Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It's hard to say what the future holds but after living here in Virginia since January, 2021 and now being married for about five months, my family and I are picking up and leaving to go move in with my in-laws on Long Island. My job has been generous enough to grant me permission to work from home, though at this point the arrangement is only through the end of November so I'll have to sort that out because while I make decent money, it's nowhere near enough to support a family of (almost) five in Northern Virginia.

So here we go, we're hoping to stay with her parents for a year. My step kids will finish out high school back home where their friends are, though we're not going to send them back to their old public school, we'll keep them enrolled in homeschool. But with my wife at about 17 weeks now we think it'd be a good idea to have the extra family support for the baby when he gets here (yes we just found out it's going to be a boy).

It'll also, hopefully, work wonders for my wife's spiritual life. She's someone who needs community around her for her faith to thrive and she hasn't had that in almost a year here. So she'll get to plug back into what she had up there and hopefully heal and grow. We're also applying to do something called Samuel Group in NYC, we think it'd be a good thing for the both of us and hopefully get us over some humps in our new marriage.

My hope, far fetched though it may be, is that after that year is up we'll be able to move back to my hometown in California. I want to be close to my family because this is my family's first of the next generation. My dad has an 11-year-old grandson from my half-sister but they're not close cause my sister's always been somewhere else. I really want my parents to know my son and my son to know my parents - my maternal grandpa died 11 years before I was born and my paternal grandpa died when I was 12, and he lived three hours away. So I just don't have many memories with any but one grandparent. I don't want that to be the case with my son. Plus in a year's time my step kids will be done with high school and, whether they decide to stay with us or not is up to them. So if they come with us I won't feel as guilty about them leaving their home.

A lot going on in this clan... prayers would be lovely if you feel so compelled.

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
It's hard to say what the future holds but after living here in Virginia since January, 2021 and now being married for about five months, my family and I are picking up and leaving to go move in with my in-laws on Long Island. My job has been generous enough to grant me permission to work from home, though at this point the arrangement is only through the end of November so I'll have to sort that out because while I make decent money, it's nowhere near enough to support a family of (almost) five in Northern Virginia.

So here we go, we're hoping to stay with her parents for a year. My step kids will finish out high school back home where their friends are, though we're not going to send them back to their old public school, we'll keep them enrolled in homeschool. But with my wife at about 17 weeks now we think it'd be a good idea to have the extra family support for the baby when he gets here (yes we just found out it's going to be a boy).

It'll also, hopefully, work wonders for my wife's spiritual life. She's someone who needs community around her for her faith to thrive and she hasn't had that in almost a year here. So she'll get to plug back into what she had up there and hopefully heal and grow. We're also applying to do something called Samuel Group in NYC, we think it'd be a good thing for the both of us and hopefully get us over some humps in our new marriage.

My hope, far fetched though it may be, is that after that year is up we'll be able to move back to my hometown in California. I want to be close to my family because this is my family's first of the next generation. My dad has an 11-year-old grandson from my half-sister but they're not close cause my sister's always been somewhere else. I really want my parents to know my son and my son to know my parents - my maternal grandpa died 11 years before I was born and my paternal grandpa died when I was 12, and he lived three hours away. So I just don't have many memories with any but one grandparent. I don't want that to be the case with my son. Plus in a year's time my step kids will be done with high school and, whether they decide to stay with us or not is up to them. So if they come with us I won't feel as guilty about them leaving their home.

A lot going on in this clan... prayers would be lovely if you feel so compelled.

Prayers for you and your family and the future. God bless you and your family on your journey .

Upvote 0