Some things that don’t sound right . . . but then again!

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
  • Our daughter returned back home to Melbourne Australia yesterday from her vacation in Brasil where she gave us a beautiful looking calendar that was printed in Brasil. I mentioned to my wife that it is a shame that it will always be 14 hours out of date.
  • When we travelled to the USA three years back, they told us that the plane (and us) would take 14 hours to arrive at LAX. We left about 10am and when we arrived I checked my watch and to my annoyance, my watch said that it was only 8.30am. So when we arrived back home I took my watch back to get it fixed where I complained that the watch seemed to have gone backwards for an hour and a half; to prove my point, I said how could we leave Melbourne and arrive in LAX 90 minutes before we left!
  • If the watch issue wasn’t annoying enough, when I asked the airline hostess for the time when we arrived back in Melbourne, she oddly told me that we had lost a day on the return trip – no matter how hard I’ve tried, I still can’t figure out how the airline lost so much time
  • By the way, I have discovered that there is little value with trying to put a lost and damaged claim in with the Airline to recover the time that their airline lost, though strangely enough, I did notice that the airline staff that I spoke to were always smiling . . . what a friendly bunch!

Reactions: JackRT

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
  • Our daughter returned back home to Melbourne Australia yesterday from her vacation in Brasil where she gave us a beautiful looking calendar that was printed in Brasil. I mentioned to my wife that it is a shame that it will always be 14 hours out of date.
  • When we travelled to the USA three years back, they told us that the plane (and us) would take 14 hours to arrive at LAX. We left about 10am and when we arrived I checked my watch and to my annoyance, my watch said that it was only 8.30am. So when we arrived back home I took my watch back to get it fixed where I complained that the watch seemed to have gone backwards for an hour and a half; to prove my point, I said how could we leave Melbourne and arrive in LAX 90 minutes before we left!
  • If the watch issue wasn’t annoying enough, when I asked the airline hostess for the time when we arrived back in Melbourne, she oddly told me that we had lost a day on the return trip – no matter how hard I’ve tried, I still can’t figure out how the airline lost so much time
  • By the way, I have discovered that there is little value with trying to put a lost and damaged claim in with the Airline to recover the time that their airline lost, though strangely enough, I did notice that the airline staff that I spoke to were always smiling . . . what a friendly bunch!
In 1752, when the United Kingdom and North America switched from the Julian calendar to the Gregorian calendar, by Parliamentary decree, the day immediately after September 2nd was September 14th and 11 days were skipped. (There were even riots because people thought 11 days had been taken off their lives and it was a campaign issue in the British election of 1755.)

Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
In 1752, when the United Kingdom and North America switched from the Julian calendar to the Gregorian calendar, by Parliamentary decree, the day immediately after September 2nd was September 14th and 11 days were skipped. (There were even riots because people thought 11 days had been taken off their lives and it was a campaign issue in the British election of 1755.)
Yes . . . yes indeed . . . I had heard about that; it was a shame that the Americans got so confused over this that they decided to start a Civil War (oops . . . their Revolutionary War).

Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
When we travelled to the USA three years back, they told us that the plane (and us) would take 14 hours to arrive at LAX. We left about 10am and when we arrived I checked my watch and to my annoyance, my watch said that it was only 8.30am. So when we arrived back home I took my watch back to get it fixed where I complained that the watch seemed to have gone backwards for an hour and a half; to prove my point, I said how could we leave Melbourne and arrive in LAX 90 minutes before we left!
Oh . . . I forgot to mention that when I found out that the plane we were about to travel on was one of those 'stretched' aircraft, I asked the booking agent if we could get a seat closer to the front of the plane so that we could arrive a bit earlier at LAX; my wife still won't tell me why she said to the agent, "In that case, can I please get a seat at the back of the plane!"

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Oh . . . I forgot to mention that when I found out that the plane we were about to travel on was one of those 'stretched' aircraft, I asked the booking agent if we could get a seat closer to the front of the plane so that we could arrive a bit earlier at LAX; my wife still won't tell me why she said to the agent, "In that case, can I please get a seat at the back of the plane!"

You have such a silly wife! The astronauts must be aging extremely rapidly what with 16 sunrises and sunsets in 24 hours.

Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You have such a silly wife! The astronauts must be aging extremely rapidly what with 16 sunrises and sunsets in 24 hours.
It seems that they have figured out a solution to this dilemna; on every 8th rotation they simply turn the craft around and go back the other way, this way the don't seem to age at all!

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
It seems that they have figured out a solution to this dilemna; on every 8th rotation they simply turn the craft around and go back the other way, this way the don't seem to age at all!

Sure plays hell with your bowel movements!

Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Sure plays hell with your bowl movements!
Not so sure how they can play a game of bowls on a space craft as they would never be able to get the ball to stop near the target ball at the other end!

Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
As you can probably tell, I am having one of those quiet days (summer holidays in this part of the world). Last night about 6PM it was 42c (107F) and today at midday it is 18c (64F) and raining which means that I can escape from the garden for awhile.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums