• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Featured Sola Scriptura; Helpful information; Teaching

Discussion in 'Controversial Christian Theology' started by Agallagher, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Hazelelponi

Hazelelponi Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,652
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    Homes are brick and mortar...

He's saying - to my ears - that the meeting of believers is unnecessary. I listed in my post, why I disagree, which is according to scripture...

2. Jesus is YHWH

Jesus is YHWH my Lord and my God ! Supporter

+914
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    OK thanks for clarifying it and we are in agreement !!

No lone rangers , even he had tonto :)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. convicted1

convicted1 Certified Flunky

+86
    Baptist
    Married
    He tossed Ephesians 4:11-16 right out the window when he said that. :(

4. Agallagher

Agallagher Undereducated.

+384
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    I don’t believe he said anything about meeting up and having conversations about the Bible and discussing it, in the video.

5. Tigger45

Tigger45 Jesus the Christ Supporter

+10,220
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Shawn actually pastors a congregation that’s akin to Calvary Chapel style worship services. So when he says we don’t need ‘brick and mortar’ churches I guess that only applies to mainline denominations and not non-denominational churches.

6. Liam Hayden

Liam Hayden New Member

+19
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Single
    "Is God not powerful enough to do the impossible."

God can do anything that is logically possible. If it is a logically impossible, a contradiction, then no. For example, "Can God make a stone so big that even He cannot move it?" Of course not. He is all-powerful, and all power cannot be thwarted by an obstacle. Can God make a married bachelor? Of course not, because that is a contradiction of terms.

7. 1213

1213 Disciple of Jesus

+1,027
    Christian
    Single
    Bible tells Holy Spirit is the spirit of truth. It leads person to truth. So, if person who has not heard of Bible, has Holy Spirit, it would also in that case lead him to the truth. I think these tell well what Holy Spirit does:

But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things, and will remind you of all that I said to you.
    John 14:26

When the Counselor [Greek Parakletos: Counselor, Helper, Advocate, Intercessor, and Comfortor.] has come, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth, who proceeds from the Father, he will testify about me.
    John 15:26

However when he, the Spirit of truth, has come, he will guide you into all truth, for he will not speak from himself; but whatever he hears, he will speak. He will declare to you things that are coming.
    John 16:13