So now we are supposed to say that breastfeeding is not natural?

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I was listening to a youtube video where a feminist-psychologist was saying that if a little girl (a trans boy turned girl) had a penis, the penis was "little girl parts."
Today's world is delusional.

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
What does the sexual revolution have to do with this campaign that aims to decouple breastfeeding from non scientific woo?
well two of the topics mentioned would be off topic in this thread....

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
What does the sexual revolution have to do with this campaign that aims to decouple breastfeeding from non scientific woo?
It's easier for a woman to be promiscuous if she's not lactating. She can go back on the pill, and she doesn't have to worry about leakage.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
I bet this is the pro choice movement. Next best thing to abortion would be detachment from your baby after giving birth. Don't breastfed and go back to work leaving the baby with a stranger.
Of course it is. The idea is for women to be free to do whatever they want whenever they want, sexually, career wise, go shopping, do tiddlywinks, without the encumberment of an unwanted pregnancy, or the inconvenience of nursing.

Oh, and nursing means SHE shoulders all the child feeding work. How unfair!

Reactions: Micheal Z
Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I bet this is the pro choice movement. Next best thing to abortion would be detachment from your baby after giving birth. Don't breastfed and go back to work leaving the baby with a stranger.
For the last time, this campaign is meant to support breastfeeding! !

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Of course it is. The idea is for women to be free to do whatever they want whenever they want, sexually, career wise, go shopping, do tiddlywinks, without the encumberment of an unwanted pregnancy, or the inconvenience of nursing.

Oh, and nursing means SHE shoulders all the child feeding work. How unfair!
I had no problem nursing and working.

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
How?
The talking lady said breastfeeding mothers make formula mothers feel badly.
Who is the talking lady, and what does she have to do with the campaign and associated article in the journal Pediatrics, the topic of this thread? The OP was about how using the term natural might discourage breastfeeding because of it's connection to pseudo science, therefore to promote breastfeeding, the use of the natural term should be discouraged. There's been lots of unrelated, false or misleading commentary in how the article was represented by some media sources, but the campaign in the OP was meant to encourage breastfeeding.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
It probably wouldn't be accurate if I would have said that all feminists want to be men.

But I think what I said is generally true.
Honestly, I find this notion that feminists want to be men somewhat offensive. We simply want the same rights and opportunities as men. Claiming that we want to be men suggests a couple of things to me, that feminists aren't interested in having or raising children, and they envy men and devalue women. There's so many comments here that suggest feminist women don't have any interest in raising kids, that as a mom...as I am...I feel a bit miffed, as if my feminism is something which people should be using to judge me as a poor mother. I'm a liberal, a feminist, I work full time, and am doing my best along with their dad, to raise our kids..even raising them Catholic . You might think I'm a terrible mother and terrible Catholic , but my kids don't. (and for the record, I nursed them all for 3 yearsTMI, I'm sure, but just to contact the bizarre notion that feminists or liberals oppose nursing )

Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Honestly, I find this notion that feminists want to be men somewhat offensive. We simply want the same rights and opportunities as men. Claiming that we want to be men suggests a couple of things to me, that feminists aren't interested in having or raising children, and they envy men and devalue women. There's so many comments here that suggest feminist women don't have any interest in raising kids, that as a mom...as I am...I feel a bit miffed, as if my feminism is something which people should be using to judge me as a poor mother. I'm a liberal, a feminist, I work full time, and am doing my best along with their dad, to raise our kids..even raising them Catholic . You might think I'm a terrible mother and terrible Catholic , but my kids don't. (and for the record, I nursed them all for 3 yearsTMI, I'm sure, but just to contact the bizarre notion that feminists or liberals oppose nursing )

The feminist movement has existed as a major force in politics for over 40 years. In that time they've generally taken a reliable set of positions on many issues, such as supporting "free love" and access to abortion. It is true that there are people who call themselves feminist and who do not endorse these positions, but they are in the minority, and anyone who willingly describes himself as feminist should be aware that the word carries with it the association with what the bulk of the movement has pushed for decades.

For comparison, imagine your reaction to someone who said something like "I'm for White Nationalism" and then later complained about being lumped in with skinheads and the like.

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
The feminist movement has existed as a major force in politics for over 40 years. In that time they've generally taken a reliable set of positions on many issues, such as supporting "free love" and access to abortion. It is true that there are people who call themselves feminist and who do not endorse these positions, but they are in the minority, and anyone who willingly describes himself as feminist should be aware that the word carries with it the association with what the bulk of the movement has pushed for decades.

For comparison, imagine your reaction to someone who said something like "I'm for White Nationalism" and then later complained about being lumped in with skinheads and the like.
Neither free love or abortion were the issue though. I know I'm in the minority of feminists because of pro life views. However to say that feminists want to be men, or oppose motherhood or breastfeeding is incorrect in my experience.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I didn't say that all feminists want to be men. I was speaking in general.

I suppose there are exceptions to the rule.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
As do you, but which one is supported by the facts? Are you close enough friends with enough feminists to know what they want or what's important to them?
One doesn't have to be close friends with feminists to know what they believe in since feminist ideology is aggressively pushed nearly everywhere. In the West, everyone is exposed to it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0