Nov 26, 2007
✟82,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You still get to keep the mug, though, and it's E. 8 per litre, not per half pint.

One might wonder why someone who doesn't even like beer knows these things.

I like a draft pills on a hot day. Or in a big tent full of partiers I have been known to buy a big liter mug just for the mug ;)

It was only $0.35 to me at the time. :)

Kind of hard to resist.

Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Antigone
In america cider is like apple juice and "hard cider" is like at about the same alcohol leval as beer

Oh, in that case I mean hard cider.

I learned to drink it in Ireland. There's no better place!

Upvote 0

stephenc

Euphemystic
Nov 19, 2006
✟21,782.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Cider? I think this is the Great British "Hair of the Dog" drink:

1045_lg.gif

Norwegian cider comes from Hardanger, the great apple-growing district. Also famous for it's spectacular scenery:

Sider_Hardanger_200_F_Eivor_Eriksen_Matmerk.jpg

*Rides in from the misty Heath.*

Hey, looks like the Wall Street operators are finding a new vocation ^_^.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I haven't had cider since I was 17. I didn't like it then - but it was the cheap stuff. I think I'd like good cider but I never see it over here.

Hey, all the more reason to finally take a trip to Eire!

Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Yes- wanted to go there ever since I was about 17. Still hasn't happened. :blush:

Hey, they have buildings going back as far as the 8th century. I'm thinking they'll probably be there for a while.

My parents love walks and really want to go on a holiday together, and they're thinking of doing the Wicklow Way. I'm trying to coax them into it, because it sounds awesome.

Upvote 0

Rebekka

meow meow meow meow meow meow
Oct 25, 2006
✟34,375.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Hey, they have buildings going back as far as the 8th century. I'm thinking they'll probably be there for a while.

My parents love walks and really want to go on a holiday together, and they're thinking of doing the Wicklow Way. I'm trying to coax them into it, because it sounds awesome.
Sounds great!

I'm all alone here - well, if you don't count the two kitties. Husband's at his mother's in the hospice and will stay there tonight. (I have to be here for the kitties.) I'm going to do something I never do: I'm going to have a drink all by myself. Fino sherry. And some olives because they go so well with sherry.

If anyone wants to join me, be my guest. :) (We need drinking smilies.) (I don't know if we have any - I only use the ones visible when you type, because the last 2 times when I clicked "more", I lost my entire post. :sigh: )

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.