So now we are supposed to say that breastfeeding is not natural?

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
and as they did Not like to keep GOD in their conscious
he gave them over to a reprobate mind to do....
this world is in dire straits...............
I mean this is truly advanced decay.
when a generation abandons GOD , shakes its fist at him
and is fully focused on lust
which cannot FULLFILL
it falls .
lust cannot fufill a person, ONLY GOD can.
on the path this world is on, its leading to its end.
Its not natural for women to breast feed,
Gee, how did the world survive so long
with out this nugget of info.
wait, it would not have...............if women had not breast feed
back in the day
end of civilization long , long ago.
this world is doomed.
lead all to Christ fast.

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
as a mom who stayed at home and breastfed all three kids, I am proud to say that the foundation I established in their lives by doing so has paid off for them in their own lives today.
They learned priceless lessons and got off to a good start in life before anyone ever thought of "Head Start" programs.

Yes, I've run headlong into doctors who nixed breastfeeding. They were men of course.:scratch: :swoon:.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,224,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
This world seems to progressively keep checking out of reality by the second.

New campaign to stop calling breastfeeding ‘natural’ - Alliance for Natural Health International
Once upon a time there was a campaign whose motto was 'Breast Milk is the Best Milk'. And it was the big companies peddling formula that were considered 'unnatural'.

Now that our world has become unhinged from reality it has become unnatural to breastfeed. How soon can we say the sexual revolution is the prime instance today of the emperor having no clothes? How many more years, or even months, or even days do we have to endure such fantasies? I am tired of looking at an ugly naked emperor strutting around and being expected to shut up about it. Way way way too much insanity.

http://www.crisismagazine.com/2017/sexual-revolution-nothing-church

Keep in mind he writes as a Protestant and when he says 'church' he means all of Christianity and not specifically the Catholic Church. But even the Catholic Church has egg on it's face. Sure we don't allow divorce. But Catholics divorce as much as anyone. Sure we fight the Obamacare Contraception mandate, but that's mostly The Little Sisters of the Poor who fight. Most Catholics contracept. Georgetown has The Vagina Monologues. We have a pope who can't actually come out and affirm Catholic teaching on marriage. I give pope Paul VI credit for willing to be prophetic in 1968 when he described what the sexual revolution would bring. We got it all now. It's bowled us over. We are trying to carve out little places where we can hide from the cultural hegemon, as if that's the solution.

The emperor has no clothes. It's not up to the Church or Christianity in general to coo about the fine threads the emperor is wearing.

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Seems like a silly campaign by a few folks who are concerned that the use of the word natural will link breastfeeding to a lot of pseudo scientific woo like anti vaxxing or anti GMO nonsense. It's a stretch for sure, and will likely backfire at worst or be misunderstood at best, but in my experience there is s kernel of truth there. As a person who breastfed my children through about age 3, and participated in pro breastfeeding groups, I was often bombarded by materials from anti vaxxers and other woo peddlers because they assumed I would be a sympathetic ear.
Breastfeeding is good, natural and it is also supported by science....but plenty of other things that claim to be 'natural ' like natural cures, are not supported by science.
From reading this article. I think that's the point they are trying to make with this awkward campaign.

Reactions: Antigone
Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
"The coming of the lawless one by the activity of Satan will be with all power and with pretended signs and wonders, and with all wicked deception for those who are to perish, because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. Therefore God sends upon them a strong delusion, to make them believe what is false, so that all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness."

- 2 Thess 2:9-12

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Once upon a time there was a campaign whose motto was 'Breast Milk is the Best Milk'. And it was the big companies peddling formula that were considered 'unnatural'.

Now that our world has become unhinged from reality it has become unnatural to breastfeed. How soon can we say the sexual revolution is the prime instance today of the emperor having no clothes? How many more years, or even months, or even days do we have to endure such fantasies? I am tired of looking at an ugly naked emperor strutting around and being expected to shut up about it. Way way way too much insanity.

http://www.crisismagazine.com/2017/sexual-revolution-nothing-church

Keep in mind he writes as a Protestant and when he says 'church' he means all of Christianity and not specifically the Catholic Church. But even the Catholic Church has egg on it's face. Sure we don't allow divorce. But Catholics divorce as much as anyone. Sure we fight the Obamacare Contraception mandate, but that's mostly The Little Sisters of the Poor who fight. Most Catholics contracept. Georgetown has The Vagina Monologues. We have a pope who can't actually come out and affirm Catholic teaching on marriage. I give pope Paul VI credit for willing to be prophetic in 1968 when he described what the sexual revolution would bring. We got it all now. It's bowled us over. We are trying to carve out little places where we can hide from the cultural hegemon, as if that's the solution.

The emperor has no clothes. It's not up to the Church or Christianity in general to coo about the fine threads the emperor is wearing.
What does the sexual revolution have to do with this campaign that aims to decouple breastfeeding from non scientific woo?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What does the sexual revolution have to do with this campaign that aims to decouple breastfeeding from non scientific woo?
The sexual revolution aims to destroy the traditional family and all that goes with it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟423,786.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
This world seems to progressively keep checking out of reality by the second.

New campaign to stop calling breastfeeding ‘natural’ - Alliance for Natural Health International

Here's a link the article that the story is referencing, when I clicked it in the article it didn't work: Unintended Consequences of Invoking the “Natural” in Breastfeeding Promotion | Pediatrics Perspectives | Pediatrics

My ex was one of four kids, and one of her sisters was the only one of the four who wasn't nursed (not sure why). My ex, her brother, and her oldest sister were all perfectly healthy, but the sister who wasn't nursed has Celiac's Disease. I'm not sure there's necessarily any proof that links the two as cause and effect, but I think there's a strong correlation there worth noting at the very least.

It was said when I watched it on the news lastnigbt that it was also about avoiding gender roles.

I was getting the feeling from reading the article that it was equally, or more so, about gender and/or homosexuality as it was the merits of nursing itself.

Having said all of that, nothing's going to get in the way of women nursing their babies. Like the article says, formula use is marginal. They're not going to gain on nursing.

Preferring formula over breast milk is like saying processed foods are better than home cooked meals.

I mean, it doesn't get much more literal than that comparison.

Last edited:
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
to michie and all..................I want us to ponder this real long and discern something.
you know how paul once said they will be without natural affection in the last days.
without NATURAL , affection
that of course is tied to the natural affection between man and woman
but once that was glorified..............
now everything natural they try and make unnatural
and everything unnatural according to nature................natural.
WE DO know the signs of the times.............
this generation is doomed. my advice remains the same
YOU win souls, focus on FOLLOWING only the real JESUS
not the jesus of many versions, but the real one.
whom we know and the HOLY scrips make us wise unto salvation through faith in HIM
faith in the many version JESUS leads to sLavation, for it allows men to remain in bondage of sin.
only the REAL JESUS gives Salvation.............aint it funny how one word can change
by moving letters..............so too can salvation become slavation
if its the wrong version of perversion image of Christ which many teach............

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟423,786.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
This generation—my generation, the Millennial generation—is messed up, but I'm not willing to say it's doomed. For every social justice warrior protesting for abortion or whatever, there's another standing up for God's Natural Law. For every militant atheist, there's a counterpart in Eucharistic Adoration, going to Confession, and steeped in prayer.

There are all kinds of ways the Church is growing through conversion, and the growth of the family. It's just less conspicuous than any of the advances secularism might make because secularism has the entire media industry as it's propaganda wing.

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
This generation—my generation, the Millennial generation—is messed up, but I'm not willing to say it's doomed. For every social justice warrior protesting for abortion or whatever, there's another standing up for God's Natural Law. For every militant atheist, there's a counterpart in Eucharistic Adoration, going to Confession, and steeped in prayer.

There are all kinds of ways the Church is growing through conversion, and the growth of the family. It's just less conspicuous than any of the advances secularism might make because secularism has the entire media industry as it's propaganda wing.
true believers are by all means still around, and by all accounts the secularist DO
own the media and progandize all sorts of evil .
but I want us to ponder something..........what happens when the Churches
become as the world and
do the same evils , following the false version of what man calls love
or lifestyle choices as so many are keen to say.
what makes GOD furious................more than anything.
go read old test , then read revelations........its LUKEWARM
its when the people serve both baal and God.
and now a word from days long gone by
God don't like religions mixed
as he told the jews........you want to go serve baal, THEN go serve him
BUT leave my name out of it......
INTERFAITH is the mother of all false religions.
just added that real quick.

Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟59,367.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
My first 2 kids weren't breastfed. My last 2 were. The last 2 advanced much more quickly and are healthier.
That is one happy looking frog
just let it know............coffee or tea is fine...........but no mixing grandmas cough syrup in it.

Upvote 0