Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The Republicans threatened that if the Democrats end the filibuster, then Republicans would slow down every piece of legislations, and will basically do everything they can to stop all Senate action. Well, the Republicans have, after a bit more than a month, decided to do everything to stop every piece of legislation. The Republicans have made their decision. They will each need to cast their vote against COVID relief and COVID checks, and hope their voters won't remember next summer.

The only question now is what Manchin and Sinema will require for their votes. This will be true now, on the infrastructure bill, and then on the filibuster vote. Make no mistake, the voting right bill WILL PASS before the 2022 elections.
=============
1) The stimulus bill will pass, probably with no Republican votes.
2) The BBB (infrastructure, climate control and jobs bill will pass probably with no Republican votes.

That's it for meaningful legislation until after the 2022 election, unless the filibuster is voted out. Well, $4T may be enough for awhile. The Senate will then spend its time adding lots of new judges, and approving judges and other appointees, while nothing else happens.
==================
3) As always, there will huge fights each time the debt limit needs to increase.
4) AND THEN, AND THEN, the filibuster will be voted out so that the voting rights bill and criminal justice bill can pass. And THEN, good luck to the Republicans. DC statehood will be next, and then Puerto Rico statehood.
============
All this on the table on March 4th, inauguration day according to the conspirators.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Republicans threatened that if the Democrats end the filibuster, then Republicans would slow down every piece of legislations, and will basically do everything they can to stop all Senate action. Well, the Republicans have, after a bit more than a month, decided to do everything to stop every piece of legislation. The Republicans have made their decision. They will each need to cast their vote against COVID relief and COVID checks, and hope their voters won't remember next summer.

The only question now is what Manchin and Sinema will require for their votes. This will be true now, on the infrastructure bill, and then on the filibuster vote. Make no mistake, the voting right bill WILL PASS before the 2022 elections.
=============
2) The BBB (infrastructure, climate control and jobs bill will pass probably with no Republican votes.

That's it for meaningful legislation until after the 2022 election, unless the filibuster is voted out. Well, $4T may be enough for awhile. The Senate will then spend its time adding lots of new judges, and approving judges and other appointees, while nothing else happens.
==================
3) As always, there will huge fights each time the debt limit needs to increase.
4) AND THEN, AND THEN, the filibuster will be voted out so that the voting rights bill and criminal justice bill can pass. And THEN, good luck to the Republicans. DC statehood will be next, and then Puerto Rico statehood.
============
All this on the table on March 4th, inauguration day according to the conspirators.

March 5th will be in 45 minutes.

Fri
partly_cloudy.png

high of 42°

Current 26° F
Precipitation: 2%
Humidity: 74%
Wind: 2 mph
Milwaukee, WI
Thursday 11:18 PM

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,820.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Statehood for DC and PR would probably mean permanent Dem control of the Senate.
Unless the republicans do the unthinkable and change their political program so that it caters to the needs and desires of a larger percentage of americans.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Statehood for DC and PR would probably mean permanent Dem control of the Senate.
I don't know, the GOP could adopt fact based pragmatic policy decisions which truly benefit the majority of their constituents and help ... nah, can't keep a straight face long enough to finish that thought.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

=============

==================
============

I've never supported the stimulus payments, and even called my House rep and both Senators to ask them to vote NO. If they don't vote for it, they will be representing me accurately.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I've never supported the stimulus payments, and even called my House rep and both Senators to ask them to vote NO. If they don't vote for it, they will be representing me accurately.

Must be great to be privileged enough not to need stimulus. You're extremely fortunate.
Ringo

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Yes, as long as the voting bill is implemented and supported by the courts.

The Republicans would need to go back to where they were in 2016. I saw the proposed future of the party on stage in a Rubio rally, with Rubio, Haley and Scott campaigning together (trying to appeal to minorities and Hispanics). The Republicans need to go back there, and have the Democrats move left. Then they will have a chance.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Yes, I understand that 1/4 of voters oppose the stimulus plan, and want their reps to vote against it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Must be great to be privileged enough not to need stimulus. You're extremely fortunate.
Ringo

Tell that to the 1M people our governor put out of work. Tossing crumbs at them, of which their labors produced whole loaves of bread, is insulting.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Tell that to the 1M people our governor put out of work. Tossing crumbs at them, of which their labors produced whole loaves of bread, is insulting.

Hence why things like this stimulus payments are needed.
Ringo

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hence why things like this stimulus payments are needed.
Ringo

At the expense of the entire economy, risk of hyperinflation, and plunging us all into poverty...no...not needed, very short sighted, and the need of getting our employment issues under check goes ignored while the cries for jobs go unheard and unanswered.

• Agree
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
At the expense of the entire economy, risk of hyperinflation, and plunging us all into poverty...no...not needed, very short sighted, and the need of getting our employment issues under check goes ignored while the cries for jobs go unheard and unanswered.

It's not "plunging us into poverty"; it's helping to keep us out of it.

But you're right about one thing: it's short-sighted in the sense that we need more than a one time $2K payment. We also need minimum wage to be indexed to the cost of living and a livable wage, so that regardless of their job, people can earn enough to live. So on that point, we're in agreement.
Ringo

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
It's not "plunging us into poverty"; it's helping to keep us out of it.

But you're right about one thing: it's short-sighted in the sense that we need more than a one time $2K payment. We also need minimum wage to be indexed to the cost of living and a livable wage, so that regardless of their job, people can earn enough to live. So on that point, we're in agreement.
Ringo

Raising minimum wage will increase unemployment, increase automation, and drive down the value of the dollar. People who might have jobs might have a little more, but there would be far fewer simply without jobs.

The Case against A $15 Federal Minimum Wage: Q&A

• Winner
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Increase unemployment in the sense of many people no longer needing to work two jobs in order to survive, which is perfectly fine with me. Not sure how minimum wage "increases automation", but more money means more buying power. Seems like a win to me.

The real opposition to the bill, as I said before, isn't principle but partisanship. Democrats are largely going it alone, therefore stimulus is bad.
Ringo

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
. Not sure how minimum wage "increases automation", but more money means more buying power. .
Ringo

I agree with increasing the minimum wage.

As are as increasing automation, let me give you an example. If those who take your order in the drive-throughs are paid say $20 an hour, there will be an incentive for fast food restaurants to increase the automation of the process. If receptionists are paid $20 an hour, more of that process will be automated.

The result is the loss of some low paying jobs.

Another example is low level programmers. The more their wages go up, the more jobs will be automated.
===========
This has been a problem since the 1800's. The solution is increased productivity, job creation and training.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Any job thats mind-killing enough that a machine could do it should be automated.

Careful what you wish for...alll farming and food production is in the realm of possibilities. One could, at this point, also make a case for transportation.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Careful what you wish for...alll farming and food production is in the realm of possibilities. One could, at this point, also make a case for transportation.
Bring it on. Sitting down driving all day has got to be terrible for you.

Upvote 0