Some of my Mountain pictures

AlteWolf

Nov 6, 2005
✟15,476.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I thought I would post up some of my own mountain pics taken at home and abroad. From I was a kid I always loved looking at them ... then when I was old enough I started climbing them. Well here are some of the pics I have taken down the years.

They will be in no particular order, hope you like them :)

The first one was taken at the top of Ben Alligin North West Scotland, in February 1986

alligan_trp.jpg

The next one was taken on top of the Cuillin Ridge on the Scottish Island of Skye a few days later.

cuillin_in_pin.jpg

Well thats a start, I'll add a few more as I get the time.

Sep 6, 2005
Norway, near the sea
✟53,493.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Awesome pics, brother! Thank you for sharing them wiff us!

Have you heard of the mountains on the West coast of Norway, Sunnmørsalpene (= the Sunnmøre Alps)? They are great. Here's a website:
http://www.sunnmorealps.com/ it is only in Norwegian, unfortunately, but if you click on bilder (which means pictures), you can see a list of pics to click on. I live near these mountains. The view is awesome. Hope you'll enjoy the pics! :wave:

:clap: ^_^ I also found one with an article in English for you http://www.sunalp.no/ Just click on the little Union Jack on that webpage. That page has an awesome bildearkiv (picture gallery).

bilde_nedlasting.asp

Jønshorn

Upvote 0

AlteWolf

Nov 6, 2005
✟15,476.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
NorwayUnn said:
Awesome pics, brother! Thank you for sharing them wiff us!

Have you heard of the mountains on the West coast of Norway, Sunnmørsalpene (= the Sunnmøre Alps)? They are great. Here's a website:
http://www.sunnmorealps.com/ it is only in Norwegian, unfortunately, but if you click on bilder (which means pictures), you can see a list of pics to click on. I live near these mountains. The view is awesome. Hope you'll enjoy the pics! :wave:

:clap: ^_^ I also found one with an article in English for you http://www.sunalp.no/ Just click on the little Union Jack on that webpage. That page has an awesome bildearkiv (picture gallery).

bilde_nedlasting.asp

Jønshorn

Hi NorwayUnn,

You're right the pictures are fantastic, i liked the one of 'Patchellhytta' :D

The other site is amazing also ... some awesome shots. I liked this one
Hjelpekjelke.jpg

Reminds me of when I was involved in the Mountain Resue Team.

Thanks for sharing Sis :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

AlteWolf

Nov 6, 2005
✟15,476.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
soblessed53 said:
Ok now you two have just gotten too extreme for me! After watching "Vertical Limit" I just cannot take pictures such as "ice climbing" without my heart stopping,LOL! :eek: :eek: :eek: :cry: :cry: :cry: :help:

Its OK soblessed53 as I have gotten older I prefer to take my time in the Mountains. I like to sit down often and enjoy the view or a chat with my friends. We have an old saying here, that 'youth is wasted on the young' :thumbsup:

I was fortunate to survive mine by the grace of God :)

A favourite climber of mine is a guy called Reinhold Messner he comes off with some good old sayings. Here's one which I think you will appreciate :cool:

"There are OLD climbers and there are BOLD climbers BUT
there are no OLD BOLD climbers ;)

Thats me now :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Sep 6, 2005
Norway, near the sea
✟53,493.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
soblessed53 said:
Ok now you two have just gotten too extreme for me! After watching "Vertical Limit" I just cannot take pictures such as "ice climbing" without my heart stopping,LOL! :eek: :eek: :eek: :cry: :cry: :cry: :help:

My dear beloved sister soblessed, here's a hike you would have loved, I think. If you come to Norway, we could hike to the top of this hill, which is close to my home. Don't even need a car to get to the foot of the hill, as it is within walking distance from my home. The top of the hill is abt. 1500 feet high, that's not much though, compared to the mountains around here. I once sent you pics from a hike up there. Here's a nice pic of the top of the hill, where they have drawn the paths in white for you to see. I found it on the internet. The pic shows only a little part of the hill. You can walk for hours up there. Wouldn't it be something to take a Sunday hike up there, sis?

emble.jpg

Upvote 0

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
NorwayUnn said:
My dear beloved sister soblessed, here's a hike you would have loved, I think. If you come to Norway, we could hike to the top of this hill, which is close to my home. Don't even need a car to get to the foot of the hill, as it is within walking distance from my home. The top of the hill is abt. 1500 feet high, that's not much though, compared to the mountains around here. I once sent you pics from a hike up there. Here's a nice pic of the top of the hill, where they have drawn the paths in white for you to see. I found it on the internet. The pic shows only a little part of the hill. You can walk for hours up there. Wouldn't it be something to take a Sunday hike up there, sis?

emble.jpg

Oh yes,I think I could enjoy that height,but I'm not sure.I love mountains but from the foothills. These are all awesome pictures,and I don't even want to know how our brother's shots were taken LOL! Really I never had a movie effect me and scare me as much as "Vertical Limit", but it sure has.I can look at the mountains as long as there are no shots of climbers ON THE MOUNTAIN! :eek:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Wow, AlteWolf have you taken these pics yourself? you must be a professional photographer. Very,very fortunate to be able to travel all over also. Your photos are wonderful. Thank You And Norway unn for sharing God's awesome creation.:eek: :) :) :hug: :prayer: :groupray: :bow: :wave:

Upvote 0

AlteWolf

Nov 6, 2005
✟15,476.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have taken them myself but all credit to ma poor wee camera! except the one of Buchaille Etive Mor in Glencoe previous. I just wanted to include it because it looks so beautiful :)

Here are a couple more for you, I took this one earlier during the summer from the top of the Kehlstein in Southern Bavaria. It looks across over the tranquil Konigsee a crystal clear lake surrounded by steep mountains. Hope you like :wave:

6j.jpg

This is a beautiful wee blue flower on the top of the Kehlstein, not sure what it is but I thought it was beautiful. Isn't God good :)

6r.jpg

This is the little village of Heiligenblut high in the Austrian Mountains again I took it this summer.

9e.jpg

This last one for now shows the Grimsel Pass in Switzerland descending the mountain and rising again up the Furkha Pass.

10d.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the views sisters and brothers :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

StormeTorque

Floreat Dunelmia
Aug 28, 2003
Visit site
✟17,535.00
Faith
Agnostic
Nice pics - I've done quite a few of the munros, but only in spring and summer. Winter walking with crampons and an ice axe is something I'd like to do eventually though.

I did have a nice winter walk earlier in the year though near Strathyre - the hill was only 500m or so high and the snow was soft, but the views were nice. Here is one of the pics I got,

Attachments

• strathyre.JPG
    strathyre.JPG
    167.7 KB · Views: 47
Upvote 0