SO THERE IS NO SCRIPTURE THAT TEACHES GOD'S 4TH COMMANDMENT IS ABOLISHED? THEN WHO SHOULD WE BELIEVE

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Romans 8:1-11 This clears it all up. If you are born again, you are not condemned. THAT is the GOSPEL. It’s not the law, which is all that the OP preaches. Folks, believe the gospel and be free from the burden of law-keeping. It’s a millstone around your neck.

SIN is the transgression of God's LAW. Those who are Born Again do not practice sin.

1 JOHN 3:3-10
[3], And every man that has this hope in him purifies himself, even as he is pure.
[4], Whoever commits sin transgresses also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
[5], And you know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
[6], Whoever abides in him sins not: whoever sins has not seen him, neither known him.
[7], Little children, let no man deceive you: he that does righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
[8], He that commits sin is of the devil; for the devil sins from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
[9], Whoever is born of God does not commit sin; for his seed remains in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
[10], In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whoever does not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loves not his brother.

Those who practice known unrepentant sin do not know him and need to be Born again.

1 JOHN 2:3-4
[3], And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
[4], He that says, I know him, and keeps not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

According to God's WORD all those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23.

There is no burden in the law. All the law does if give us the knowledge of what sin is *ROMANS 3:20; 1 JOHN 3:4. The burden is SIN which will keep all those how practice it out of God's Kingdom *ROMANS 2:4-13.

If salvation is from sin *JOHN 8:31-36 then how can you have a gospel if you do not know what sin is *ROMANS 3:20?

JESUS says they that be whole do not need a physician but those who are sick go and learn what that means. I have no come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance *MATTHEW 9:12-13.

What do you think those scripture means?

God bless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,726,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
1 And you were dead in the trespasses and sins
2 in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience-
3 among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind.
4 But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us,
5 even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ-by grace you have been saved- - Ephesians 2:1-5

Gospel.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,726,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
SIN is the transgression of God's LAW. Those who are Born Again do not practice sin.
13 And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses,
14 by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross. - Colossians 2:13-14

Gospel.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,726,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
20 I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
21 I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness were through the law, then Christ died for no purpose. - Galatians 2:20-21

Gospel.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,726,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
5 And to the one who does not work but believes in him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness,
6 just as David also speaks of the blessing of the one to whom God counts righteousness apart from works:
7 "Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven, and whose sins are covered;
8 blessed is the man against whom the Lord will not count his sin." - Romans 4:5-8

Gospel.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Back to the OP :).

Does anyone want to have a go at the OP questions?

1. If there is no scripture that says God's 4th commandment that gives us a knowledge of what sin is when broken has been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day. Why do many ignore God's WORD to follow the teachings and traditions of men?

2. Who does God's WORD define as being God's true people?

3. In light of MATTHEW 15:3-9; Who should we believe and follow; God or man?

4. Are those who continue in a life of known unrepentant sin in a saved state before God or in an unsaved state before God?

Look forward to your thoughts...

God bless

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,104.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I am not avoiding any questions asked of you and have provided you with the scriptures that directly answer your questions. When I ask you what do you think those scriptures mean you avoid answering the questions asked of you.

Like I said earlier if you do not want to answer the questions asked of you then you do not have to, just say so. How about if I write you a long scripture reply after you answer my questions first? A discussion goes two ways right?

I asked you this question and provided the scriptures that answer the question which is essentially the same as the one you asked...

Is someone in a saved state before God, while continuing in known unrepentant sin or an unsaved state before God? * HEBREWS 6:4-8; HEBREWS 10:26-27; MATTHEW 7:23-24; ROMANS 8:13; GALATIANS 5:19-21; 1 JOHN 2:3-4; 1 JOHN 3:3-10; 1 CORINTHIANS 6:9-10; GALATIANS 5:19-21; EPHESIANS 5:6; COLOSSIANS 3:6.

What do the scriptures say that were posted?

Happy to have a discussion with you brother but a discussion goes two ways.

God bless.
Repentance is a change of direction from a sinful lifestyle to depending on and trusting in Christ. Genuine repentance causes a total transformation of the heart and spirit, which we call Christian conversion. It is the work of the Holy Spirit who enters and indwells the believer in response to the sinner's repentance. Repentance happens once, leading the sinner to be born again of the Holy Spirit. The person is not born again repeatedly.

Once the person has been born again, he then confesses all known sin. All God requires is that the believer confesses his sins one by one. The Scripture says, "Come let us reason together, though your sins are as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow". What this is saying is that we get with God and have a discussion about the sins we have committed in the past as far back as we can remember, make restitution to others where appropriate, and have a discussion with the Lord about the sinful habit patterns we still have so that the Holy Spirit can deal with them. The promise is, when we do that is as follows:
"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

Once we have gone through that process, the Holy Spirit is now in charge of getting rid of any residual sinful habit patterns that we have as a result of our sinful lifestyle. We cannot get rid of these without the power of the Holy Spirit. If we could, why would Jesus take the time and effort, go through the agony and trauma of dying on the cross and taking the wrath of God on Himself for our sins?

All of your posts about repenting of all known sin and keeping the commandments of God are part of evangelism toward the hardened hearts of sinners, to bring them to conviction of sin. This was the type of preaching characteristic of Calvinist preachers in the 17th and 18th Centuries in England and New England in America. Charles Finney was very strong in this type of preaching and had people falling down and crying out to God for mercy in his meetings. Jonathan Edwards preached, "Sinners in the hand of an angry God" where he preached that sinners were suspended on a thin string which could break at any moment and the sinner would fall down into hell. During the meeting where he preached that, people were holding on to the pillars of the church fearing that they were going to fall and slide down into hell at any moment. That was the type of of preaching that forms the content of all your previous posts. That type of preaching doesn't save anyone, nor does it bring people to repentance. It merely gives them a strong view of their own sinfulness as they realise that they have breached God's Law and are on their way to hell.

But once a sinner has repented, been born again of the Spirit of God, confessed all known sin, fully discussed their current sinful habit patterns and asked for the power of the Holy Spirit to clean these out, your preaching of the Law is left behind, because it no longer applies to genuinely converted believers.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hello Oscarr thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. Some comments for your consideration below.
Repentance is a change of direction from a sinful lifestyle to depending on and trusting in Christ. Genuine repentance causes a total transformation of the heart and spirit, which we call Christian conversion. It is the work of the Holy Spirit who enters and indwells the believer in response to the sinner's repentance. Repentance happens once, leading the sinner to be born again of the Holy Spirit. The person is not born again repeatedly. Once the person has been born again, he then confesses all known sin. All God requires is that the believer confesses his sins one by one. The Scripture says, "Come let us reason together, though your sins are as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow". What this is saying is that we get with God and have a discussion about the sins we have committed in the past as far back as we can remember, make restitution to others where appropriate, and have a discussion with the Lord about the sinful habit patterns we still have so that the Holy Spirit can deal with them. The promise is, when we do that is as follows: "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness." Once we have gone through that process, the Holy Spirit is now in charge of getting rid of any residual sinful habit patterns that we have as a result of our sinful lifestyle. We cannot get rid of these without the power of the Holy Spirit. If we could, why would Jesus take the time and effort, go through the agony and trauma of dying on the cross and taking the wrath of God on Himself for our sins?
I like what you have posted above except for the part highlighted in red (my emphasis). If the bible teaches that there are different degrees of sin from known sin to unknown sin and sins of ignorance and unintentional sins *JAMES 4:17; ACTS 17:30-31; NUMBERS 15:29; LEVITICUS 4:2; LEVITICUS 5:15; ROMANS 7:7; ROMANS 3:20. As we grow in God's grace and the knowledge of his Word, how can you not have repentance once God reveals something is sin to you that you did not know was sin as we grow in the knowledge of his WORD *COLOSSIANS 2:6; JAMES 4:17? There is no FORGIVENESS without REPENTANCE (turning away from sin) CONFESSION of sin and FAITH in God's WORD. *PROVERBS 28:13; 1 JOHN 1:9; 1 JOHN 2:3-4; JOHN 3:15-21.
All of your posts about repenting of all known sin and keeping the commandments of God are part of evangelism toward the hardened hearts of sinners, to bring them to conviction of sin. This was the type of preaching characteristic of Calvinist preachers in the 17th and 18th Centuries in England and New England in America. Charles Finney was very strong in this type of preaching and had people falling down and crying out to God for mercy in his meetings. Jonathan Edwards preached, "Sinners in the hand of an angry God" where he preached that sinners were suspended on a thin string which could break at any moment and the sinner would fall down into hell. During the meeting where he preached that, people were holding on to the pillars of the church fearing that they were going to fall and slide down into hell at any moment. That was the type of of preaching that forms the content of all your previous posts. That type of preaching doesn't save anyone, nor does it bring people to repentance. It merely gives them a strong view of their own sinfulness as they realise that they have breached God's Law and are on their way to hell. But once a sinner has repented, been born again of the Spirit of God, confessed all known sin, fully discussed their current sinful habit patterns and asked for the power of the Holy Spirit to clean these out, your preaching of the Law is left behind, because it no longer applies to genuinely converted believers.
God's GRACE is revealed through his LAW for through his LAW is the KNOWLEDGE of what SIN is which is the meaning of the scripture; They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick. But go you and learn what that means, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance *MATTHEW 9:12-13. JESUS did not come for the RIGHTEOUS but to seek and SAVE SINNERS. It is God's LAW that brings us to Christ that we might be forgiven through faith *GALATIANS 3:22-25. If there is no law we have no knowledge of what sin is. If we do not know what sin is we do not know that we are sinners (sick and in need of a physician Matthew 9:12-13). If we do not know that we are sinners we have no need of a Saviour (physician). If we have no need of a Saviour we are lost and have no salvation because we are still in our sins because we reject the gift Gods dear son (physician) *ROMANS 6:23.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

God bless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Seems nothing ever gets settled on this topic of discussion but still someone brings it up over and over again. Maybe agree to disagree? My own personal opinion and I am a novice is that no where in the bible does it say Saturday or Sunday but it does speak generally about a Sabbath day and to honor it. I feel that as long as we keep A Sabbath day holy that would make our Father happy. It does talk about discouraging others in their endeavors, I don't know the verse off hand but I am in agreement. No one has answered my question though. What about people who work on a Saturday or a Sunday, would you have them not go to church at all if they work on your chosen Sabbath day?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟452,102.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Seems nothing ever gets settled on this topic of discussion but still someone brings it up over and over again. Maybe agree to disagree? My own personal opinion and I am a novice is that no where in the bible does it say Saturday or Sunday but it does speak generally about a Sabbath day and to honor it. I feel that a long as we keep A Sabbath day holy that would make our Father happy. It does talk about discouraging others in their endeavors, I don't know the verse off hand but I am in agreement. No one has answered my question though. What about people who work on a Saturday or a Sunday, would you have them not go to church at all if they work on your chosen Sabbath day?

He is outright saying that you need to keep the sabbath as not working at all and all the rest, if you work on sabbath you sin, basically he says if you work on sabbath you can go to hell for this... which is something a lot of christians regard as legalistic and that it doesn't apply, and this people are dragging them to keep the law, when the gospel says we aree free from it. etc etc.

• Agree
Reactions: ace of hearts
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Seems nothing ever gets settled on this topic of discussion but still someone brings it up over and over again. Maybe agree to disagree? My own personal opinion and I am a novice is that no where in the bible does it say Saturday or Sunday but it does speak generally about a Sabbath day and to honor it. I feel that a long as we keep A Sabbath day holy that would make our Father happy. It does talk about discouraging others in their endeavors, I don't know the verse off hand but I am in agreement. No one has answered my question though. What about people who work on a Saturday or a Sunday, would you have them not go to church at all if they work on your chosen Sabbath day?

Hello brother ilovejcsog, nice to see you and thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. God's time is different from our time. God's time for a day is from sunset (start of the new day) to sunset (end of a the day) *GENESIS 1:4-5. Therefore the SEVENTH DAY SABBATH starts at the sunset of the 6th day. This is Friday sunset our time and finished sunset Saturday our time.

God's SEVENTH DAY SABBATH was made on the SEVENTH DAY of the creation WEEK for mankind *MARK 2:27-28 after mankind was created on the 6th day of the creation week *GENESIS 1:26-31; GENESIS 2:1-3. In the SEVENTH DAY of the creation week God rested from all his Work of CREATION. God also set apart the SEVENTH DAY of the WEEK and BLESSED it and made the SEVENTH DAY of the week a HOLY DAY.

JESUS says that the SABBATH was made for mankind as a memorial of creation and a celebration of God as the creator of the heavens and the earth and that he is the LORD (creator) of it *MARK 2:27-28 and has commanded his people to keep the SEVENTH DAY SABBATH as the 4th commandment in God's 10 commandments that give us a knowledge of what SIN is when broken *EXODUS 20:8-11; ROMANS 3:20.

So yep plenty of scripture to show God's 4th commandments is a requirement for God's people because it is one of God's 10 commandments that God has given his people to give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTOUESNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172.

On the other hand there is not one scripture in all of God's WORD that says God's 4th commandment has been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day. This is a teaching and tradition of man that has lead many to unknowingly break the commandments of God. JESUS says all those who knowingly follow the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God are not following God *MATTHEW 15:3-9.

God knows however that many do this out of IGNORANCE because they do not know any better but when he gives us a knowledge of the truth he calls us to BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD *ACTS 17:30-31. Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it *ROMANS 3:4; ACTS 5:29. God is calling his people out wherever they may be to follow him in Spirit and in truth back to the WORD of GOD.

God bless.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
No one has answered my question though. What about people who work on a Saturday or a Sunday, would you have them not go to church at all if they work on your chosen Sabbath day?

Sorry brother, I missed this part. What does God's 4th commandment of His 10 commandments say? Let's have alook at it.

EXODUS 20:8-11
[8], Remember the SABBATH DAY, to KEEP IT HOLY. <Why?> Because God made it Holy for mankind and commands us to keep it as a Holy day)
[9], Six days shalt thou labor, and do all thy work:
[10], But the SEVENTH DAY IS THE SABBATH of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: <WHY>
[11], For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the SEVENTH DAY: wherefore the LORD BLESSED THE SABBATH, and HALLOWED IT (refers back to GENESIS 2:1-3 when God made the Sabbath at creation).

God's 4th commandment is very clear. We are not to do any of our own work. According to JESUS we can do God's WORK and GOOD on the Sabbath *MATTHEW 12:1-12 but we are to rest from all of out own work. This includes all business and secular work, buying and selling; shopping; domestic work and everything else that can be done any other day of the week.

If you truly want to BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD. Trust in God pray and tell him your situation. God will make a way for you to keep his WORD. I have seen this on my own life and the lives of others. Some have had to lose their jobs only to see God provide them with better jobs allowing them to follow his Word. Please see *MATTHEW 6:33. God will bless you if you seek to BELIEVE and FOLLOW him and he will look after all who do so.

God bless.

Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
He is outright saying that you need to keep the sabbath as not working at all and all the rest, if you work on sabbath you sin, basically he says if you work on sabbath you can go to hell for this... which is something a lot of christians regard as legalistic and that it doesn't apply, and this people are dragging them to keep the law, when the gospel says we aree free from it. etc etc.
I don't believe we are free from it and that we should honor the rules of it such as no work, etc. But I don't believe it is a certain day. There are passages in the bible that speak generally of the Sabbath not giving a certain day. I realize that originally it was on a Saturday but again that was mans interpretation. Unless the father is specific to the day I am going with honoring the Sabbath on the day that I will, for me it is Sunday. You can believe as you want. I don't believe God would be happy with us in always arguing about his word. He wants us to honor his holy day so do it or don't. Still no one answers my question.

Sorry lovegodsword, I usually don't read your posts because they are too long. One paragraph would be so nice but I know that is not a part of you so carry on.
God bless you also and it is Sister.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I don't believe we are free from it and that we should honor the rules of it such as no work, etc. But I don't believe it is a certain day. There are passages in the bible that speak generally of the Sabbath not giving a certain day. I realize that originally it was on a Saturday but again that was mans interpretation. Unless the father is specific to the day I am going with honoring the Sabbath on the day that I will, for me it is Sunday. You can believe as you want. I don't believe God would be happy with us in always arguing about his word. He wants us to honor his holy day so do it or don't. Still no one answers my question.

God's WORD defines what the Sabbath is so we do not have to. God's WORD says..

EXODUS 20:10 [10], But the SEVENTH DAY IS THE SABBATH of the LORD thy God

This links back to the SEVENTH DAY of the creation week...

GENESIS 2:1-3
1, Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
2, And ON THE SEVENTH DAY God ended his work which he had made; and he RESTED ON THE SEVENTH DAY from all his work which he had made.
3, And GOD BLESSED THE SEVENTH DAY, and SANCTIFIED IT <the 7th day>: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

It is one of God's 10 commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin is when broken *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4. According to God's WORD if we break any one of God's 10 commandments we stand guilty before God or sin *JAMES 2:10-11

God bless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,104.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Hello Oscarr thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. Some comments for your consideration below.

I like what you have posted above except for the part highlighted in red (my emphasis). If the bible teaches that there are different degrees of sin from known sin to unknown sin and sins of ignorance and unintentional sins *JAMES 4:17; ACTS 17:30-31; NUMBERS 15:29; LEVITICUS 4:2; LEVITICUS 5:15; ROMANS 7:7; ROMANS 3:20. As we grow in God's grace and the knowledge of his Word, how can you not have repentance once God reveals something is sin to you that you did not know was sin as we grow in the knowledge of his WORD *COLOSSIANS 2:6; JAMES 4:17? There is no FORGIVENESS without REPENTANCE (turning away from sin) CONFESSION of sin and FAITH in God's WORD. *PROVERBS 28:13; 1 JOHN 1:9; 1 JOHN 2:3-4; JOHN 3:15-21.

God's GRACE is revealed through his LAW for through his LAW is the KNOWLEDGE of what SIN is which is the meaning of the scripture; They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick. But go you and learn what that means, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance *MATTHEW 9:12-13. JESUS did not come for the RIGHTEOUS but to seek and SAVE SINNERS. It is God's LAW that brings us to Christ that we might be forgiven through faith *GALATIANS 3:22-25. If there is no law we have no knowledge of what sin is. If we do not know what sin is we do not know that we are sinners (sick and in need of a physician Matthew 9:12-13). If we do not know that we are sinners we have no need of a Saviour (physician). If we have no need of a Saviour we are lost and have no salvation because we are still in our sins because we reject the gift Gods dear son (physician) *ROMANS 6:23.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

God bless.
The Scripture says that the Law is our tutor until we come to Christ. But we don't have a lot of that in our evangelism any more, and I think that this leads to easy believerism where many put on the Christian badge and think that just joining a church, doing all the religious stuff, and trying to live a moral life will get them into heaven. Over 80 percent of Charles Finney's converts continued in the faith for life, and I think it is because they were given a clear and strong conviction of sin through his preaching. He preached Law to sinners, exactly the same as you are saying in your posts.

Paul said it was the knowledge of the Law that brings the knowledge of sin, and the reality that a sinner violates the Law gives him the knowledge that he is a sinner, subject to the wrath of God and deserving of hell. Then once that person cries out, "What shall I do to be saved?" Then, the good news of the gospel of Christ can be shared with them.

The problem with a lot of today's evangelism is that the good news of the gospel is shared before a good dose of the Law. Easy believerism says, "Become a Christian and life will be sweet, and all your sins will be forgiven. The trouble is that it breeds self-righteous, religious, "holier than thou" people who think they are on the way to heaven, when in reality, they have never been really convicted of their own sinfulness and have never been brought to the place where they have cried out to God for mercy and grace. A lot of the easy believers tend to backslide when they get sick of religion, want to keep their pet sins, or someone in the church gets on their wick.

Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,726,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Seems nothing ever gets settled on this topic of discussion but still someone brings it up over and over again. Maybe agree to disagree? My own personal opinion and I am a novice is that no where in the bible does it say Saturday or Sunday but it does speak generally about a Sabbath day and to honor it. I feel that as long as we keep A Sabbath day holy that would make our Father happy. It does talk about discouraging others in their endeavors, I don't know the verse off hand but I am in agreement. No one has answered my question though. What about people who work on a Saturday or a Sunday, would you have them not go to church at all if they work on your chosen Sabbath day?
But some, it seems, think that it has to be Saturday, and if you knowingly don’t worship on Saturday, you are sinning. And if you are unrepentant about it, then you are separated from God. So basically, worship on Saturday or go to Hell.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The most important thing to consider with any of this discussion is that who do we believe and follow; the WORD of GOD or the teachings and traditions of men? JESUS says all those who knowingly follow the teachings and traditions of men are not following God *MATTHEW 15:3-9. Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it *ROMANS 3:4; ACTS 5:29. God is calling his people wherever they maybe out from following man made traditons back to the Word of God.

God bless

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,726,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
JESUS says all those who knowingly follow the teachings and traditions of men are not following God
Then I will ignore your teachings and follow the gospel where grace abounds and not the yoke you try to put on us.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟452,102.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Your question was what happens if you work on holy day?

You have different opinions about holy days some may be true and others wrong:

That holy day is sabbath, the 4th commandment. And you can't work, or light a fire, and can't travel etc. if you do you sin.

That holy day is sunday, the bible don't say this anywhere, but it says that some people regard some day more than the other, and we must regard that day if we want, but is not required of us to keep a day.

That a holy day is not neccesary to keep at all or only at your will but is not a sin if you do not keep.

All taken from the bible.

Reactions: ace of hearts
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Then I will ignore your teachings and follow the gospel where grace abounds and not the yoke you try to put on us.

For me, he must increase and I must decrease. I only point all to the Word of God because it is there we find the one who loves us that we may love him. I know him and am known by him. All that he shows me I see and must show to all because I am blind. He tells me it is those that say they see that do not see. These are they that have once known him or do not know him. There is only life in the living Word. These are his Words and not my own. Freely I give because freely I have received. I must speak in the light and what I hear preach in the housetops. Many will not hear because they do not know Him. He is the Word of God and those that believe him are those that he has chosen. They follow him because they love him and are loved by him. Many are called but few are chosen. There is nothing hidden that shall not be revealed come judgment day. No one is following the Gospel if they are living a life of known unrepentant sin.

God bless

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.