Midwest
✟79,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Growing up we seldom did anything with my mother besides watching a movie or Andy Williams and shopping. So I still enjoy shopping but my daughter hates it and won't take me. Well, because we both had lost keys, she asked if she could take me to get keys. It wasn't much of a trip but it was a change. I ended up buying a new doorknob, too. We each bought some Cheetos, too.

Isn't that silly?

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Growing up we seldom did anything with my mother besides watching a movie or Andy Williams and shopping. So I still enjoy shopping but my daughter hates it and won't take me. Well, because we both had lost keys, she asked if she could take me to get keys. It wasn't much of a trip but it was a change. I ended up buying a new doorknob, too. We each bought some Cheetos, too.

Isn't that silly?
HI Rescued One! I think that sounds wonderful!. Now all you got to do is lose a key; and swipe one of her's; once a week; and you have your once a week outing with your daughter! Lol I hope you like Cheetos! ^_^

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
HI Rescued One! I think that sounds wonderful!. Now all you got to do is lose a key; and swipe one of her's; once a week; and you have your once a week outing with your daughter! Lol I hope you like Cheetos! ^_^
I could lose ten keys and she'd say, "Too bad!" But she was in town and needed my front door key to make a copy for her lost key so she can get in if I'm dead. :eek:

• Prayers
Reactions: mnorian
Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟792,924.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced

Isn't that silly?
No, I think it sounds lovely. :)

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I'm probably from another planet. I don't know what people are interested in and am not very good at making conversation. I enjoy Christian apologetics a lot but that can alienate people,

My great-grandson turned 12 and no one invited me to his party or told me if he had one. His youngest of three sisters will turn two this month. I have a new toy for her. I wanted to get a card for her. I only found one online that is blank inside so I'll rubber stamp a Teddy bear and verse inside.

godisagardener and I like talking about gardening. I used to garden a lot, but I'm too old now. However, if I can find 'Little Ruby' alternanthera dentata, I have a couple of big pots I can plant those in. They won't attract wasps.

Reactions: rebornfree
Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
We have soooo many birthdays in March & April in my family! Whew!

I'm going to be busy, busy, busy! I won't be online much. I've started making birthday and other cards again --- really enjoying it.

Be blessed, folks. Have good weather and a blessed Easter! Happy Spring!

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟581,496.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We have soooo many birthdays in March & April in my family! Whew!

I'm going to be busy, busy, busy! I won't be online much. I've started making birthday and other cards again --- really enjoying it.

Be blessed, folks. Have good weather and a blessed Easter! Happy Spring!
Don't forget me, my birthday is 11 days from now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟415,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not me so sad yesterday. But today life, the Lord is providing the means to joy every day. I alienated all the unsaved people in my family. No unsaved friends at the dinner. Truth is not in demand. Maybe my brand of truth??

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟792,924.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
Not me so sad yesterday. But today life, the Lord is providing the means to joy every day. I alienated all the unsaved people in my family. No unsaved friends at the dinner. Truth is not in demand. Maybe my brand of truth??
That is sad that your unsaved family are alienated. We have to stick to the truth of the gospel, but to tell it with love and compassion imo. I think we start where people are and take it from there. I've alienated someone by being too harsh in what I said but others, where I've shown concern about their situation and prayed for them, are responding better. There are others though who just haven't wanted the gospel.

Upvote 0