✟70,310.00
Country
China
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to fruit and truth devotions

Be blessed as you read, pray and listen, if you have enjoyed them, please share.

I believe these devotions and the sermons to be spiritual dynamite. I want to reach as many as I can, if you have any friends, who wish to receive them. Please ask them to subscribe by emailing me at keitherichobkirk@hotmail.com

BE WATCHFUL AND STAND FIRM

“Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. Let all that you do be done in love… 1 Corinthians 16:13-14.”

Paul is finishing his letter that is full of instruction and rebuke. He leaves the church with five instructions that we need to obey and do in today's world.

Instruction #1: Be Watchful. What do we have to watch out for: One of the things is to watch out for the devil. He is prowling the earth like a roaring lion, seeking who he may devour. Therefore, be on your guard, and stay prayerful. Next, we have to watch out for the coming of the Lord Jesus. We are encouraged to look expectantly for Christ’s return. He is our blessed hope. (See Titus 2:13).

Instruction #2: Stand firm in the faith. In this day of error, we must be true to the Bible and to the highest standards of Christian conduct. In 1 Corinthians 15:58, Paul tells the saints to be steadfast. Many people are questioning scripture and saying this is wrong and that is wrong, and false teachers are rampant in the church. We must study the Bible so that we can properly understand the truth from error. (See II Timothy 2:15).

Instruction #3: Act like men. When Paul was writing this, I'm sure that he was thinking of some of the actions of this church. They hadn't acted like men! Indeed, they had acted like spoiled children. We are to be men in all our actions. So many men in the church are very womanly; they dress not as men should, and wear things that make them look effeminate. Remember that no one who is like this has any part in the Kingdom of God. Paul encouraged Timothy to be an example in every area of his life. 1 Timothy 4:12 says, "Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity." Paul and Jesus were real men, and have manly characteristics. We have a desperate need for manly Christians. That doesn't mean you have to the gym and start a bodybuilding program; However, you are called to be the man God’s word directs you to be.

Instruction #4: Be strong. Remember what God said to Joshua, “Be strong and courageous, for you shall cause these people to inherit the land that I swore to their fathers to give them. Only be strong and very courageous…” (Joshua 1:6). The end times are here; the days are evil, and we need to be courageous. We need to go into the world asking for the courage that Christ gives.

Instruction #5: Do everything in love. Sometimes we can be so courageous, or so strong, that we forget to act in love. Strength has to be balanced with love. These five rules if they are carried out and acted out in the lives of Christians will transform our lives for God's glory.

1 SAMUEL 15

20 And Saul said unto Samuel, Yea, I have obeyed the voice of the Lord, and have gone the way which the Lord sent me, and have brought Agag the king of Amalek, and have utterly destroyed the Amalekites. 21 But the people took of the spoil, sheep and oxen, the chief of the things which should have been utterly destroyed, to sacrifice unto the Lord thy God in Gilgal.

DIRECT DISOBEDIENCE

Saul was told to completely destroy Amalek. Why would God want Saul to do this?

Amalek was the one who attacked the weak rearguard of Israel. In Exodus chapter 17 they were terrible, and it took all the prayers of Moses to support Joshua as he fought against them. So they were very evil people and God wanted them to be destroyed, as they were a people who not only attacked the children of Israel, but also led them into idol worship.

When sin and disobedience is in the believer's life, they will make many excuses. The origins are in the Garden of Eden, when Adam blamed Eve. She blamed the serpent who hadn't got a leg to stand on, so to speak.

Saul heard the words of Samuel in verse 3. He knew what God wanted him to do, but he was like Achan; he saw the good things and kept them. He destroyed all the rubbish of Amalek, but kept the best things to do what - sacrifice unto the Lord?

How often are we like Saul? We are told to completely destroy some pet sin, but we keep the best parts of it. We think that God will be satisfied with partial obedience. and God comes like Samuel did and says ‘What means the bleating of the sheep in my ears?’. We try and hide our sin from God, thinking that partial obedience is true obedience when in fact it is direct disobedience.

We blame other. Let's say we have the sin of pride, and we say to God ‘Well I have got rid of it. But look at him/her: they have this sin or that sin and I haven't’. Well, you still have the sin of pride, however much you may try to hide it.

The people did not keep the sheep and the oxen; the order to do this came from the top, from Saul himself.

Are you disobeying God Christian, and then blaming someone else for your sin? You need to take responsibility for your actions.

Are you still keeping an Agag in your life? Look at what Samuel did to Agag and he was an old man!!!

It is tiime to obey the Lord fully and to destroy the Amalekites and Agag's in your life.

Remember, if you don't they will turn into Haman, who in the book of Esther put the children of Israel in serious peril, and it was only because God graciously intervened that they were saved.

Do not play around with sin believer, do as Samuel did and hack your Agag to pieces and wholly follow the Lord.

Amen

Keith

1 SAMUEL 15

22 And Samuel said, Hath the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the Lord? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams.

23 For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the Lord, he hath also rejected thee from being king.

GOD'S DELIGHT AND GOD'S HATRED

It is always the case with the true minister of God, that when they have to confront anybody and in this case and in Samuel's case, it was the king, that they didn't compromise about speaking directly and called Sin.. Sin.

The context is set in verse 21, Saul uses te excuse of sacrificing these animals to God. but did God ask for a sacrifice to Him, no he asked for obedience to his word.

Let me give you a modern example, we can give our money week after week into the offering box and still not be obeying God. We can come to church on sunday and still not be obeying God, we can go through all the religous rituals we want and still not be obeying God.

Let me ask you these questions

When is the last time you shared your faith with someone? Matthew 28 and Mark 16

When is the last time you hosted another believer in your home? 1 Peter 4:9

When have you forgiven another brother and sister Colossians 3:13

All commands in the bible.. yes. So were they put there for our interest.. or our obedience.

So when we don't do them.. please tell me what it is?

DISOBEDIENCE

And what is disobedience likened to, well to witchcraft. Strong words to me and you. we know we are to do these things and yet we either won't or don't.

Disobedience is an act of the will, it is not an emotion. It is seated in the flesh, that is why it is likened to stubbornness and inquity.

Let me tell you that I am probably the biggest culprit, when it comes to this. I pick and choose which commands I obey.

God does not want you sacrifices church, he wants your and my obedience.

He clearly states that these sacrifices are not something he accepts. The children of Israel tried to give God lots of sacrifices, lots of words. but it did not mean anything to God because these words came from a heart that was not true to him. They were false sacrifices from a heart far away from Him.

The Jewish leaders tried this; they were rejected. Why, because they thought their sacrifices and they tithed even their herbs meant more to God than their obedience to him and his word.

God called them empty whitewashed tombs full of dead men's bones!!

Are you an empty tomb full of dead men's bones?

God bless you

Keith

SOAK IN SCRIPTURE

FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT SERIES

The Fruit of the Spirit is Joy (Part 1)

Brian Cochran | The Fruit of the Spirit

sermonaudio.com/sermon/82012056168

The Fruit of the Spirit is Joy (Part 2)

sermonaudio.com/sermon/8201210410

The Fruit of the Spirit is Peace (Part 1)

sermonaudio.com/sermon/9212224200

The Fruit of the Spirit is Peace (Part 2)

sermonaudio.com/sermon/92122211341

The Fruit of the Spirit is Patience: With Sinful and Annoying People

sermonaudio.com/sermon/99122147413

The Fruit of the Spirit is Patience: With God's Timing

sermonaudio.com/sermon/9912213955

The Fruit of the Spirit is Kindness and Goodness (Part 1)

sermonaudio.com/sermon/916122118593

The Fruit of the Spirit is Kindness and Goodness (Part 2)

sermonaudio.com/sermon/916122123527