Someone help me: as a Creationist, I have God; as a would be Evolutionist, I have what?

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,641.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 Corinthians is also Gods word:
1 Corinthians 15:55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? 56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

And it says Jesus has defeated death for us. So no question about it.

of course it's God's word, this is us now, but the Bible also talks about the future. The second coming of Christ, the dead in Christ will rise first, the 1000 year reign and the New Heavens and New World.

Reactions: Jamdoc
Upvote 0

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
I think the thing for me (and I have been reading here and there), is that a God that uses Evolution, is a God that does less Himself.

Why would I want less than God's best now? When I can have God now and His best from now until later?

I contend God's best is part of what He gives us as humans, anyway (for now and later, both).

Jesus told the parable of the prodigal son: the moral was you can have all you are due upfront, but once you've wasted it and have nothing, you basically have to come crawling back to God - there will never be a time when God will not let you have what you want, as long as it is fundamentally good.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟206,488.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I think the thing for me (and I have been reading here and there), is that a God that uses Evolution, is a God that does less Himself.

Why would I want less than God's best now? When I can have God now and His best from now until later?

I contend God's best is part of what He gives us as humans, anyway (for now and later, both).

Jesus told the parable of the prodigal son: the moral was you can have all you are due upfront, but once you've wasted it and have nothing, you basically have to come crawling back to God - there will never be a time when God will not let you have what you want, as long as it is fundamentally good.

Uh, no, it's not a God that does less in the slightest, it's actually a God that does more. Speaking is effortless, working on something deliberately takes effort and care. It's a more farsighted God, seeing things in long term with infinite wisdom, rather than a short term instant impulse. Like I pointed out earlier. You were not hand shaped by God. You were born by a biological process that started with your parents having sex.
Does that mean God didn't create you? Not at all. Who created those biological processes in the first place, who designed them?
In Genesis 2:21-22, God describes performing anasthesia, surgery, taking out a bone that is one of your major sources of active bone marrow in an adult, the bones that produce all your new blood cells, laden with stem cells, a good source to grow another person from, and he grew her from those stem cells. He didn't speak her into being from nothing, is that a God that does less?
God's Word was not inately in our minds memorized from the day we were born, it was written down by men inspired by the Holy Spirit, and we have to read it, is that a God that does less?
God let man sin, corrupt his entire very good creation, sent down His only begotten Son to redeem sinners, allows Satan to run wild until He comes down, takes away His elect, and then throws Satan and the antichrist into the bottomless pit, then He rules the world for 1000 years, LETS SATAN BACK OUT ONE LAST TIME, then finally destroys him, destroys the entire planet (maybe the entire universe, but the planet for sure), then remakes it, finally perfect and free of sin.
Is that a God that does less? Why isn't creation perfect NOW? We don't have God's best now, we are promised we will have God's best in His time.
We are talking about an eternal being a being outside of time. Instants, thousands of years, inconsequential in the long run. It's a being that could have poofed Moses and all the Israelites out of Egypt put them straight in the promised land and purged all the Canaanites in the blink of an eye. But He didn't. They walked and wandered in the wilderness. God could have spoken everything into being out of nothing. Some things He did, some things He did not. We don't know why He chose to make different things in different ways, we can ask Him face to face someday, isn't that part of the promise?

Upvote 0

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Yes, but Evolution says "you can change later" regardless of what God is prepared to do: doesn't it?

The Law says "you must give account of what you change into" - if God is going to free men, then He must give the Law a wide berth (lest by invoking the law He condemn men, who are not able to understand their sentence under the Law).

That's really the undoing of sense, right there - you are saying God has to do what He does, without thanks or even hope of it (that is, even more than He has already done). The more of it, being waste, which if men saw they would die in their sin - being so great a Creation, that they were completely condemned.

When I think of asking "God" for Evolution, in my head I am just laughing?

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yes, but Evolution says "you can change later" regardless of what God is prepared to do: doesn't it?

Not unless you suppose God is not the Creator.

The Law says "you must give account of what you change into" - if God is going to free men, then He must give the Law a wide berth (lest by invoking the law He condemn men, who are not able to understand their sentence under the Law).

"Know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Upvote 0

MrsFoundit

Dec 5, 2019
South
✟40,776.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Some people may prefer that quote whole, and accurate, so for their sake,

John 8:31-32 So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed him, “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

• Winner
Reactions: BroRoyVa79
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MrsFoundit

Dec 5, 2019
South
✟40,776.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You have God either way.

As a theistic evolutionist, yes, God is right there in the theistic. Only when there is not a space between the "a" and the "theistic" you do have no God.:scratch:

Last edited:
Upvote 0