Senior Veteran
Jan 19, 2007
Visit site
✟10,980.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So after you are made clean by His blood, why do you continue sinning and stay with iniquity and nothing is changed?

Everything is changed!

Colossians 1 "12 giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light. 13 He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, 14 in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins."

It's all about what He did. It's all about His tremendous love for us.

Maturity is a process. Redemption is not.

And if someone sins we have Someone who stands before the Father and advocates for us because His blood took away all our sins - past, present, and future.

1 John 2 " 1 My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. 2 And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world."

He paid the price for the sins of all mankind in all times. The only way to accept that payment is to accept Jesus. You can stand before the Father with your own righteousness or with Jesus'.

1 Corinthians 1 "30He is the source of your life in Christ Jesus, whom God made our wisdom and our righteousness and sanctification and redemption. 31Therefore, as it is written, "Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord.""

Reddogs, at what point does Jesus become your righteousness?

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
So after you are made clean by His blood, why do you continue sinning and stay with iniquity and nothing is changed?

Gal 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness [come] by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Questions dont always aticulate the word of God. You have a motive to reason that" 9 of 10 is not 10 of 10"

If you think about it, most christians have no trouble keeping 9 of the 10 as SDA say "we have trouble with the 4th."

Well, The same God who gave Moses the ten came and offically gaves gentiles only Two commandments.

Faith is all about Christ.com
Christ's commandent #1 teaches us How to Love God through believing in His Son thus fulfilling ten.com #1-4.....and Christ.com #2, is to love our neighbors, which is 10.com #5-10

Faith is, in who is Jesus Christ and what He has done for us by His life, death and ressurection. Our response must be "I believe". Jesus is our sabbath. Faith fulfills what the COI had to do to prove they worshipped the creator. That's why christains in some text are told to love their neighbors, because "being in Christ" is proof of who God and His Son are.
We dont have to prove who the creator is, when we believe who His Son is.

He deligently taught us so many things epecially how to pray.

Why would He nor His apostle introduce the gentiles to the Sabbath if we're to keep that commandment?

We have scripture on these arguments showing that those under the Law are actually rejecting the blood of Jesus Christ.

Gal 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness [come] by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

I am not one of those who treats the grace of God as meaningless. For if we could be saved by keeping the law, then there was no need for Christ to die.

Upvote 0

freeindeed2

In Christ We Are FREE!
Feb 1, 2007
A mile high.
✟79,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
By this question are you implying that you're keeping, at LEAST, the 10 commandments perfectly?

If not, why do you continue to lift up what condemns you?

Upvote 0

Jon0388g

Veteran
Aug 11, 2006
London
✟16,667.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
No, our spirit does not die when we sin because our reborn spirit is based on His sinlessness.

Hi Eila,

I find this statement interesting. Have you got any Scriptural backing for it?

Also, does this mean that a newly born spirit can never "die" or fall away from God?? In a word....thanks.

Jon

Upvote 0

Jon0388g

Veteran
Aug 11, 2006
London
✟16,667.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
The 10 commandments are NOT the law of love. They are law of condemnation.

2 Corinthians 3 "7 But if the ministry of death, written and engraved on stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of the glory of his countenance, which glory was passing away, 8 how will the ministry of the Spirit not be more glorious? 9 For if the ministry of condemnation had glory, the ministry of righteousness exceeds much more in glory. 10 For even what was made glorious had no glory in this respect, because of the glory that excels. 11 For if what is passing away was glorious, what remains is much more glorious.
12 Therefore, since we have such hope, we use great boldness of speech— 13 unlike Moses, who put a veil over his face so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the end of what was passing away. 14 But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ. 15 But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart. 16 Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 17 Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 18 But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord."

Eila, I think your view is a little unbalanced. Nobody is questioning Scripture, and the above quote is valid.

But, it is obvious that you have an issue with the Ten Commandments being embodied with the love of God. You turn to the passage in 2 Corinthians every time, to cast the Law in a negative light.

Yes, the law is a 'ministry of death.' But, elsewhere, we find that this same law is termed:

"So speak and so act as those who are to be judged by the law of liberty." James 2:12

James references the two of the Decalogue to illustrate his point. But, he refers to the command "You shall love your neighbour as yourself" as the "royal" law. If you love your neighbour, you are fulfilling the royal law, and the Ten Commandments, because you will not murder, or commit adultery, if you love.

The passage in 2 Corinthians confirms that the Decalogue is a ministry of death - to those who are under Law. But, are saved Christians under Law? "We are not under Law, but under grace." We stand on the law when we accept Jesus, His grace is sufficient. Is the Law abolished? No.

By casting the Decalogue in a negative light, you contradict Romans:

"Therefore, did that which is good become a cause of death for me? May it never be! Rather it was sin, in order that it might be shown to be sin, by effecting my death through that which is good, so that through the commandment sin would become utterly sinful." Romans 7:13

I think it is dangerous to bang on about the Law being a ministry of death. That verse does not imply what you take it to imply. Romans 7:13 explains to you what it means. Furthermore, David had it spot on:

"I delight to do Your will, O my God; Your Law is within my heart." Psalm 40:8

Jon

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes, the law is a 'ministry of death.' But, elsewhere, we find that this same law is termed:

"So speak and so act as those who are to be judged by the law of liberty." James 2:12

James references the two of the Decalogue to illustrate his point. But, he refers to the command "You shall love your neighbour as yourself" as the "royal" law. If you love your neighbour, you are fulfilling the royal law, and the Ten Commandments, because you will not murder, or commit adultery, if you love.
Jon

Jesus, John Paul and James reemphasis these two commands as commandments of Christ. The fact that they were part of the old, doesn't mean that these two commandment are not commanded in the new covenant.

Your argument is just an argument, it does not bring any the 10.com into the 2.com

Happy Sabbath

Upvote 0

Eila

Senior Veteran
Jan 19, 2007
Visit site
✟10,980.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Eila,

I find this statement interesting. Have you got any Scriptural backing for it?

Yes, our spirit is what is reborn. When we are born again our physical body does not change.

John 3 says "5 Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. "

This text says that the spirit is what is born again.

1 Peter 1 "23 having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever,"

We were born again and our spirit is not corruptible, but incorruptible.

Also in 1 John 3 it says "5 And you know that He was manifested to take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin. 6 Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him.
7 Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. 8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil. 9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God."

The seed is the life and righteousness given to us by God. No sin can kill this seed because this seed is based on Jesus' righteousness. In Him there is no sin and that is where we reside. Does that mean I will never do anything wrong? No, it means that this seed is not destroyed by my sin. My sin was forever taken away.

Phillipians 3 says "8 Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ 9 and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith;"

The only righteousness we can have when we stand before God is our own or Jesus'. Which would you prefer?

Colossians 3 "1 If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God. 2 Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth. 3 For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God."

1 Corinthians 1 "29so that no human being[c] might boast in the presence of God. 30He is the source of your life in Christ Jesus, whom God made our wisdom and our righteousness and sanctification and redemption. 31Therefore, as it is written, "Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord."

He is the source of our life! Our spirits were dead, but in Christ they are made alive! This alive spirit is based on Jesus' perfectness.

Romans 8 "10But if Christ lives in you, [then although] your [natural] body is dead by reason of sin and guilt, the spirit is alive because of [the] righteousness [that He imputes to you].
11And if the Spirit of Him Who raised up Jesus from the dead dwells in you, [then] He Who raised up Christ Jesus from the dead will also restore to life your mortal (short-lived, perishable) bodies through His Spirit Who dwells in you."

He dwells in us and our spirit is made alive because of His righteousness.

Ephesians 2 "1 And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, 2 in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, 3 among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), 6 and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, 7 that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them."

We were made alive together with Christ. We received His perfectness, His righteousness.

2 Corinthians 5 " 14 For the love of Christ compels us, because we judge thus: that if One died for all, then all died; 15 and He died for all, that those who live should live no longer for themselves, but for Him who died for them and rose again. "

Jesus died for everyone and took care of the sin problem for everyone! Yet, some people are still dead in their sins because life is only available by grace through faith in Jesus.

"16 Therefore, from now on, we regard no one according to the flesh. Even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know Him thus no longer. 17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new."

We are a new creation in Christ! We were dead, but now we are alive!! Not only are we alive, but we are a brand new creation in Him.

"18 Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, 19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.
20 Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ’s behalf, be reconciled to God. 21 For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him."

He was made to be sin for us so that we could have His righteousness!! Praise God :clap:

Also, does this mean that a newly born spirit can never "die" or fall away from God?? In a word....thanks.

Jon

In a one word answer - no

In a longer version :) You cannot lose your salvation by sinning because you don't attain your salvation by doing good works. You can only lose your salvation by no longer believing in Jesus as your Savior.

Colossians 1 "19 For it pleased the Father that in Him all the fullness should dwell, 20 and by Him to reconcile all things to Himself, by Him, whether things on earth or things in heaven, having made peace through the blood of His cross.
21 And you, who once were alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now He has reconciled 22 in the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight— 23 if indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you heard, which was preached to every creature under heaven, of which I, Paul, became a minister."

Salvation is all only received by grace through faith and is only lost when we do not continue to have faith in Him.

Upvote 0

Eila

Senior Veteran
Jan 19, 2007
Visit site
✟10,980.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But, it is obvious that you have an issue with the Ten Commandments being embodied with the love of God. You turn to the passage in 2 Corinthians every time, to cast the Law in a negative light.

Yes, I think looking at James is a good thing to do. I think many people assume the law of liberty is talking about the 10 commandments.

James 2

"8If indeed you [really] fulfill the royal Law in accordance with the Scripture, You shall love your neighbor as [you love] yourself, you do well."

The royal law here the command repeated all throughout the new covenant. This is the new covenant law - to love one another.

"9But if you show servile regard (prejudice, favoritism) for people, you commit sin and are rebuked and convicted by the Law as violators and offenders.
10For whosoever keeps the Law [as a] whole but stumbles and offends in one [single instance] has become guilty of [breaking] all of it.
11For He Who said, You shall not commit adultery, also said, You shall not kill. If you do not commit adultery but do kill, you have become guilty of transgressing the [whole] Law."

We see that if you break one part of the law you are guilty of the whole thing. The law of sin and death convicts you and sentences you to death.

"12So speak and so act as [people should] who are to be judged under the law of liberty [the moral instruction given by Christ, especially about love]."

The law of liberty is not the law that condemns. Condemnation and liberty cannot coexist. The law in the new covenant is to love.

Romans 8 says " 2For the law of the Spirit of life [which is] in Christ Jesus [the law of our new being] has freed me from the law of sin and of death."

We are freed from the law of sin and death.

The passage in 2 Corinthians confirms that the Decalogue is a ministry of death - to those who are under Law. But, are saved Christians under Law? "We are not under Law, but under grace." We stand on the law when we accept Jesus, His grace is sufficient. Is the Law abolished? No.

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying? Are you saying that your position moved from "under" the law to "on top" of the law?

By casting the Decalogue in a negative light, you contradict Romans:

"Therefore, did that which is good become a cause of death for me? May it never be! Rather it was sin, in order that it might be shown to be sin, by effecting my death through that which is good, so that through the commandment sin would become utterly sinful." Romans 7:13

I think it is dangerous to bang on about the Law being a ministry of death. That verse does not imply what you take it to imply. Romans 7:13 explains to you what it means. Furthermore, David had it spot on:

"I delight to do Your will, O my God; Your Law is within my heart." Psalm 40:8

Jon

The Bible does say the law is a ministry of death. Not only that but Paul warns about the law earlier in Romans 7.

Romans 7 "1 Or do you not know, brethren (for I speak to those who know the law), that the law has dominion over a man as long as he lives? 2 For the woman who has a husband is bound by the law to her husband as long as he lives. But if the husband dies, she is released from the law of her husband. 3 So then if, while her husband lives, she marries another man, she will be called an adulteress; but if her husband dies, she is free from that law, so that she is no adulteress, though she has married another man. 4 Therefore, my brethren, you also have become dead to the law through the body of Christ, that you may be married to another—to Him who was raised from the dead, that we should bear fruit to God. 5 For when we were in the flesh, the sinful passions which were aroused by the law were at work in our members to bear fruit to death. 6 But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter."

Paul here says that those who seek to be under the law and have faith in Jesus are committing adultery! We must become dead to the law so we can be married to Him. If we are dead to the law we are not under it or on top of it.

Notice the correlation of these verses:

LAW - Romans 7 "20 Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me."

FAITH - Galatians 2 "20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me."

We must die to the law in order to live to God.

Galatians 2 "19 For I through the law died to the law that I might live to God."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ricker

Feb 25, 2007
Minnesota
✟19,844.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Salvation is all only received by grace through faith and is only lost when we do not continue to have faith in Him.
Thank you so much Eila for sharing those powerful scriptures with us. "If anybody comes and tells you the Good News and it doesn't sound like good news, then it's not the Good News." - Michael D. Bridges

Upvote 0

sumofox

Apr 14, 2007
Florida
✟7,694.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You dont?:doh: No further comments:sorry:

Not to throw a rock in SDA theory, but "transgression of the Law" is not a definition, it is one of many explanation of what sin is but not the word "sin". The word "sin" in Hebrew is chatta'ah {khat-taw-aw'} one definition is "to miss"
In greek Sin is "hamartia" some definitions are, to miss the mark", "to err", "to be mistaken"

We all know that Adam first sinned. So your series of questions are a ploy to contradict Rom5:13 and implant the Law given before Adam Sinned. (nice trick)

Rm5:13for until the law sin was in the world; but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

Twisted theology that warrant only a:sigh:

The wage of sin is death

:doh:( Aha, Now, you use words that trully defines sin.) We were created in God image, so we are called to be Holy. We are made clean by the blood of Jesus Christ.

the answer is Yes and texts proves it;
1Jo 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

1Jo 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

1Jo 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1Jo 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

CRIB

Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned.
You forgot to read the above bible text Romans 5:12 ;)

Upvote 0

Messianic Jewboy

Senior Veteran
Dec 17, 2006
Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
✟12,170.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Sin is missing the target in Hebrew.

What target?

The law shows us when we miss the mark.

There is no other places in scripture that says...'And the L-rd said to Moses speak to the children of Israel and say'

Marc

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned.
You forgot to read the above bible text Romans 5:12 ;)
Welcome to the forum................ Fact is, Paul explains in verse 12, how sin began in humanity, "through one man," "(Adam)"

Death in Adam, Life in Christ
12Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned—
13for sin indeed was in the world before the law was given, but sin is not counted where there is no law.
14Yet death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those whose sinning was not like the transgression of Adam, who was a type of the one who was to come.

15But the free gift is not like the trespass. For if many died through one man's trespass, much more have the grace of God and the free gift by the grace of that one man Jesus Christ abounded for many.
16And the free gift is not like the result of that one man's sin. For the judgment following one trespass brought condemnation, but the free gift following many trespasses brought justification.
17If, because of one man's trespass, death reigned through that one man, much more will those who receive the abundance of grace and the free gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man Jesus Christ.

18Therefore, as one trespass led to condemnation for all men, so one act of righteousness leads to justification and life for all men.
19For as by the one man's disobedience the many were made sinners, so by the one man's obedience the many will be made righteous.
20Now the law came in to increase the trespass, but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more,21so that, as sin reigned in death, grace also might reign through righteousness leading to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Text convey that Law came to illustrate what sin is, making it more sinful. So our need for God's mercy shows even greater.

In Peace
CRIB

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Amen. So the law isn't too bad after all.

Marc

Face it Marc, You know, and I know, that the law does'nt itemize sins that we've been commiting in our lives. By the law we're pretty good...but text say we're not judged by the Law Marc?
The law take up no issues next to that redneck flag or that centerfold. The law takes up no issue with surfing da net. No issue with a keg of beer this weekend.

Ask yourself Marc, What laws does God have written on your heart?

Marc for me, it's about how to treat my wife. How to be faithfully attend church services. How to be a better dad. It about trusting God rather than my ability to get justice. It's about getting to work on time. It's about tithing...(sheeze, that enough about me:o )

Why would God write laws on my heart laws that describes sin that I dont have trouble with?:doh: Is my God so impersonal that one size fit's all?:scratch:

CRIB

Upvote 0

Messianic Jewboy

Senior Veteran
Dec 17, 2006
Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
✟12,170.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Face it Marc, You know, and I know, that the law does'nt itemize sins that we've been commiting in our lives. By the law we're pretty good...but text say we're not judged by the Law Marc?
The law take up no issues next to that redneck flag or that centerfold. The law takes up no issue with surfing da net. No issue with a keg of beer this weekend.

Ask yourself Marc, What laws does God have written on your heart?

Marc for me, it's about how to treat my wife. How to be faithfully attend church services. How to be a better dad. It about trusting God rather than my ability to get justice. It's about getting to work on time. It's about tithing...(sheeze, that enough about me:o )

Why would God write laws on my heart laws that describes sin that I dont have trouble with?:doh: Is my God so impersonal that one size fit's all?:scratch:

Do you find it hard to accept that G-d has standards we are to live by and they are written in our bibles?

Or do you believe in a 'free spirit' life?

Note not all spirits are from G-d.

Marc

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Do you find it hard to accept that G-d has standards we are to live by and they are written in our bibles?

Or do you believe in a 'free spirit' life?

Note not all spirits are from G-d.

Marc

Read it again Marc, God's standard is Holiness because He is Holy. By creating man in His image and after His likeness, this means that we were Holy until sin came into the world.

Moses taught righteousness by keeping the Law.
Christians are taught righteousness by faith.

Faith is not lawlessness Marc, it is knowing a very present God that forgives sins and teaches love.

CRIB

Upvote 0

Messianic Jewboy

Senior Veteran
Dec 17, 2006
Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
✟12,170.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
God's standard is Holiness because He is Holy

I agree.

Where do we find these standards?

Are they written so we know what it is?

Or do we go about life with a 'free spirit' or 'spirit of liberty?

How do we know if the Spirit is leading us in the right direction because not all spirits are from G-d.

That's why we have Bibles.

There is such thing as faith that is lawlessness.

Just because you have Jesus does that mean you can be lawless?

Marc

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I agree.

Where do we find these standards?

Are they written so we know what it is?

Well Marc, when we read the first 10 chapters of the bible, the standards you're presenting are not an issue. If they are, post the texts. When do we first hear about The Law and to whom was it first given?

Gen 6:5And GOD saw that the wickedness of man [was] great in the earth, and [that] every imagination of the thoughts of his heart [was] only evil continually.

Gen 6:11The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.

Gen 6:12And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.

Gen 6:13And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

The reason for posting these texts, is to show what is written about sin in order to investigate if breaking a Law is implied.

Texts mentions that men were, wicked, evil thoughts continually, corrupt, and violent.
Marc, No law is mentioned as given or broken thus far.
Why should we not accept Moses words as sequential truths that God has provided for our learning about the history of God and man?
--------------------------------------------------
Marc said:
Or do we go about life with a 'free spirit' or 'spirit of liberty?
Hmmm, "the spirit of liberty" , liberty is from the law, not from sin Marc.....Sin is never free, the wages of sin has alway been death from the beginning before any law was given.
When we put our eyes on the Law, we're telling God that our effort to keep these commandments will helped to save us and therefore we earn salvation.

When we put our eyes on faith, we're telling God that we believe Jesus has died for our sin and raised from the dead and we're raised with Him, to bring a Holy Sacrifice to God. No longer living as if this world and it's system is our priority, but rather the commandments that Christ taught, to love God and our neighbors.

Marc said:
How do we know if the Spirit is leading us in the right direction because not all spirits are from G-d.
We know that the spirit speaks only about Christ and what His resurrection mean to us. The spirit opens our eye to the written word of God. Those who come to you preaching the Law is not sent by Christ nor by the Holy Spirit or the apostles.
Jhn 14:26 — But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Marc said:
That's why we have Bibles.
You can bet you life on it:thumbsup:

Marc said:
There is such thing as faith that is lawlessness.

Just because you have Jesus does that mean you can be lawless?
Why should we defend bogus arguments, text says we're not under the Law but does not mean we should sin?

CRIB

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.