Dallas
✟871,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Ya, it seemed to fly by me too. Where did this come from?

It looks (from checking the time hacks) that all of the posts were made with a 12 hour period c8:30am - c4:30pm on the 24th of October.

And with all the garbage threads that get posted here I can see how it might have slipped under the radar.

Upvote 0

BeamMeUpScotty

Senior Veteran
Dec 15, 2004
Kanagawa, Japan
✟18,437.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
How could I have missed this thread before?

Bump.

I admit I only read the first page and the last two pages. When I read the OP, I thought, "here's a 16 year old young woman who is questioning things." I thought that was good, and I still do. This was the period in my life when I did the same thing. Unfortunately, it looks like she's stopped questioning and just accepted a bunch of PRATTS.

Don't accept evolution? Ok, ask the questions. But why would you accept creationism as well without evidence? Even if you don't believe there is evidence for evolution, that does not prove creationism true--that must be done independently of evolution. Question everything, all the time!! Ask your pastor to prove creationism.

Good luck to you.

Upvote 0

Psudopod

Godspeed, Spacebat
Apr 11, 2006
Bath
✟11,638.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
In Relationship
So many misunderstandings, so little time. I'm sure these have all been covered by others, but here a few little points.

1) Science does not deal in proof. Science is never proven, because we don't know all. Theories are falsifyable.

2)Theories are they highest level in science. There is no such thing as a mere scientific theory. Facts are incorperated into theories, but some theories as so well evidenced that they may as well be a fact as so get described as such

3) There is a mountain of evidence for evolution. Take a look at the evolution scorecard thread, or the quiet thread. If you want do discuss any of the evidence, come back, ask questions. People are happy to explain if you are civil

4) No one dated the dinosaurs using carbon dating. If you had bothered checking any of this you would know this would be a stupid thing to do. Instead you just copy and paste from websites that agree with your sentiments.

5) Take a look at the Nylon eating bacteria. This is the first source that came uo in google, so there may be better ones, but my lunch time is running out. http://www.nmsr.org/nylon.htm

Upvote 0