So now we are supposed to say that breastfeeding is not natural?

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
I actually snapped on my homosexual brother this weekend. I was visiting, at his request, in Chicago. He corrected my pronouns several times. After the last I said, "Listen dude. I'll leave. You asked me to come. Correct my pronoun again and I'll just go. I don't need to be here." He apologized, but told me I'll become more "cultured" over time. Yeah, no; no purple penguins with pink polka dots in my future.

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
We are not to call women "pregnant women" any longer. We are now to call them pregnant persons. I'm waiting to see transgender "men" who are really women become pregnant. And breastfeeding will be minimized.
Can you document this?

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
This is commentary about an article in Pediatrics, if you follow the link, you get the abstract of the article, which doesn't mention anything about gender roles either. I can download and read the entire article, and see if that's a central focus if anyone is interested, but I expect it is still on the main theme that the word natural has been co opted by the natural cures, anti GMO, anti vaxxers crowd.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,071.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is commentary about an article in Pediatrics, if you follow the link, you get the abstract of the article, which doesn't mention anything about gender roles either. I can download and read the entire article, and see if that's a central focus if anyone is interested, but I expect it is still on the main theme that the word natural has been co opted by the natural cures, anti GMO, anti vaxxers crowd.
So bottomline... Is breatfeeding natural or not??

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I have in my own thread
I read your documentation and followed the links. Unless you are a staff member of the British Medical Association, this guideline doesn't apply to you, so I'm not sure the we in your statement is correct.
That's the kind of thing that tends to get distorted, sometimes there's good reason for people in certain professions to use certain language that doesn't apply to the rest of us.

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
So bottomline... Is breatfeeding natural or not??
Depends on what you mean by natural. ..if natural now meand some sort of alternative to science based allopathic medicine, then no, because breastfeeding is supported by good science. If natural means something that happens in nature. then it's natural.
The later definition is a good one for natural, but the former one is problematic, which is what this tries to address.

• Haha
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
  • Agree
Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
The UK banned this. The US is not far away from doing the same. Do you agree with the ban?
There was no ban, just a guideline suggested to employees of a specific organization. That's not a ban.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Do you agree with the guideline?
It might make sense for people in specific healthcare positions, but it's not applicable to everyone. I really disagree with mischaracterizing it as a ban to induce anger, however.

• Haha
Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
All i know is - if it was not natural, women couldnt do it.
I dont see an argument.
If someone can argue this, it's illogical.
While I think it's an awkward campaign, I tried to lay out the reasons in multiple posts, it has to do with the co-opting of the word natural to mean something different, an anti science approach to things (e.g. natural cures)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Women have children. Women produce breast milk. Women can breastfeed. It's natural. Before formula, what the heck do these people think we did? Good Lord, none of these liberals would have made it past 14 until the mid 20th century.

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Human breast milk is specifically designed for babies.
Cow's milk is designed for calves.
Feeding babies cow's milk is what is unnatural.
Well sure, but that wasn't the point the campaign was trying to make.
It's unnatural for humans to drink other species milk, or to drink milk in adulthood, yet milk drinking is promoted as natural. That's because natural is no longer precisely defined....just think of the kerfuffle that arises when one points out that some degree of homosexual behavior happens in other parts of the animal kingdom, therefore it's natural.
The whole campaign and concern has to do with the way the word natural has come to take on many different meanings.

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Women have children. Women produce breast milk. Women can breastfeed. It's natural. Before formula, what the heck do these people think we did? Good Lord, none of these liberals would have made it past 14 until the mid 20th century.
Since the article supports breatfeeding, and in general, at La Leche league meetings and nurse ins, you typically see lots of liberals, the notion you are promoting that liberals are anti breastfeeding is absurd. The Pediatrics article, the one this is supposedly based on but no one has much interest in, wasn't penned by liberals.
I'll admit though, in the area of belief in woo and science denial, liberals and conservativess are both present. ...I'd bet the anti vax crowd has vigorous membership from both groups, for instance.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
It was said when I watched it on the news lastnigbt that it was also about avoiding gender roles.
I was listening to a youtube video where a feminist-psychologist was saying that if a little girl (a boy turned trans girl) had a penis, the penis was "little girl parts."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
The article said banned. Do you think we should no longer call women who are pregnant, pregnant women? Its a straight forward question.
Well, the then article was wrong, when compated to the original source. As for the second part, I already answed.

Upvote 0