Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
with the exception in communist countries such as china where we see the underground church meeting in homes.

Homes are brick and mortar...

He's saying - to my ears - that the meeting of believers is unnecessary. I listed in my post, why I disagree, which is according to scripture...

As far as a b&m church goes, the b&m is where we meet with the brethren, and it's essential. It doesn't matter if we are meeting in a park, or someones home, but the in person meeting of the local body is essential... without it there are no baptisms, no mentoring of one another, no building up of the body, no charity to one another, no Lords supper etc etc. It's essential.

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Homes are brick and mortar...

He's saying - to my ears - that the meeting of believers is unnecessary. I listed in my post, why I disagree, which is according to scripture...
OK thanks for clarifying it and we are in agreement !!

No lone rangers , even he had tonto :)

Upvote 0

Sovereign Grace

Certified Flunky
Jul 5, 2014
Right here, right now
✟43,036.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Brick and mortar. At the end of the video the speaker said we didn't need brick and mortar churches at all, for any reason... I disagree and listed my reasoning.
He tossed Ephesians 4:11-16 right out the window when he said that. :(

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,270,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Shawn actually pastors a congregation that’s akin to Calvary Chapel style worship services. So when he says we don’t need ‘brick and mortar’ churches I guess that only applies to mainline denominations and not non-denominational churches.

Reactions: Jesus is YHWH
Upvote 0

Liam Hayden

Nov 4, 2020
Newport Beach, California
✟9,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
"Is God not powerful enough to do the impossible."

God can do anything that is logically possible. If it is a logically impossible, a contradiction, then no. For example, "Can God make a stone so big that even He cannot move it?" Of course not. He is all-powerful, and all power cannot be thwarted by an obstacle. Can God make a married bachelor? Of course not, because that is a contradiction of terms.

Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
...what would you think that the Holy Spirit would do for someone in the life of someone who never read the Bible, yet have the spirit and maybe even they don’t know it yet they believe in something higher then themselves which they were created by?...

Bible tells Holy Spirit is the spirit of truth. It leads person to truth. So, if person who has not heard of Bible, has Holy Spirit, it would also in that case lead him to the truth. I think these tell well what Holy Spirit does:

But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things, and will remind you of all that I said to you.
John 14:26

When the Counselor [Greek Parakletos: Counselor, Helper, Advocate, Intercessor, and Comfortor.] has come, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth, who proceeds from the Father, he will testify about me.
John 15:26

However when he, the Spirit of truth, has come, he will guide you into all truth, for he will not speak from himself; but whatever he hears, he will speak. He will declare to you things that are coming.
John 16:13

Upvote 0