Los Angeles
✟451,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
When we say Allah in Arabic we use it as a title such as Elohim in the Bible is simply a title for God it could be used for false gods as well as the true God, as it simply means God. Allah isn’t used as proper name when spoken by Arabic speaking Christians, while with Muslims it is considered a proper name for some odd reason that I never understood.

• Informative
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

Barney2.0

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2017
Los Angeles
✟451,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yep.. There were Nestorian Christians in Tarout Island and in Najran in the south near the Yemen border. In fact, there was a Nestorian Bishopric in Arabia.

The famous story about the Nestorians is the burning of the Nestorian Christians by the Jewish king of Yemen. (The refused to convert.} The Christian King of Ethiopia came to their aid.. and later they were protected by Muhammed. He waived Jizya.
The Christians of Najran were Miaphysites I believe, which is probably why the Ethiopians came to their aid as they were members of the same communion, Nestorian were concentrated on the eastern parts of Arabia next to the Sassanid empire. The Jewish kingdom of Himyra had already ceased to exist by Mohammed’s time, Yemen was under Persian control by then after the ousting of the Ethiopian Christians a few decades prior to when Islam started. The Jews only held on to a few cities in western Arabia in Hejaz before the majority of them were killed or deported by Mohammed after coming into conflict with him. Mohammed enforced Jizyah on native Christians at sword point and his last will ordered them all out of Arabia along with any Jews, which is why until now Arabia is pretty much devoid of any native Christian or Jewish communities besides the small minority of Jews in Yemen that have pretty much all left the country by now,

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: summerville
Upvote 0

summerville

Feb 22, 2020
Atlanta
✟11,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
The Christians of Najran were Miaphysites I believe, which is probably why the Ethiopians came to their aid as they were members of the same communion, Nestorian were concentrated on the eastern parts of Arabia next to the Sassanid empire. The Jewish kingdom of Himyra had already ceased to exist by Mohammed’s time, Yemen was under Persian control by then after the ousting of the Ethiopian Christians a few decades prior to when Islam started.

The Jews only held on to a few cities in western Arabia in Hejaz before the majority of them were killed or deported by Mohammed after coming into conflict with him. Mohammed enforced Jizyah on native Christians at sword point and his last will ordered them all out of Arabia along with any Jews which why until now Arabia pretty much has no native Christians or Jewish communities left in it besides the small minority of Jews in Yemen that have pretty much all left the country by now,

Why did Muhammed bother to protect them if they were no longer living in Najran?

The Christian king of Ethiopia also sheltered Muslim refugees early in the story of Islam.

Christian community of Najran - Wikipedia

The Jews who left KSA seem to have moved to Yemen or returned to Jericho.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
When we say Allah in Arabic we use it as a title such as Elohim in the Bible is simply a title for God it could be used for false gods as well as the true God, as it simply means God. Allah isn’t used as proper name when spoken by Arabic speaking Christians, while with Muslims it is considered a proper name for some odd reason that I never understood.

Yes, but the difference is God vs. a god/the gods, is it not? That is how they explained it to me in Church, though it's possible I misunderstood what they meant since their first language isn't English and mine isn't Arabic.

Compare Elijah in 1 Kings 18:27, which the SVD translates as:

ادْعُوا بِصَوْتٍ عَالٍ لأَنَّهُ إِلَهٌ!

vs. 1 John 3:1

أُنْظُرُوا أَيَّةَ مَحَبَّةٍ أَعْطَانَا الآبُ حَتَّى نُدْعَى أَوْلاَدَ اللهِ!

(For people who can't read Arabic, that's "he is a God" vs. "children of God")

Presumably, if Elijah had said "He is God", rather than "He is a god", he would've used Allah, right?

That's what I was intending to express. If it's incorrect, please let me know. I only know Arabic through church, and 1 year in college 11-12 years ago.

Upvote 0

Barney2.0

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2017
Los Angeles
✟451,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why did Muhammed bother to protect them if they were no longer living in Najran?

The Christian king of Ethiopia also sheltered Muslim refugees early in the story of Islam.

Christian community of Najran - Wikipedia

The Jews who left KSA seem to have moved to Yemen or returned to Jericho.
Who said Mohammed did protect them, they were living in Najran up until they were exiled most likely during Omar’s reign as Caliph into the Levant and intermixed with native Christians there. The idea of the Ethiopian king sheltering Muslim refugees mainly comes from the Hadiths which are notoriously unreliable historical accounts, Muslims probably ended up in Ethiopia from trade relations between them and the kingdom of Aksum. The KSA which started in Najd in central Arabia never had any native Jewish population of its own, Najran and the southern areas however did of KSA which once belonged to Yemen until the Saudis seized them, the remaining Jews fled further south into Yemen after this and even then most today Jews have altogether left Yemen for Israel, there are only a few Jewish individuals in Yemen today.

Upvote 0

Within Reason

Feb 21, 2020
Miles City
✟2,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Some questions for Islamicists and Muslims.

The first question, involves the name of God as found in the TaNaKh (aka OT), which is JEHOVAH Elohiym.

JEHOVAH is the name of God in the OT and NT.

Elohiym is true plural (3) in Hebrew.

'allah' is always singular, never plural in Arabic.

Muhammad never once made mention of the true name of God, as he never knew JEHOVAH elohiym.

Is "allah" the name of the God of scripture (KJB)? Is "allah" the same as the God of scripture (KJB)? What does "allah" mean, and is it different than "ilah"? Is "allah" singular, and is Elohiym plural? Is "allah" a proper translation in Arabic "bibles" of "Elohiym"? Who translated these "bibles"? Are Rome or Jesuits behind any of it? Is "allah" a father to anyone? What does "la ilaha illa llah" mean?

As found in scripture (OT):

Exo_6:3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

Exo 6:3 וארא אל־אברהם אל־יצחק ואל־יעקב באל שׁדי ושׁמי יהוה לא נודעתי להם׃​

'allah' is also a 'name', not a title. It is even listed as such in the Yusuf-Ali edition, as the primary of the '99'.

"... The Names of God (Asma al-Husna):

ALLAH - (The Name Of God) ..." - Yusuf-Ali commentary edition of qur'an, page 3.

In Surah al-Fatihah 1:1, says

"... بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ ..."

"... In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful..."​

The direct translation is even given here - al-Fatihah 1:1

In Surah al-Baqara 2:114, it says:

"...وَمَنْ أَظْلَمُ مِمَّن مَّنَعَ مَسَاجِدَ اللَّهِ أَن يُذْكَرَ فِيهَا اسْمُهُ وَسَعَىٰ فِي خَرَابِهَا أُولَٰئِكَ مَا كَانَ لَهُمْ أَن يَدْخُلُوهَا إِلَّا خَائِفِينَ لَهُمْ فِي الدُّنْيَا خِزْيٌ وَلَهُمْ فِي الْآخِرَةِ عَذَابٌ عَظِيمٌ ..."

".,.. 114. And who is more unjust than he who forbids(117)
that in places for the worship of Allah, Allah.s name
should be celebrated?-whose zeal is (in fact) to ruin
them? It was not fitting that such should themselves
enter them except in fear. For them there is nothing
but disgrace in this world, and in the world to come,
an exceeding torment. ..."​

Again, the word for word translation - al-Baqarah 2:114

It is even directly translated as such into other languages, such as Spanish & Italian:

"... Su nombre en las mezquitas de Alá ..." - al-Baqarah 2:114

"... di Allah si menzioni il Suo nome ..." - al-Baqarah 2:114

In Surah al-Alaq 96:1, we read:

"... 1. Proclaim! (or Read!)(6203) in the name(6204) of thy
Lord and Cherisher, Who created- ..."​

Notation 6204 says, "... 6204 The declaration or proclamation was to be in the name of Allah..."​

In Sahih al-Bukhari, we read:

"... Volume 1, Book 4, Number 143:

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

The Prophet said, "If anyone of you on having sexual relations with his wife said (and he must say it before starting) 'In the name of Allah. O Allah! Protect us from Satan and also protect what you bestow upon us (i.e. the coming offspring) from Satan, and if it is destined that they should have a child then, Satan will never be able to harm that offspring." ..."​

"... Volume 1, Book 12, Number 805:

Narrated Warrad:

(the clerk of Al-Mughira bin Shu'ba) Once Al-Mughira dictated to me in a letter addressed to Mu'awiya that the Prophet used to say after every compulsory prayer, "La ilaha ilallah wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa-lahul-hamdu, wahuwa ala kulli shai in qadir. Allahumma la mani 'a lima a'taita, wa la mu'tiya lima mana'ta, wa la yanfa'u dhal-jaddi minka-l-jadd. (None has the right to be worshipped but Allah and He has no partner in Lordship or in worship or in the Names and the Qualities, and for Him is the Kingdom and all the praises are for Him and He is omnipotent. O Allah! Nobody can hold back what you give and nobody can give what You hold back. Hard (efforts by anyone for anything cannot benefit one against Your Will)." And Al-Hasan said, "Al-jadd' means prosperity."..."​

"... Volume 2, Book 15, Number 101:

Narrated Jundab:

On the day of Nahr the Prophet offered the prayer and delivered the Khutba and then slaughtered the sacrifice and said, "Anybody who slaughtered (his sacrifice) before the prayer should slaughter another animal in lieu of it, and the one who has not yet slaughtered should slaughter the sacrifice mentioning Allah's name on it." ..."​

Genesis 1:1 says:

Gen 1:1 בראשׁית ברא אלהים את השׁמים ואת הארץ׃​

אלהים is Elohiym (true plural, it is not in the singular or dual plural form)

Genesis 2:4 says:

Gen 2:4 אלה תולדות השׁמים והארץ בהבראם ביום עשׂות יהוה אלהים ארץ ושׁמים׃​

יהוה is JEHOVAH

The word used is not "El", nor "Eloah".

Some of the Islamic names used today, such as Uriah (أُورِيَّا), literally mean in Hebrew:

"... Uriah or Urijah = “Jehovah (Yahweh) is my light (flame)” ..." - Brown-Driver-Briggs Lexicon.

"... From H217 and H3050; flame of Jah [JEHOVAH]; ..." - Strong's Concordance
The name יהוה (JEHOVAH) has been used by Hebrew/Jews, Non-Jews (like Moses' wife Zipporah) and Christians (Jew/Gentile) since the time of Moses in many lands, including Arabia (Paul was in Arabia, and Jesus name (which means JEHOVAH is (my) salvation) was carried into Arabia).

Why then did Muhammad not once utter this name (JEHOVAH), and why did he always refer to his "God" as "Allah" (singular), when scripture in thousands of places gives the true plural (Elohiym)?
I see that my questions were never answered, though a lot of words were given.

Elohiym (plural). "allah" is always singular, never plural.

What is the name that so called Arab 'Christians' call Elohiym? It isn't "allah" is it. No, indeed. They know that "YHVH [JEHOVAH]" is the name of Elohiym, and that it is in the name of Jesus [JEHOVAH is (my) salvation) itself. It is misdirection by others to claim otherwise.

Upvote 0

summerville

Feb 22, 2020
Atlanta
✟11,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Who said Mohammed did protect them, they were living in Najran up until they were exiled most likely during Omar’s reign as Caliph into the Levant and intermixed with native Christians there. The idea of the Ethiopian king sheltering Muslim refugees mainly comes from the Hadiths which are notoriously unreliable historical accounts, Muslims probably ended up in Ethiopia from trade relations between them and the kingdom of Aksum. The KSA which started in Najd in central Arabia never had any native Jewish population of its own, Najran and the southern areas however did of KSA which once belonged to Yemen until the Saudis seized them, the remaining Jews fled further south into Yemen after this and even then most today Jews have altogether left Yemen for Israel, there are only a few Jewish individuals in Yemen today.

Ibn Saudi didn't seize northern Yemen. They chose to join KSA.. Ibn Saud was much too smart to fight mountain people on their turf. If you have ever been to Asir, you know how monstrous and impassible those mountains are. Even a mountain goat would have a hard time.

Upvote 0

summerville

Feb 22, 2020
Atlanta
✟11,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I see that my questions were never answered, though a lot of words were given.

Elohiym (plural). "allah" is always singular, never plural.

What is the name that so called Arab 'Christians' call Elohiym? It isn't "allah" is it. No, indeed. They know that "YHVH [JEHOVAH]" is the name of Elohiym, and that it is in the name of Jesus [JEHOVAH is (my) salvation) itself. It is misdirection by others to claim otherwise.

Abdallah means slave to Allah. See how that works?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Limo

Nov 15, 2015
✟42,975.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Some questions for Islamicists and Muslims.

The first question, involves the name of God as found in the TaNaKh (aka OT), which is JEHOVAH Elohiym.

JEHOVAH is the name of God in the OT and NT.

Elohiym is true plural (3) in Hebrew.

'allah' is always singular, never plural in Arabic.

Muhammad never once made mention of the true name of God, as he never knew JEHOVAH elohiym.

Is "allah" the name of the God of scripture (KJB)? Is "allah" the same as the God of scripture (KJB)? What does "allah" mean, and is it different than "ilah"? Is "allah" singular, and is Elohiym plural? Is "allah" a proper translation in Arabic "bibles" of "Elohiym"? Who translated these "bibles"? Are Rome or Jesuits behind any of it? Is "allah" a father to anyone? What does "la ilaha illa llah" mean?

As found in scripture (OT):

Exo_6:3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

Exo 6:3 וארא אל־אברהם אל־יצחק ואל־יעקב באל שׁדי ושׁמי יהוה לא נודעתי להם׃​

'allah' is also a 'name', not a title. It is even listed as such in the Yusuf-Ali edition, as the primary of the '99'.

"... The Names of God (Asma al-Husna):

ALLAH - (The Name Of God) ..." - Yusuf-Ali commentary edition of qur'an, page 3.

In Surah al-Fatihah 1:1, says

"... بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَٰنِ الرَّحِيمِ ..."

"... In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful..."​

The direct translation is even given here - al-Fatihah 1:1

In Surah al-Baqara 2:114, it says:

"...وَمَنْ أَظْلَمُ مِمَّن مَّنَعَ مَسَاجِدَ اللَّهِ أَن يُذْكَرَ فِيهَا اسْمُهُ وَسَعَىٰ فِي خَرَابِهَا أُولَٰئِكَ مَا كَانَ لَهُمْ أَن يَدْخُلُوهَا إِلَّا خَائِفِينَ لَهُمْ فِي الدُّنْيَا خِزْيٌ وَلَهُمْ فِي الْآخِرَةِ عَذَابٌ عَظِيمٌ ..."

".,.. 114. And who is more unjust than he who forbids(117)
that in places for the worship of Allah, Allah.s name
should be celebrated?-whose zeal is (in fact) to ruin
them? It was not fitting that such should themselves
enter them except in fear. For them there is nothing
but disgrace in this world, and in the world to come,
an exceeding torment. ..."​

Again, the word for word translation - al-Baqarah 2:114

It is even directly translated as such into other languages, such as Spanish & Italian:

"... Su nombre en las mezquitas de Alá ..." - al-Baqarah 2:114

"... di Allah si menzioni il Suo nome ..." - al-Baqarah 2:114

In Surah al-Alaq 96:1, we read:

"... 1. Proclaim! (or Read!)(6203) in the name(6204) of thy
Lord and Cherisher, Who created- ..."​

Notation 6204 says, "... 6204 The declaration or proclamation was to be in the name of Allah..."​

In Sahih al-Bukhari, we read:

"... Volume 1, Book 4, Number 143:

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

The Prophet said, "If anyone of you on having sexual relations with his wife said (and he must say it before starting) 'In the name of Allah. O Allah! Protect us from Satan and also protect what you bestow upon us (i.e. the coming offspring) from Satan, and if it is destined that they should have a child then, Satan will never be able to harm that offspring." ..."​

"... Volume 1, Book 12, Number 805:

Narrated Warrad:

(the clerk of Al-Mughira bin Shu'ba) Once Al-Mughira dictated to me in a letter addressed to Mu'awiya that the Prophet used to say after every compulsory prayer, "La ilaha ilallah wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa-lahul-hamdu, wahuwa ala kulli shai in qadir. Allahumma la mani 'a lima a'taita, wa la mu'tiya lima mana'ta, wa la yanfa'u dhal-jaddi minka-l-jadd. (None has the right to be worshipped but Allah and He has no partner in Lordship or in worship or in the Names and the Qualities, and for Him is the Kingdom and all the praises are for Him and He is omnipotent. O Allah! Nobody can hold back what you give and nobody can give what You hold back. Hard (efforts by anyone for anything cannot benefit one against Your Will)." And Al-Hasan said, "Al-jadd' means prosperity."..."​

"... Volume 2, Book 15, Number 101:

Narrated Jundab:

On the day of Nahr the Prophet offered the prayer and delivered the Khutba and then slaughtered the sacrifice and said, "Anybody who slaughtered (his sacrifice) before the prayer should slaughter another animal in lieu of it, and the one who has not yet slaughtered should slaughter the sacrifice mentioning Allah's name on it." ..."​

Genesis 1:1 says:

Gen 1:1 בראשׁית ברא אלהים את השׁמים ואת הארץ׃​

Genesis 2:4 says:

Gen 2:4 אלה תולדות השׁמים והארץ בהבראם ביום עשׂות יהוה אלהים ארץ ושׁמים׃​

יהוה is JEHOVAH

The word used is not "El", nor "Eloah".

Some of the Islamic names used today, such as Uriah (أُورِيَّا), literally mean in Hebrew:

"... Uriah or Urijah = “Jehovah (Yahweh) is my light (flame)” ..." - Brown-Driver-Briggs Lexicon.

"... From H217 and H3050; flame of Jah [JEHOVAH]; ..." - Strong's Concordance
The name יהוה (JEHOVAH) has been used by Hebrew/Jews, Non-Jews (like Moses' wife Zipporah) and Christians (Jew/Gentile) since the time of Moses in many lands, including Arabia (Paul was in Arabia, and Jesus name (which means JEHOVAH is (my) salvation) was carried into Arabia).

Why then did Muhammad not once utter this name (JEHOVAH), and why did he always refer to his "God" as "Allah" (singular), when scripture in thousands of places gives the true plural (Elohiym)?

Allah in Islam is the name of the Almighty, the Creator, the most merciful,,,,
Allah is just a name. Not all names in all languages are driven from verbs or has specific meaning.
Nevertheless,
Allah told us in Quran that he has many names some names have been told in Quran, some are told to some Prophets, some are told to some Angles.
May be Jehovah is one of the true names of Allay. It's not mentioned in Quran, so we don't accept or deny. It might be. We don't know. Our only references are the Quran and hadeethes (prophet Mohamed sayings

Time to respond to your questions.
Too many questions in too many subjects. I'll try to address, may be in severy comments.
First of all, Why it's supposed that Islam follows Bible? Who claimed this assumption?
Vice versa, we believe that Quran is the true words of Allah, not changed, absolute true. Allah told in Quran that the Bible have been changed..

Islam is not a modified copy of neither Jewdaism not Christianity.

It's true that Allah told us about some previous Prophets to israiltes and to other nations as well in Quran. If Allah is telling us the stories of previous Prophet and their names are linked to Jehovah, it doesn't mean that the Quran was errorless copied from other books. why?
In OT like in Quran Allah told some non Jewish names, may be some of these names are linked to pagans gods . Does it mean that there is a link between OT and Quran to pagans gods ?

The guys in videos are juggling and sourcing in addition to severe ignorant of both Arabic language and Quran.

Allah can't be translated to God. God in English is a common word not for specific entity. It depends on who is staying:
  • For a Christian it might mean Jesus Christ or the Son, or the father, or the Trinity
  • For a Jew it means Jehovah
  • For a Budist, it means Buddha
  • For pagans, it means the sun or the moon or the tree or the see or a statue,,,,
It's severe wrong translation to translate Allah to God, even all Quran translations did.

About Arab Cristiana, I'm doing a research but unfortunately didn't find any references about using the name Allah by Arab Christians before Islam. If Arab Christians used to use the name Allah before Islam, for sure neither Egyptian Orthodox nor Catholics used the name Allah. As they've translated the Bible very late after living with Moslems for centuries.
Although, they've translated Bible from Coptic and Greek the used the name Allah in translation.
The reason might be one of the 2 posibilties:
  • Arab Christians in Arabic peninsula used the name Allah before Islam. Then this name was in original scriptures
  • Copts and Catholics tries to deceiving Moslems to claim that they worship same Islam Allah and they're uniterian

Upvote 0

Limo

Nov 15, 2015
✟42,975.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
"Allah" means literally "the God". It is the same title used by Arabic speaking Christians.
Allah is a name, it's a wrong translation to use the God in translation.
The God in Arabic is Al'Elah الإله.
I think Arab Christians use it to decieve Moslems in 2 ways:
- as if they are worshipping the same God
- as if they're uniterian

They could've used the name Jehovah or the Greek word or whatsoever but they've chosen the Islamic name.

• Agree
Reactions: Within Reason
Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Allah is a name, it's a wrong translation to use the God in translation.
The God in Arabic is Al'Elah الإله.
I think Arab Christians use it to decieve Moslems in 2 ways:
- as if they are worshipping the same God
- as if they're uniterian

They could've used the name Jehovah or the Greek word or whatsoever but they've chosen the Islamic name.

Arabic speaking Christians and Jews have been using the Arabic word for God since before Islam existed.

Upvote 0

Limo

Nov 15, 2015
✟42,975.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
"Allah" is not Arabic for "God". Muslims will tell you that "Allah" is a proper name and attribute of their God named "Allah". Arabic is a language that mostly came from the Aramaic language. In Aramaic a word for deity or divinity was simply "Al". Thus in Aramaic the names Israel, Ishmael, Elijah, Michael, etc, were all IsraeAL, IshmaAL, ALijah, MichaAL, etc. This is a fact, not disputable. And of course you could not for example say that IshmaAL means "The Ishma", or that IsraAL means "The Isra", that would be foolish to conclude since we know that the name IsraAL means "one who wrestles with God" and IshmaAL meaning "God will hear". The "AL" - and later the "EL" - simply denotes deity.

You have many false pagan "gods" within Islam and even in the Quran itself. Minat, Uzzah, and Lat are but three of these pagan gods that by name are mentioned in the Quran itself. It is referred to as the "satanic verses" because muslims admit that the verses came from satan himself. Minat, Uzzah, and Lat are found in Sura 53-19-20. This quote is right from my first search result on Google: "Hence the Sura 53-19-20 establishes the fact to muslims that God is one and only veneration of Allah is allowed. This whole episode of changing the Sura is now known as the Gharaniq episode or the Satanic verses incident as it is said Satan tricked the Prophet to recite this verse in public."

Now what you have in this Sura is the names Uzzah and Lat actually listed as... wait for it...drumroll... as AL-lat, and AL-Uzzah. Minat is not listed with the AL because Minat was thought to be the angel of death and so they would deny the title of "AL" - which would denote deity - to Minat.
And so this brings us back to AL-lah. Al-Lah literally means "god Lah". It does not mean "The God". If it meant only "the God" then muslims would not try and say that it is a proper name for God. The reason they say it is a proper name is because it in fact is, however the name is "Lah". The Arabia pagan god Lah is recorded extensively as a false god that was worshiped in Arabia at the time of muhammad. Guess what? Lah is a lunar deity as well. The lunar deity for their region in fact. Muhammad simply made Lah the god that his tribe would worship. And of course hoards of Arabs began to follow the false prophet into lunar worship. I will copy and paste a link to facts about the god "Lah" below.

Iah - Wikipedia

Here is a statue of the god Lah. By the way, in ancient Egyptian polytheistic worship they worshiped also a god named "Lat" also. And the Minat of the Egyptians could very well have been for Egyptians the god Ma'at. But you can see that most of these Egyptian false gods found a new home in Arabia once the various dynasties of Egypt fell.
220px-Osiris-Iah_MET_04.2.452_001.jpg
You're mixing everything with everything.
İsraeel, ismaeel, mekaeel, gebreel names in quran. These name are names of prophets and angels.
The endings are "eel". These are non Arabic names.
The names "Al-lat" and "Al-uzah" have prefix "Al" which equivalent to "the" in English
The name Al-lat is a title not a name refers to previous good person who was kneeding or puddling breads then people worshipped him. Same Al-uzah is a w
Coutitle for someone was having extreme bride.

As for as I know there was no statue god in peninsula name Lah. Don't tell about Pharos statue god and this non scene stories. We need scientific evidence

Upvote 0

Limo

Nov 15, 2015
✟42,975.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Arabic speaking Christians and Jews have been using the Arabic word for God since before Islam existed.
Arabic Jews in Arab peninsula, Yes
Arabic Christians in Arabic peninsula, need evidance
Egyptian and north Africans Christians , for sure No
Syriac, iraqies, Lebanese, need evidence
The Arabic translation of Bible is as late as 16th century as I remember. At that time there were no Arab Christians in peninsula at all. Only copts and Catholics and ashoreen in Syria, Lennon, and Iraq.

Why they've insisted to use the name Allah not Jehovah?

• Agree
Reactions: Within Reason
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Arabic Jews in Arab peninsula, Yes
Arabic Christians in Arabic peninsula, need evidance
Egyptian and north Africans Christians , for sure No
Syriac, iraqies, Lebanese, need evidence
The Arabic translation of Bible is as late as 16th century as I remember. At that time there were no Arab Christians in peninsula at all. Only copts and Catholics and ashoreen in Syria, Lennon, and Iraq.

Why they've insisted to use the name Allah not Jehovah?

The name "jehovah" was unheard of until the 16th century. There have been Arabic speaking Christians and Jews since long before then. You'd just as well ask why is it not Jehovah in syriac. It's not. It's Aloha, meaning Eloah, the singular of Elohim.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Aug 27, 2014
✟429,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
About Arab Cristiana, I'm doing a research but unfortunately didn't find any references about using the name Allah by Arab Christians before Islam. If Arab Christians used to use the name Allah before Islam, for sure neither Egyptian Orthodox nor Catholics used the name Allah. As they've translated the Bible very late after living with Moslems for centuries.
Although, they've translated Bible from Coptic and Greek the used the name Allah in translation.
The reason might be one of the 2 posibilties:
  • Arab Christians in Arabic peninsula used the name Allah before Islam. Then this name was in original scriptures
  • Copts and Catholics tries to deceiving Moslems to claim that they worship same Islam Allah and they're uniterian

This is seriously the most ridiculous thing I've ever read on this website, and that's really saying something. "Copts and Catholics tried deceiving Moslems to claim that they worship the same Islam Allah and they're unitarian"?!

NO. WE COPTIC ORTHODOX PEOPLE DON'T WORSHIP YOUR FALSE GOD AND WE ARE NOT UNITARIAN.

Here, I'll put it in your false god's favorite language, the language that he tricked your false prophet in, so that you know it's not an attempt to 'deceive' anybody.

From the taraneem prayed as part of the morning doxology:

نسجد لاسم الثالوث الرب الاله العظيم
الواحد فى اللاهوت المثلث الاقانيم

(For others, it is approximately: "We prostrate before the name of the Holy Trinity, the great God, one in divinity and three in Person." +)

That is not very unitarian, is it? Not at all, in fact. And in fact we begin every prayer, speech, etc. by invoking the Holy Trinity in whatever language we are speaking in, including Arabic. You can hear it at the start of every sermon given in church for instance, as here when HG Bishop Agathon of Brazil gives a sermon in Arabic on the life of our apostle St. Mark:

Again, this is the opposite of unitarianism.

As to whether or not we worship your god, this should be obvious enough by what is already presented, but no, we do not. Do you pray in the name of the Holy Trinity? No. You pray to Muhammad's mutilation of God, infected with Arab paganism and distortion. This is not the true God, just as you say that the God of the Christians is not the true God because we dare to pray as Christians according to our God-given theology.

Don't comment on Christianity when you don't know anything about it and can do nothing but advance insane conspiracy theories about 'deception' that are hatched in the minds of those whose intellect is submerged in hell thanks to the heresies of your Muhammad, the false warner who could not tell good from evil and was an instrument of the devil.

I swear, all this type of Muslim ever does is take things that others are already doing, pervert them according to Muhammad's lies, and then claim that everyone else is out to get them and deceive them due to the similarities that they see between the preexisting religion or practice and Islam. DUH! It's cos Islam STOLE EVERYTHING THAT IS GOOD IN IT! The Byzantine emperor Manuel Palaiologos II was truly correct when he rhetorically asked what Muhammad brought that was new that was not horrible. There is nothing. Nothing.

The comments for this video in any of its many mirrors are nothing but many Muslims losing their minds about how the narrator could say that Muslims adopted their prostrations from Christians that they conquered, because Muhammad already prayed like this in Arabia where they say there were no Christians (hahaha...tell that to the Taghlib, the Lakhmid, the Kalb, etc.), before the Arab conquest of Egypt, and anyway Christians probably adopted this from Jews anyway (which may be true; the difference is that we do not deny our relations to other religions by claiming that everything before us was "the time of ignorance", like the ignorant Islamic religion and its ahistorical hagiography of itself does).

And then this type has the temerity to come here and say what Christians did or do and why, as though there is any authority in what such a person has to say when stacked against the witness from before Muhammad was ever even born! The monastery in the video is that of St. Anthony, the father of monks, on the Red Sea, which dates back to 300 AD -- 270 years before Muhammad was even born!

People of the thread, I hope you see this sort of thing for what it is: the desperate propaganda of someone who thinks that by virtue of their religion being the only one acceptable to God (as Islam says it is), he can claim any stupid thing about any other religion and doesn't even need to get within several million miles of saying anything even slightly correct because...Allah and Muhammad something something something. (No, I don't know why; not all Muslims make up a bunch of stupid things about Christianity, though all of them believe a bunch of stupid things about Christianity, because neither Muhammad nor any other early Muslim knew what they were talking about when it came to other religions.)

Lord have mercy. If your Allah is such a great god, Limo, then surely it deserves better ambassadors.

• Winner
Reactions: HTacianas
Upvote 0

dzheremi

Aug 27, 2014
✟429,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
You'd just as well ask why is it not Jehovah in syriac. It's not. It's Aloha, meaning Eloah, the singular of Elohim.

Small correction:

ܐܠܗܐ

is Aloho (Western dialects) or Alaha (Eastern dialects; classical Elaha). Not Aloha.

(Eastern dialect; from the "Ancient Church of the East", a sect of the Nestorians)

(Western dialect; Maronite)

(Western dialect; Syriac Orthodox)

It may be confusing in writing because the Syriac script in any of its variants, like Arabic, uses the same letter ܐ that usually represents /a/ to represent other vowels as well, with the disambiguation left to context or the use of diacritics that are not always present (usually only in religious texts and learner's textbooks).

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Small correction:

ܐܠܗܐ

is Aloho (Western dialects) or Alaha (Eastern dialects; classical Elaha). Not Aloha.

(Eastern dialect; from the "Ancient Church of the East", a sect of the Nestorians)

(Western dialect; Maronite)

(Western dialect; Syriac Orthodox)

It may be confusing in writing because the Syriac script in any of its variants, like Arabic, uses the same letter ܐ that usually represents /a/ to represent other vowels as well, with the disambiguation left to context or the use of diacritics that are not always present (usually only in religious texts and learner's textbooks).

I say Aloha from an English translation of the peshitta. It may well be a consolidation of the eastern and western pronunciations you mentioned.

Upvote 0

Within Reason

Feb 21, 2020
Miles City
✟2,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0