Miles City
✟2,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Some questions for Islamicists and Muslims.

The first question, involves the name of God as found in the TaNaKh (aka OT), which is JEHOVAH Elohiym.

JEHOVAH is the name of God in the OT and NT.

Elohiym is true plural (3) in Hebrew.

'allah' is always singular, never plural in Arabic.

Muhammad never once made mention of the true name of God, as he never knew JEHOVAH elohiym.

Is "allah" the name of the God of scripture (KJB)? Is "allah" the same as the God of scripture (KJB)? What does "allah" mean, and is it different than "ilah"? Is "allah" singular, and is Elohiym plural? Is "allah" a proper translation in Arabic "bibles" of "Elohiym"? Who translated these "bibles"? Are Rome or Jesuits behind any of it? Is "allah" a father to anyone? What does "la ilaha illa llah" mean?

As found in scripture (OT):

Exo_6:3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

Exo 6:3 וארא אל־אברהם אל־יצחק ואל־יעקב באל שׁדי ושׁמי יהוה לא נודעתי להם׃​

'allah' is also a 'name', not a title. It is even listed as such in the Yusuf-Ali edition, as the primary of the '99'.

"... The Names of God (Asma al-Husna):

ALLAH - (The Name Of God) ..." - Yusuf-Ali commentary edition of qur'an, page 3.

In Surah al-Fatihah 1:1, says

"... بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ ..."

"... In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful..."​

The direct translation is even given here - al-Fatihah 1:1

In Surah al-Baqara 2:114, it says:

"...وَمَنْ أَظْلَمُ مِمَّن مَّنَعَ مَسَاجِدَ اللَّهِ أَن يُذْكَرَ فِيهَا اسْمُهُ وَسَعَىٰ فِي خَرَابِهَا أُولَٰئِكَ مَا كَانَ لَهُمْ أَن يَدْخُلُوهَا إِلَّا خَائِفِينَ لَهُمْ فِي الدُّنْيَا خِزْيٌ وَلَهُمْ فِي الْآخِرَةِ عَذَابٌ عَظِيمٌ ..."

".,.. 114. And who is more unjust than he who forbids(117)
that in places for the worship of Allah, Allah.s name
should be celebrated?-whose zeal is (in fact) to ruin
them? It was not fitting that such should themselves
enter them except in fear. For them there is nothing
but disgrace in this world, and in the world to come,
an exceeding torment. ..."​

Again, the word for word translation - al-Baqarah 2:114

It is even directly translated as such into other languages, such as Spanish & Italian:

"... Su nombre en las mezquitas de Alá ..." - al-Baqarah 2:114

"... di Allah si menzioni il Suo nome ..." - al-Baqarah 2:114

In Surah al-Alaq 96:1, we read:

"... 1. Proclaim! (or Read!)(6203) in the name(6204) of thy
Lord and Cherisher, Who created- ..."​

Notation 6204 says, "... 6204 The declaration or proclamation was to be in the name of Allah..."​

In Sahih al-Bukhari, we read:

"... Volume 1, Book 4, Number 143:

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

The Prophet said, "If anyone of you on having sexual relations with his wife said (and he must say it before starting) 'In the name of Allah. O Allah! Protect us from Satan and also protect what you bestow upon us (i.e. the coming offspring) from Satan, and if it is destined that they should have a child then, Satan will never be able to harm that offspring." ..."​

"... Volume 1, Book 12, Number 805:

Narrated Warrad:

(the clerk of Al-Mughira bin Shu'ba) Once Al-Mughira dictated to me in a letter addressed to Mu'awiya that the Prophet used to say after every compulsory prayer, "La ilaha ilallah wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa-lahul-hamdu, wahuwa ala kulli shai in qadir. Allahumma la mani 'a lima a'taita, wa la mu'tiya lima mana'ta, wa la yanfa'u dhal-jaddi minka-l-jadd. (None has the right to be worshipped but Allah and He has no partner in Lordship or in worship or in the Names and the Qualities, and for Him is the Kingdom and all the praises are for Him and He is omnipotent. O Allah! Nobody can hold back what you give and nobody can give what You hold back. Hard (efforts by anyone for anything cannot benefit one against Your Will)." And Al-Hasan said, "Al-jadd' means prosperity."..."​

"... Volume 2, Book 15, Number 101:

Narrated Jundab:

On the day of Nahr the Prophet offered the prayer and delivered the Khutba and then slaughtered the sacrifice and said, "Anybody who slaughtered (his sacrifice) before the prayer should slaughter another animal in lieu of it, and the one who has not yet slaughtered should slaughter the sacrifice mentioning Allah's name on it." ..."​

Genesis 1:1 says:

Gen 1:1 בראשׁית ברא אלהים את השׁמים ואת הארץ׃​

אלהים is Elohiym (true plural, it is not in the singular or dual plural form)

Genesis 2:4 says:

Gen 2:4 אלה תולדות השׁמים והארץ בהבראם ביום עשׂות יהוה אלהים ארץ ושׁמים׃​

יהוה is JEHOVAH

The word used is not "El", nor "Eloah".

Some of the Islamic names used today, such as Uriah (أُورِيَّا), literally mean in Hebrew:

"... Uriah or Urijah = “Jehovah (Yahweh) is my light (flame)” ..." - Brown-Driver-Briggs Lexicon.

"... From H217 and H3050; flame of Jah [JEHOVAH]; ..." - Strong's Concordance
The name יהוה (JEHOVAH) has been used by Hebrew/Jews, Non-Jews (like Moses' wife Zipporah) and Christians (Jew/Gentile) since the time of Moses in many lands, including Arabia (Paul was in Arabia, and Jesus name (which means JEHOVAH is (my) salvation) was carried into Arabia).

Why then did Muhammad not once utter this name (JEHOVAH), and why did he always refer to his "God" as "Allah" (singular), when scripture in thousands of places gives the true plural (Elohiym)?

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Some questions for Islamicists and Muslims.

The first question, involves the name of God as found in the TaNaKh (aka OT), which is JEHOVAH Elohiym.

JEHOVAH is the name of God in the OT and NT.

Elohiym is true plural (3) in Hebrew.

'allah' is always singular, never plural in Arabic.

Muhammad never once made mention of the true name of God, as he never knew JEHOVAH elohiym.

Is "allah" the name of the God of scripture (KJB)? Is "allah" the same as the God of scripture (KJB)? What does "allah" mean, and is it different than "ilah"? Is "allah" singular, and is Elohiym plural? Is "allah" a proper translation in Arabic "bibles" of "Elohiym"? Who translated these "bibles"? Are Rome or Jesuits behind any of it? Is "allah" a father to anyone? What does "la ilaha illa llah" mean?

As found in scripture (OT):

Exo_6:3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

Exo 6:3 וארא אל־אברהם אל־יצחק ואל־יעקב באל שׁדי ושׁמי יהוה לא נודעתי להם׃​

'allah' is also a 'name', not a title. It is even listed as such in the Yusuf-Ali edition, as the primary of the '99'.

"... The Names of God (Asma al-Husna):

ALLAH - (The Name Of God) ..." - Yusuf-Ali commentary edition of qur'an, page 3.

In Surah al-Fatihah 1:1, says

"... بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ ..."

"... In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful..."​

The direct translation is even given here - al-Fatihah 1:1

In Surah al-Baqara 2:114, it says:

"...وَمَنْ أَظْلَمُ مِمَّن مَّنَعَ مَسَاجِدَ اللَّهِ أَن يُذْكَرَ فِيهَا اسْمُهُ وَسَعَىٰ فِي خَرَابِهَا أُولَٰئِكَ مَا كَانَ لَهُمْ أَن يَدْخُلُوهَا إِلَّا خَائِفِينَ لَهُمْ فِي الدُّنْيَا خِزْيٌ وَلَهُمْ فِي الْآخِرَةِ عَذَابٌ عَظِيمٌ ..."

".,.. 114. And who is more unjust than he who forbids(117)
that in places for the worship of Allah, Allah.s name
should be celebrated?-whose zeal is (in fact) to ruin
them? It was not fitting that such should themselves
enter them except in fear. For them there is nothing
but disgrace in this world, and in the world to come,
an exceeding torment. ..."​

Again, the word for word translation - al-Baqarah 2:114

It is even directly translated as such into other languages, such as Spanish & Italian:

"... Su nombre en las mezquitas de Alá ..." - al-Baqarah 2:114

"... di Allah si menzioni il Suo nome ..." - al-Baqarah 2:114

In Surah al-Alaq 96:1, we read:

"... 1. Proclaim! (or Read!)(6203) in the name(6204) of thy
Lord and Cherisher, Who created- ..."​

Notation 6204 says, "... 6204 The declaration or proclamation was to be in the name of Allah..."​

In Sahih al-Bukhari, we read:

"... Volume 1, Book 4, Number 143:

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

The Prophet said, "If anyone of you on having sexual relations with his wife said (and he must say it before starting) 'In the name of Allah. O Allah! Protect us from Satan and also protect what you bestow upon us (i.e. the coming offspring) from Satan, and if it is destined that they should have a child then, Satan will never be able to harm that offspring." ..."​

"... Volume 1, Book 12, Number 805:

Narrated Warrad:

(the clerk of Al-Mughira bin Shu'ba) Once Al-Mughira dictated to me in a letter addressed to Mu'awiya that the Prophet used to say after every compulsory prayer, "La ilaha ilallah wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa-lahul-hamdu, wahuwa ala kulli shai in qadir. Allahumma la mani 'a lima a'taita, wa la mu'tiya lima mana'ta, wa la yanfa'u dhal-jaddi minka-l-jadd. (None has the right to be worshipped but Allah and He has no partner in Lordship or in worship or in the Names and the Qualities, and for Him is the Kingdom and all the praises are for Him and He is omnipotent. O Allah! Nobody can hold back what you give and nobody can give what You hold back. Hard (efforts by anyone for anything cannot benefit one against Your Will)." And Al-Hasan said, "Al-jadd' means prosperity."..."​

"... Volume 2, Book 15, Number 101:

Narrated Jundab:

On the day of Nahr the Prophet offered the prayer and delivered the Khutba and then slaughtered the sacrifice and said, "Anybody who slaughtered (his sacrifice) before the prayer should slaughter another animal in lieu of it, and the one who has not yet slaughtered should slaughter the sacrifice mentioning Allah's name on it." ..."​

Genesis 1:1 says:

Gen 1:1 בראשׁית ברא אלהים את השׁמים ואת הארץ׃​

Genesis 2:4 says:

Gen 2:4 אלה תולדות השׁמים והארץ בהבראם ביום עשׂות יהוה אלהים ארץ ושׁמים׃​

יהוה is JEHOVAH

The word used is not "El", nor "Eloah".

Some of the Islamic names used today, such as Uriah (أُورِيَّا), literally mean in Hebrew:

"... Uriah or Urijah = “Jehovah (Yahweh) is my light (flame)” ..." - Brown-Driver-Briggs Lexicon.

"... From H217 and H3050; flame of Jah [JEHOVAH]; ..." - Strong's Concordance
The name יהוה (JEHOVAH) has been used by Hebrew/Jews, Non-Jews (like Moses' wife Zipporah) and Christians (Jew/Gentile) since the time of Moses in many lands, including Arabia (Paul was in Arabia, and Jesus name (which means JEHOVAH is (my) salvation) was carried into Arabia).

Why then did Muhammad not once utter this name (JEHOVAH), and why did he always refer to his "God" as "Allah" (singular), when scripture in thousands of places gives the true plural (Elohiym)?

"Allah" means literally "the God". It is the same title used by Arabic speaking Christians.

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Actually that is an assumption, that doesn't hold the weight of linguistics.

It is used by Arabic speaking Christians as well as Jews.

And while we're at it, the proper name of God is not "Jehovah". That's something someone made up. There is no letter "J" in Hebrew, Neither is there the sound the letter J makes.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,904.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
And while we're at it, the proper name of God is not "Jehovah". That's something someone made up. There is no letter "J" in Hebrew, Neither is there the sound the letter J makes.

I was going to mention that. You beat me to it.

Reactions: JosephZ
Upvote 0

summerville

Feb 22, 2020
Atlanta
✟11,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single

Very true......

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,099,904.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Actually that is an assumption, that doesn't hold the weight of linguistics.

Shalom Brother,

So far, the debate is between fellow Christians. This thread is not getting off to a good start. There are plenty of legitimate flaws with Islam. I would suggest that you have Mods close this thread; and come back when you are better prepared to debate from a more enlightened position.

Remember, debates are often won, not on truth, but rather on who is the better debater. A knowledgeable Muslim will reinforce the beliefs of less knowledgeable Muslims; if he wins a debate with a Christian, who presents a weak argument.

Upvote 0

Within Reason

Feb 21, 2020
Miles City
✟2,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

And while we're at it, the proper name of God is not "Jehovah". That's something someone made up. There is no letter "J" in Hebrew ...
Non-sequitur. Also the letter "J" is in English, which is what the name "JEHOVAH" is, an English translation. John Gill, among others demonstrated it as the true name long ago with many proofs, and you can see some of it here.

Now back to the OP please.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Within Reason

Feb 21, 2020
Miles City
✟2,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Allah is God in Arabic. The guy in the video is on a propaganda mission.
I saw his evidence in the video. I did not see any evidence in your response. What I see there is what you are accusing the person in the video of. So, in order to demonstrate that to not be the case, please produce the stronger contrary evidence.

Allah is a name as demonstrated from Muslim sources (as given above), to which no one has even bothered to reply to as of yet. "Allah" does not mean "God", as that is the word "ilah" in Arabic.

Reactions: GaveMeJoy
Upvote 0

Within Reason

Feb 21, 2020
Miles City
✟2,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Elohim and the Majestic Plural

Elohim and the Majestic Plural
John 1:1, citing Genesis 1, shows that there is no such thing as the 'Majestic plural" in Hebrew. John refers specifically to two of the three persons/beings in John 1:1, as he cited Genesis 1.

God said = Father, speaking to the Son

God made/created = Son, in response to the will of the Father (Colossians 1:16; Hebrews 1:2; etc)

Thus In the beginning was the Word (Son), and the Word (Son) was with God (the Father), and the Word was God (by very nature, Deity).

God saw/moved = the Holy Ghost/Spirit which is the eternal witness of the Father and the Son.

The whole 'majestic plurality' is demonstrably false, just from the following verses:

Gen 17:1 And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.

Gen 19:24 Then the LORD rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven;​

Exo 3:4 And when the LORD saw that he turned aside to see, God called unto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he said, Here am I.

Hos 1:4 And the LORD said unto him, Call his name Jezreel; for yet a little while, and I will avenge the blood of Jezreel upon the house of Jehu, and will cause to cease the kingdom of the house of Israel.
Hos 1:5 And it shall come to pass at that day, that I will break the bow of Israel in the valley of Jezreel.
Hos 1:6 And she conceived again, and bare a daughter. And God said unto him, Call her name Loruhamah: for I will no more have mercy upon the house of Israel; but I will utterly take them away.
Hos 1:7 But I will have mercy upon the house of Judah, and will save them by the LORD their God, and will not save them by bow, nor by sword, nor by battle, by horses, nor by horsemen.

Zec 3:2 And the LORD said unto Satan, The LORD rebuke thee, O Satan; even the LORD that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire?​

Let's look at Hosea 1:4-7,

Hosea 1:4 KJB - And the LORD said unto him, Call his name Jezreel; for yet a little while, and I will avenge the blood of Jezreel upon the house of Jehu, and will cause to cease the kingdom of the house of Israel.

Hosea 1:5 KJB - And it shall come to pass at that day, that I will break the bow of Israel in the valley of Jezreel.

Hosea 1:6 KJB - And she conceived again, and bare a daughter. And God said unto him, Call her name Loruhamah: for I will no more have mercy upon the house of Israel; but I will utterly take them away.

Hosea 1:7 KJB - But I will have mercy upon the house of Judah, and will save them by the LORD their God, and will not save them by bow, nor by sword, nor by battle, by horses, nor by horsemen.​

I will even cite them from the NWT for the WTS, Jehovah Witnesses reading:

Hosea 1:4-7 NWT - 4 Then Jehovah said to him: “Name him Jezʹre·el,* for in a little while I will hold an accounting against the house of Jeʹhui for the acts of bloodshed of Jezʹre·el, and I will put an end to the royal rule of the house of Israel.j 5 In that day I will break the bow of Israel in the Valley* of Jezʹre·el.” 6 She conceived again and gave birth to a daughter. And He told him: “Name her Lo-ru·haʹmah,* for I will no longer show mercyk to the house of Israel, because I will certainly drive them away.l 7 But I will show mercy to the house of Judah,m and I will save them by Jehovah their God;n I will not save them by bow or by sword or by war or by horses or by horsemen.”o - [NWT]​

Sidenote: In the NWT reference 'bible', in vs 6, "He" "He - Jehovah."

The Hebrew OT:

Hosea 1:4 HOT - ויאמר יהוה אליו קרא שׁמו יזרעאל כי־עוד מעט ופקדתי את־דמי יזרעאל על־בית יהוא והשׁבתי ממלכות בית ישׂראל׃

Hosea 1:5 HOT - והיה ביום ההוא ושׁברתי את־קשׁת ישׂראל בעמק יזרעאל׃

Hosea 1:6 HOT - ותהר עוד ותלד בת ויאמר לו קרא שׁמה לא רחמה כי לא אוסיף עוד ארחם את־בית ישׂראל כי־נשׂא אשׂא להם׃

Hosea 1:7 HOT - ואת־בית יהודה ארחם והושׁעתים ביהוה אלהיהם ולא אושׁיעם בקשׁת ובחרב ובמלחמה בסוסים ובפרשׁים׃​

The Hebrew OT Translit.:

Hosea 1:4 HOT Translit. - waYomer y'hwäh ëläyw q'rä sh'mô yiz'r'el Kiy-ôd m'a† ûfäqad'Tiy et-D'mëy yiz'r'el al-Bëyt yëhû w'hish'BaTiy mam'l'khût Bëyt yis'räël

Hosea 1:5 HOT Translit. - w'häyäh BaYôm hahû w'shävar'Tiy et-qeshet yis'räël B'ëmeq yiz'r'el

Hosea 1:6 HOT Translit. - waTahar ôd waTëled Bat waYomer lô q'rä sh'mäH lo ruchämäh Kiy lo ôšiyf ôd árachëm et-Bëyt yis'räël Kiy-näso eSä lähem

Hosea 1:7 HOT Translit. - w'et-Bëyt y'hûdäh árachëm w'hôsha'Tiym Bayhwäh élohëyhem w'lo ôshiyëm B'qeshet ûv'cherev ûv'mil'chämäh B'šûšiym ûv'färäshiym​

Septuaginta [*so-called] -

Hosea 1:4 LXX* - καὶ εἶπεν κύριος πρὸς αὐτόν Κάλεσον τὸ ὄνομα αὐτοῦ Ιεζραελ, διότι ἔτι μικρὸν καὶ ἐκδικήσω τὸ αἷμα τοῦ Ιεζραελ ἐπὶ τὸν οἶκον Ιου καὶ καταπαύσω βασιλείαν οἴκου Ισραηλ·

Hosea 1:5 LXX* - ἔσται ἐν τῇ ἡμέρᾳ ἐκείνῃ συντρίψω τὸ τόξον τοῦ Ισραηλ ἐν τῇ κοιλάδι τοῦ Ιεζραελ. --

Hosea 1:6 LXX* - καὶ συνέλαβεν ἔτι καὶ ἔτεκεν θυγατέρα. καὶ εἶπεν αὐτῷ Κάλεσον τὸ ὄνομα αὐτῆς Οὐκ--ἠλεημένη, διότι οὐ μὴ προσθήσω ἔτι ἐλεῆσαι τὸν οἶκον τοῦ Ισραηλ, ἀλλ᾿ ἢ ἀντιτασσόμενος ἀντιτάξομαι αὐτοῖς.

Hosea 1:7 LXX* - τοὺς δὲ υἱοὺς Ιουδα ἐλεήσω καὶ σώσω αὐτοὺς ἐν κυρίῳ θεῷ αὐτῶν καὶ οὐ σώσω αὐτοὺς ἐν τόξῳ οὐδὲ ἐν ῥομφαίᾳ οὐδὲ ἐν πολέμῳ οὐδὲ ἐν ἅρμασιν οὐδὲ ἐν ἵπποις οὐδὲ ἐν ἱππεῦσιν. --​

How many JEHOVAH are in those verses [4,6,7]?

JEHOVAH said, "... I ["JEHOVAH ... God", vs. 4,6] will save them by JEHOVAH their God [vs. 7], ..."

Two Persons/Beings, both identified as JEHOVAH Elohiym or LORD God. The First JEHOVAH God is saving Israel by another (the Second) JEHOVAH God.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,260.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The way to determine what god(s) people worship is not by what they say, but one can determine the character of their deity(s) by observing what they do...

As muslims all venerate the black stone in Mecca - kissed so many times it is well worn away, this is the centre of their cosmos.

The God of Israel does not tolerate idolatry.

Did they not co-operate with Hitler when it came to the extermination of the Jews?

Are they behaving in accordance with the character of Jesus and His Father - the God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob?

For that matter this question in rightly asked of many who claim the faith of Christianity.

From this angle it is clear that the Muslim god and the Father of Jesus are poles apart.

Not surprising then is the great incompatibility between the Koran and the Bible.

We are talking about a different Spiritual head of this belief system that denies the very core of the Gospel.

Upvote 0

Within Reason

Feb 21, 2020
Miles City
✟2,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Non-sequitur. Also the letter "J" is in English, which is what the name "JEHOVAH" is, an English translation. John Gill, among others demonstrated it as the true name long ago with many proofs, and you can see some of it here.

Now back to the OP please.

Just repeating things you don’t understand doesn’t make for a good argument brother.

• Agree
Reactions: JosephZ
Upvote 0

summerville

Feb 22, 2020
Atlanta
✟11,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
The way to determine what god(s) people worship is not by what they say, but one can determine the character of their deity(s) by observing what they do...

As muslims all venerate the black stone in Mecca - kissed so many times it is well worn away, this is the centre of their cosmos.

The God of Israel does not tolerate idolatry.

Did they not co-operate with Hitler when it came to the extermination of the Jews?

Are they behaving in accordance with the character of Jesus and His Father - the God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob?

For that matter this question in rightly asked of many who claim the faith of Christianity.

From this angle it is clear that the Muslim god and the Father of Jesus are poles apart.

Not surprising then is the great incompatibility between the Koran and the Bible.

We are talking about a different Spiritual head of this belief system that denies the very core of the Gospel.

By 1939 all the Arab States had signed on with the Allies. What are you talking about?

Upvote 0

Deus Vult!

Dec 18, 2019
Heavenly Jerusalem
✟120,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
"Allah" means literally "the God". It is the same title used by Arabic speaking Christians.

"Allah" is not Arabic for "God". Muslims will tell you that "Allah" is a proper name and attribute of their God named "Allah". Arabic is a language that mostly came from the Aramaic language. In Aramaic a word for deity or divinity was simply "Al". Thus in Aramaic the names Israel, Ishmael, Elijah, Michael, etc, were all IsraeAL, IshmaAL, ALijah, MichaAL, etc. This is a fact, not disputable. And of course you could not for example say that IshmaAL means "The Ishma", or that IsraAL means "The Isra", that would be foolish to conclude since we know that the name IsraAL means "one who wrestles with God" and IshmaAL meaning "God will hear". The "AL" - and later the "EL" - simply denotes deity.

You have many false pagan "gods" within Islam and even in the Quran itself. Minat, Uzzah, and Lat are but three of these pagan gods that by name are mentioned in the Quran itself. It is referred to as the "satanic verses" because muslims admit that the verses came from satan himself. Minat, Uzzah, and Lat are found in Sura 53-19-20. This quote is right from my first search result on Google: "Hence the Sura 53-19-20 establishes the fact to muslims that God is one and only veneration of Allah is allowed. This whole episode of changing the Sura is now known as the Gharaniq episode or the Satanic verses incident as it is said Satan tricked the Prophet to recite this verse in public."

Now what you have in this Sura is the names Uzzah and Lat actually listed as... wait for it...drumroll... as AL-lat, and AL-Uzzah. Minat is not listed with the AL because Minat was thought to be the angel of death and so they would deny the title of "AL" - which would denote deity - to Minat.
And so this brings us back to AL-lah. Al-Lah literally means "god Lah". It does not mean "The God". If it meant only "the God" then muslims would not try and say that it is a proper name for God. The reason they say it is a proper name is because it in fact is, however the name is "Lah". The Arabia pagan god Lah is recorded extensively as a false god that was worshiped in Arabia at the time of muhammad. Guess what? Lah is a lunar deity as well. The lunar deity for their region in fact. Muhammad simply made Lah the god that his tribe would worship. And of course hoards of Arabs began to follow the false prophet into lunar worship. I will copy and paste a link to facts about the god "Lah" below.

Iah - Wikipedia

Here is a statue of the god Lah. By the way, in ancient Egyptian polytheistic worship they worshiped also a god named "Lat" also. And the Minat of the Egyptians could very well have been for Egyptians the god Ma'at. But you can see that most of these Egyptian false gods found a new home in Arabia once the various dynasties of Egypt fell.
220px-Osiris-Iah_MET_04.2.452_001.jpg

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
"Allah" is not Arabic for "God". Muslims will tell you that "Allah" is a proper name and attribute of their God named "Allah". Arabic is a language that mostly came from the Aramaic language. In Aramaic a word for deity or divinity was simply "Al". Thus in Aramaic the names Israel, Ishmael, Elijah, Michael, etc, were all IsraeAL, IshmaAL, ALijah, MichaAL, etc. This is a fact, not disputable. And of course you could not for example say that IshmaAL means "The Ishma", or that IsraAL means "The Isra", that would be foolish to conclude since we know that the name IsraAL means "one who wrestles with God" and IshmaAL meaning "God will hear". The "AL" - and later the "EL" - simply denotes deity.

You have many false pagan "gods" within Islam and even in the Quran itself. Minat, Uzzah, and Lat are but three of these pagan gods that by name are mentioned in the Quran itself. It is referred to as the "satanic verses" because muslims admit that the verses came from satan himself. Minat, Uzzah, and Lat are found in Sura 53-19-20. This quote is right from my first search result on Google: "Hence the Sura 53-19-20 establishes the fact to muslims that God is one and only veneration of Allah is allowed. This whole episode of changing the Sura is now known as the Gharaniq episode or the Satanic verses incident as it is said Satan tricked the Prophet to recite this verse in public."

Now what you have in this Sura is the names Uzzah and Lat actually listed as... wait for it...drumroll... as AL-lat, and AL-Uzzah. Minat is not listed with the AL because Minat was thought to be the angel of death and so they would deny the title of "AL" - which would denote deity - to Minat.
And so this brings us back to AL-lah. Al-Lah literally means "god Lah". It does not mean "The God". If it meant only "the God" then muslims would not try and say that it is a proper name for God. The reason they say it is a proper name is because it in fact is, however the name is "Lah". The Arabia pagan god Lah is recorded extensively as a false god that was worshiped in Arabia at the time of muhammad. Guess what? Lah is a lunar deity as well. The lunar deity for their region in fact. Muhammad simply made Lah the god that his tribe would worship. And of course hoards of Arabs began to follow the false prophet into lunar worship. I will copy and paste a link to facts about the god "Lah" below.

Iah - Wikipedia

Here is a statue of the god Lah. By the way, in ancient Egyptian polytheistic worship they worshiped also a god named "Lat" also. And the Minat of the Egyptians could very well have been for Egyptians the god Ma'at. But you can see that most of these Egyptian false gods found a new home in Arabia once the various dynasties of Egypt fell.
220px-Osiris-Iah_MET_04.2.452_001.jpg

I am not talking about any of those things. I am talking about the meaning of a word. Arabic speaking Christians and Jews refer to God as Allah. Imagine the surprise on the OPs face when we tell him the syriac for god is Aloha, the singular for Elohim, Eloah. See the peshitta.

I am not going to debate the meaning of common terms.

Upvote 0