tonight in prayer it was revealed to me. I can almost remember what he looked like, and I remember the conversation that day.

The presences throughout my life have been constant. Some with me most of the time, some only found in certain areas as if I unknowingly walk into their domain. Some appear to me in new places but they are somehow linked to, and present to me. When moving through certain rooms or areas, I can feel the shift that I have left one domain (eg a bedroom) with possibly two spirits, and entered a new domain (eg kitchen) with just one, different spirit. They embody different demeanours, different intentions, different 'physical' appearances. I can even tell if one is from a higher echelon.. or if one is possibly present in more than one domain (with other people) at the same time.

At certain points, I "see" out of the corner of my eye, a brief white cloud-like ribbon appears and disappears, or the room feels to get lighter even though it doesn't actually, and it's like the atmosphere is suddenly cleansed, or there is a release of negative spiritual focus on me. It feels as if some kind of protective angel or pure spirit comes around and warns them off. I can then feel their return. It's like they eventually descend again from somewhere else.

It has become so second nature to me now that I can "see" them. I say that in inverted commas as I can't actually see them, but I can feel or sense what they look like, or what they are doing. I can also discern their overall demeanour or intentions. I described it to my dad like this; "Imagine there's a man in a suit and hat standing over at the door, watching you intently. He's not there, but without even glancing at the door, you can mentally "see" him and discern his demeanour. I don't see men in suits, I see things that are not of this world. It is a constant daily experience for me, and has been since (at least) the age of four.

I post this because I'm hoping someone here can fully understand what I've described, through either personal experience, or knowledge of others talking about it. I know I'm not the only one. Since realising all of this, it's like realising I can speak elvish but everyone around me are gnomes. I know to non-believers it sounds crazy.. I know. But unless you've experienced it I guess it would be hard to understand.

Edit: Just a note to update since that post, my relationship with the LORD has grown. I pray to Him several times a day, and also make additional prayers for others. Once I had come to terms with the revelation I mentioned above, it took me some time to feel more comfortable with it, because initially it kind of frightened me. Prayer and deliverance helped. So eventually I prayed for more wisdom about discerning the spirits. About a fortnight later before bed I prayed to receive a dream from God, I didn't ask for anything specific. I received a dream from God that at first didn't make much sense, but as I wrote out the dream, the LORD revealed to me it was a step-by-step guide to understanding how these ungodly spirits work, how they use me and others, their games of deception, their habits, more about my familiar spirits, etc. Also through prayer I understood for me in these circumstances it's best for me to wear a head covering/scarf/hair wrap more often than not, which I do now, especially alone. As soon as I place the covering on I can feel a sense of protection and discernment, like a nod between the LORD and I that we're on the same team and he's got my back, I don't need to be scared (even though sometimes, the spirit of fear still gets to me a bit). I'm still strengthening my management of it all, it's a lot to adjust to. :)

I've used this gift for deliverance to break specific deep-seeded bonds which kept me from God, and I've also used it to heal wounds in my family of a member who I know now, is under deep spiritual oppression. I'm slowly, slowly helping her by getting past the strongholds blinding her, and guiding family (who are believers) to understand her 'issues' are not of her, they're spirits. I can now see when the particular spirits manifest when she rebukes certain things of God, faith, caring for others, patience, humility, etc etc. I can actually witness the spirit rise up and speak to me through her. I also had revealed to me the other day that stream of the family has at least one deep generational curse which I'm working on properly discerning. It's life changing when you can grasp what you actually have the power to do through God's perfect will.

Pray about this as much as you can, you will have what you need to know revealed to you. Only He can tell you completely. Blessings to you. Feel free to DM me anytime about it

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Hey sister, (Far Side Of The Moon) I know exactly, exactly what you're talking about.. I made a post on here about this called 'Sensing and seeing the spiritual realm'. I've just cut and pasted the post below for you to read. DM if you'd like to talk more about it. You're the first person here (who I've found) who has mentioned anything slightly similar to what I've experienced my whole life, which is pretty exciting :)

Hi everyone,
I'll try to be as concise as possible here. I consider myself to be persuaded by logic, evidence, research, etc. I am born-again, saved around 6 months ago despite my walk seeking God spanning several years prior. (Since being saved I now study a Ba of Theology at uni).

Since around the age of five I've been consciously aware of 'feelings' of presences around me, or lingering in certain places when I enter an area. It was with prayer one day through an almost out of body experience, God revealed to me the two ungodly spiritual entities standing in front of me at the time. From then I knew the feelings of presences throughout my history was confirmed, and that God answers prayers.

At the time I sought help, concerned it was possibly schizophrenia or psychosis, for which doctors prescribed pills my way. Acting reasonably, I agreed to a course of medication. I have since completed the medication and was tapered off them. My experiences with these presences were in no way differed, changed, altered, it remained the same, the medicine just made me quite ill. I later realised through my experiences, research and prayer that it is not a disorder, but the gift of spiritual discernment; an ability to sense, locate, and in most cases, "see" into the spiritual realm. Non-believers stick with me here. You can also research this yourself, keep in mind it can be slightly different for everyone.

Upon speaking with my father and grandmother (my dad's mum), they revealed to me that my grandmother has also had this gift all her life. Myself, my dad and my grandmother also have the gift of speaking in tongues, so these seem to be generational.
My dad then shared a story with me of when I was about four years old, we were outside of our newly-built house and I said, "Dad, who is that man up on the roof?" Dad couldn't see anything and asked me about it. I told him "That man up there, he doesn't look like a nice man.." Dad concluded I was seeing something he couldn't, and a believer himself, realised I could see into the spiritual realm. I didn't remember this moment until tonight in prayer it was revealed to me. I can almost remember what he looked like, and I remember the conversation that day.

The presences throughout my life have been constant. Some with me most of the time, some only found in certain areas as if I unknowingly walk into their domain. Some appear to me in new places but they are somehow linked to, and present to me. When moving through certain rooms or areas, I can feel the shift that I have left one domain (eg a bedroom) with possibly two spirits, and entered a new domain (eg kitchen) with just one, different spirit. They embody different demeanours, different intentions, different 'physical' appearances. I can even tell if one is from a higher echelon.. or if one is possibly present in more than one domain (with other people) at the same time.

At certain points, I "see" out of the corner of my eye, a brief white cloud-like ribbon appears and disappears, or the room feels to get lighter even though it doesn't actually, and it's like the atmosphere is suddenly cleansed, or there is a release of negative spiritual focus on me. It feels as if some kind of protective angel or pure spirit comes around and warns them off. I can then feel their return. It's like they eventually descend again from somewhere else.

It has become so second nature to me now that I can "see" them. I say that in inverted commas as I can't actually see them, but I can feel or sense what they look like, or what they are doing. I can also discern their overall demeanour or intentions. I described it to my dad like this; "Imagine there's a man in a suit and hat standing over at the door, watching you intently. He's not there, but without even glancing at the door, you can mentally "see" him and discern his demeanour. I don't see men in suits, I see things that are not of this world. It is a constant daily experience for me, and has been since (at least) the age of four.

I post this because I'm hoping someone here can fully understand what I've described, through either personal experience, or knowledge of others talking about it. I know I'm not the only one. Since realising all of this, it's like realising I can speak elvish but everyone around me are gnomes. I know to non-believers it sounds crazy.. I know. But unless you've experienced it I guess it would be hard to understand.

Edit: Just a note to update since that post, my relationship with the LORD has grown. I pray to Him several times a day, and also make additional prayers for others. Once I had come to terms with the revelation I mentioned above, it took me some time to feel more comfortable with it, because initially it kind of frightened me. Prayer and deliverance helped. So eventually I prayed for more wisdom about discerning the spirits. About a fortnight later before bed I prayed to receive a dream from God, I didn't ask for anything specific. I received a dream from God that at first didn't make much sense, but as I wrote out the dream, the LORD revealed to me it was a step-by-step guide to understanding how these ungodly spirits work, how they use me and others, their games of deception, their habits, more about my familiar spirits, etc. Also through prayer I understood for me in these circumstances it's best for me to wear a head covering/scarf/hair wrap more often than not, which I do now, especially alone. As soon as I place the covering on I can feel a sense of protection and discernment, like a nod between the LORD and I that we're on the same team and he's got my back, I don't need to be scared (even though sometimes, the spirit of fear still gets to me a bit). I'm still strengthening my management of it all, it's a lot to adjust to. :)

I've used this gift for deliverance to break specific deep-seeded bonds which kept me from God, and I've also used it to heal wounds in my family of a member who I know now, is under deep spiritual oppression. I'm slowly, slowly helping her by getting past the strongholds blinding her, and guiding family (who are believers) to understand her 'issues' are not of her, they're spirits. I can now see when the particular spirits manifest when she rebukes certain things of God, faith, caring for others, patience, humility, etc etc. I can actually witness the spirit rise up and speak to me through her. I also had revealed to me the other day that stream of the family has at least one deep generational curse which I'm working on properly discerning. It's life changing when you can grasp what you actually have the power to do through God's perfect will.

Pray about this as much as you can, you will have what you need to know revealed to you. Only He can tell you completely. Blessings to you. Feel free to DM me anytime about it
What a beautiful story...and yes I would love to talk more. For me...sensing and feeling a presence is the only thing I experience... I don't think I feel anything walking into another room...and I definitely don't see anything...

So I don't know... I don't know why I this happens. Like now I'm fine...I don't feel anything..but most times I do..

Upvote 0

DreamerOfTheHeart

I Am What I Am
Jul 11, 2017
Houston
✟39,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Does anyone know about the HSP acronym?(highly sensitive person)

Idk if I am...I don't think I hit enough of the traits but I feel there's this one weird thing about me in particular.. That I hate ...and I don't know what it is...but it drives me crazy...

Like ...it feels lik3 something is always near or around me...especially when in alone...just think..of the presence u feel of someone coming next to you...but no one being there....that's what I feel...and it gets weirder when it feels like something is coming at you bit nothing is there...

Is my brain or body out of wack?

Just wondering if anyone ever experienced the same thing.

I'm sure this isn't a spiritual gift or anything... I just wasn't sure where to place this thread... But I've always felt this since forever... And I'm just wondering if its just me.

I am wary of labels, they are so static, and we are such dynamic creatures.

But, am I hyper sensitive? Yes. Is it good to be hyper sensitive? I think so. Though, to each their own.

It is, however, challenging, as there is usually a lot of noise you have to filter out.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I am wary of labels, they are so static, and we are such dynamic creatures.

But, am I hyper sensitive? Yes. Is it good to be hyper sensitive? I think so. Though, to each their own.

It is, however, challenging, as there is usually a lot of noise you have to filter out.
I'm just trying to figure out what it is is all.
Maybe its just me I think.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
May 28, 2014
Greeneville
Visit site
✟44,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You are not alone. I feel presences around me all the time, I just cannot tell whether they are good and bad spirits. I did feel a spirit pass in front of me once and make me deaf, I knew what I was experiencing was supernatural. But I assumed it was a demon because I don't supposed angels would make someone go deaf for a few minutes.

Upvote 0

joshcorn

Oct 27, 2017
Dartmouth Nova Scotia
✟14,533.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I only talk about things I have experienced and have gained knowledge and a good measure of understanding in.

I need to known what you feel when it is there. I recognize the presence when my angle is in the room. When the presence of God enters the room or a few other spirits in Gods realm.
I also know when the presence of the demonic realm is around.
There are family line demonic spirits that my hang around you. Now don't say the blood of Jesus takes care of that. I takes care of your sins. Look at it this way. The bible says you are the house of God. Lets say you see this house that has a lot of potential but right now it is a mess inside and outside .The previous owner we pigs. It is the same for us. The Blood of Jesus gives Him buying and township rights,but the bugs left a mess that you and The Lord work together to clean up. They do not like to give up ownership and living so they hide some where in the house. Its fun going with Jesus Ghost hunt hunting. Ghost hunting that is what unbelievers call them.
Most times in this day and age they where there when you moved in. The haunted house thing,been there. I known how to evict them and pray over then house after and keep them out. They can be on objects or book you have or past occult involvements. That's enough of that for now.

Upvote 0
May 28, 2014
Greeneville
Visit site
✟44,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I am experiencing the same exact thing that she is. I feel it every single day now. I always feel something with me going everywhere I go. I have even heard it speaking and talking, which had led me to conclude that it is a spirit entity of some sort since I can't see it with my own two eyes (spirits are invisible). I am hoping that it is just my guardian angels and not demons. It started happening when I started to actually believe in Jesus, so I am hoping that they are good spirits and not bad spirits trying to fight against my faith and hurt me. You can always pray for me.

I have had visions too. Lots and lots of visions of GOD sitting upon His throne, which has further led me to believe that GOD is trying to communicate with me. He even talked to me. He said, "Pay attention to me when I am talking to you, Jacqueline." Because my mind has the ability to wander.

Do you want to know what that spirit entity said? I was doing the laundry one night and I felt a presence around me and I heard a voice and it said, "She's still awake, LORD!" :eek: LOL! It said it as audibly as if a human were talking to me. I was so amazed that I could actually hear it talking! So I am hoping that the entity that is with me is an angel and not a demon.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I am experiencing the same exact thing that she is. I feel it every single day now. I always feel something with me going everywhere I go. I have even heard it speaking and talking, which had led me to conclude that it is a spirit entity of some sort since I can't see it with my own two eyes (spirits are invisible). I am hoping that it is just my guardian angels and not demons. It started happening when I started to actually believe in Jesus, so I am hoping that they are good spirits and not bad spirits trying to fight against my faith and hurt me. You can always pray for me.

I have had visions too. Lots and lots of visions of GOD sitting upon His throne, which has further led me to believe that GOD is trying to communicate with me. He even talked to me. He said, "Pay attention to me when I am talking to you, Jacqueline." Because my mind has the ability to wander.

Do you want to know what that spirit entity said? I was doing the laundry one night and I felt a presence around me and I heard a voice and it said, "She's still awake, LORD!" :eek: LOL! It said it as audibly as if a human were talking to me. I was so amazed that I could actually hear it talking! So I am hoping that the entity that is with me is an angel and not a demon.
Interesting...I dont hear or see anything but I feel a presence though...at least you know yours are angels... I have no idea whats around me lololol

Upvote 0