Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Oh, no. They fully intend on running the World in 50-200 years. Xi’s a mere “cog”, he understands that, some other megalomaniac dictator will have be World Emperor, but he’s gonna make his mark!
Have the Chinese annexed Nepal yet?

All jesting aside, the notion that China is set on world conquest is more like a projection of the American mind.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
And they need to have aircraft carriers because......??

Every developed country with a coastline and real navy has them.

They made artificial islands and weaponized them to control the China Sea because.....?

To protect their interests in the China Sea? I mean, it is called the China Sea, and not the American Sea, after all.

Some Americans may not be watching what China is doing but others are watching very closely. That old we are not a threat line will not work.

Paranoia. You don't know much about China (have you studied any Chinese language or history first hand?), just creating a bogieman.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
All jesting aside, the notion that China is set on world conquest is more like a projection of the American mind.
I’m not talking about military conquest, just the biggest economy feeling-its-oats will absolutely dwarf our own within 20 years.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Every developed country with a coastline and real navy has them.

To protect their interests in the China Sea? I mean, it is called the China Sea, and not the American Sea, after all.

Paranoia. You don't know much about China (have you studied any Chinese language or history first hand?), just creating a bogieman.
there is part of the problem "I mean, it is called the China Sea, and not the American Sea, after all." AND so China thinks that they own it, just as they claimed Hong Kong, made and agreement and immediately violated it, we can all see how that worked out for the people who live there, and now we have flyovers of Taiwan by war airplanes from China, an overt hostile action but we should believe that China has no aspirations outside of the mainland. Did you have answers for any of the other questions that I asked?

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
there is part of the problem "I mean, it is called the China Sea, and not the American Sea, after all." AND so China thinks that they own it, just as they claimed Hong Kong,

Hong Kong does rightfully belong to China. It was only taken from China due to a 19th century drug war instigated by Britain, and later Britain agreed that it would be returned back to China.

made and agreement and immediately violated it, we can all see how that worked out for the people who live there,

China did not violate any treaty with Hong Kong. Hong Kong has no treaties of that nature with China. Hong Kong is not, and never has been, a sovereign nation to make such treaties.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hong Kong does rightfully belong to China. It was only taken from China due to a 19th century drug war instigated by Britain, and later Britain agreed that it would be returned back to China.

China did not violate any treaty with Hong Kong. Hong Kong has no treaties of that nature with China. Hong Kong is not, and never has been, a sovereign nation to make such treaties.
Propaganda will not stand up against facts and the facts are just as I posted.
UK says China's security law is serious violation of Hong Kong treaty
LONDON (Reuters) - The United Kingdom said China’s imposition of a security law on Hong Kong was a “clear and serious” violation of the 1984 Joint Declaration and that London would offer around 3 million residents of the former colony a path to British citizenship.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Propaganda will not stand up against facts and the facts are just as I posted.
UK says China's security law is serious violation of Hong Kong treaty
LONDON (Reuters) - The United Kingdom said China’s imposition of a security law on Hong Kong was a “clear and serious” violation of the 1984 Joint Declaration and that London would offer around 3 million residents of the former colony a path to British citizenship.

Do you have a problem with comprehension?

China and the UK were parties to that treaty. Hong Kong was not a party at all, as it was not a sovereignty country.

Offering refugee status to disgruntled residents of Hong Kong seems to be a pragmatic one rooted in acquiescence: it indicates a lack of will to invest a great deal of blood and treasure in an attempt to persuade the Chinese. So you are complaining about something that ultimately not even the British government takes very seriously.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
I’m not talking about military conquest, just the biggest economy feeling-its-oats will absolutely dwarf our own within 20 years.

And that's where the analogy to war ends. Because ideally, nobody loses from trade, it's not a zero-sum game, much less something over which we should engage in physical violence.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Do you have a problem with comprehension?

China and the UK were parties to that treaty. Hong Kong was not a party at all, as it was not a sovereignty country.

Offering refugee status to disgruntled residents of Hong Kong seems to be a pragmatic one rooted in acquiescence: it indicates a lack of will to invest a great deal of blood and treasure in an attempt to persuade the Chinese. So you are complaining about something that ultimately not even the British government takes very seriously.
Do I need to explain things? I though the article did a good job of explaining that China violated the agreement but I guess not everyone can understand it. maybe this from the article will help.
Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab said Britain had carefully assessed China’s national security legislation since it was published late on Tuesday.

“It constitutes a clear violation of the autonomy of Hong Kong, and a direct threat to the freedoms of its people, and therefore I’m afraid to say it is a clear and serious violation of the Joint Declaration treaty between the United Kingdom and China,” Raab told Reuters and the BBC.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Do I need to explain things? I though the article did a good job of explaining that China violated the agreement but I guess not everyone can understand it. maybe this from the article will help.
Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab said Britain had carefully assessed China’s national security legislation since it was published late on Tuesday.

“It constitutes a clear violation of the autonomy of Hong Kong, and a direct threat to the freedoms of its people, and therefore I’m afraid to say it is a clear and serious violation of the Joint Declaration treaty between the United Kingdom and China,” Raab told Reuters and the BBC.

Attacking China's integrity over such a picayune detail that the UK government isn't even willing to seriously invest in, seems petulent and vindictive. This is far from the kind of high morality that many chauvenists such as yourself would claim for the western world vs. China.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Attacking China's integrity over such a picayune detail that the UK government isn't even willing to seriously invest in, seems petulent and vindictive. This is far from the kind of high morality that many chauvenists such as yourself would claim for the western world vs. China.
No one is going to buy that but it shows exactly what we can expect when China is held accountable.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,928.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
If you think that China had something to do with Biden being elected, you may have got it right.
Donald's policies towards China were part of his lack of popularity among voters, but probably not at the forefront of most of their minds given everything else he screwed up.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Donald's policies towards China were part of his lack of popularity among voters, but probably not at the forefront of most of their minds given everything else he screwed up.
What was wrong with the Trump policies for China?

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat

Trump's capricious trade policies meant that American manufacturers paid more for parts used in manufacturing, and American farmers suffered from retaliatory tariffs.

People that think you can dump tariffs on Chinese products without affecting the American economy are simply ignorant of how American manufacturing actually works.

• Agree
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums