• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

JeffTheAmericanChristian

Oct 2, 2021
Louisville, Kentucky
✟10,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Hello, everybody. I suffer from social anxiety, and I'm looking for others who have gone through, or are going through, the same situation. In other words, I would only like responses from those who have actually battled this kind of anxiety in their own lives. Please tell me what helps you to reduce or eliminate social anxiety in your life. Thanks in advance.

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yep! What helps me is simply tuning everybody out until I am face to face with someone. I don’t make eye contact with folks, look at other people, or interact with them much. I try to pray before I leave the house; that helps me stay calmer and more focused.

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,273,563.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
What I have learned is social anxiety is effected by self esteem and self esteem is effected by external and internal input. Establishing positive internal and external input greatly reduces social anxiety.

Upvote 0

JeffTheAmericanChristian

Oct 2, 2021
Louisville, Kentucky
✟10,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Yep! What helps me is simply tuning everybody out until I am face to face with someone. I don’t make eye contact with folks, look at other people, or interact with them much. I try to pray before I leave the house; that helps me stay calmer and more focused.
Thank you. That's very helpful.

Upvote 0

JeffTheAmericanChristian

Oct 2, 2021
Louisville, Kentucky
✟10,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
What I have learned is social anxiety is effected by self esteem and self esteem is effected by external and internal input. Establishing positive internal and external input greatly reduces social anxiety.
Yeah, I've struggled with self esteem issues as well. Thank you for your advice.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you. That's very helpful.
You’re super welcome! I’ve realized that at 37, my social anxiety is going absolutely no where, so I’ve decided to try to live with it, and work around it. Bless you!

Upvote 0

JeffTheAmericanChristian

Oct 2, 2021
Louisville, Kentucky
✟10,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
You’re super welcome! I’ve realized that at 37, my social anxiety is going absolutely no where, so I’ve decided to try to live with it, and work around it. Bless you!
Bless you as well! I'm 47, so I think my anxiety is going nowhere, either.

• Friendly
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,720.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hello, everybody. I suffer from social anxiety, and I'm looking for others who have gone through, or are going through, the same situation. In other words, I would only like responses from those who have actually battled this kind of anxiety in their own lives. Please tell me what helps you to reduce or eliminate social anxiety in your life. Thanks in advance.

I've had social and separation anxiety my entire life. I understand but at the same time, I've never gotten better or over my Psychiatric trauma and the ilk so I don't know if I'm the best person to talk to about how to get better unfortunately. I merely can relate.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

JeffTheAmericanChristian

Oct 2, 2021
Louisville, Kentucky
✟10,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I've had social and separation anxiety my entire life. I understand but at the same time, I've never gotten better or over my Psychiatric trauma and the ilk so I don't know if I'm the best person to talk to about how to get better unfortunately. I merely can relate.
It's good to know there are others like me. Thank you.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,540.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello! I tend to try and avoid certain people and certain situations. Being asked lots of questions or nagged, without being given time to think and formulate an answer, or being asked questions in front of a group of people. I try to avoid people who do that.

God Bless :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JeffTheAmericanChristian

Oct 2, 2021
Louisville, Kentucky
✟10,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Hello! I tend to try and avoid certain people and certain situations. Being asked lots of questions or nagged, without being given time to think and formulate an answer, or being asked questions in front of a group of people. I try to avoid people who do that.

God Bless :)
God bless you, and thank you.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,720.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
It's good to know there are others like me. Thank you.

You're welcome. It's difficult to talk to others in person. Do you go to church? That could be a good place to start meeting and talking to people.

Upvote 0

JeffTheAmericanChristian

Oct 2, 2021
Louisville, Kentucky
✟10,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
You're welcome. It's difficult to talk to others in person. Do you go to church? That could be a good place to start meeting and talking to people.
I do go to church, although I want to be more involved than just the Sunday service. The place where I've been going has many friendly people.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,720.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I do go to church, although I want to be more involved than just the Sunday service. The place where I've been going has many friendly people.

There you go! Talk to them, maybe join your bible study group it's easier to talk to people in your church than it is to talk to strangers.

Another thing I thought of. If you're big into the world's online community like I am you can try talking to people on discord. Good way to learn communicating with people. I have a lot o f discord groups I'm a part of and just had met someone this morning who has a wife with the same name as mine (Jeanette) so we bonded this morning nicely actually.

• Agree
Upvote 0