So far -- has Trump supported your Christian values? POLL

Has Trump supported your Christian values?

• Yes

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • No

Votes: 30 63.8%
  • Didn't vote for a Pastor

Votes: 6 12.8%

• Total voters

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Most people don't vote thinking on the Constitution but thinking in the "benefit for their own group", if others do that then Christians should not be ashamed of doing it.

Perhaps it is perfectly acceptable to compromise one's personal moral convictions and even set aside Christian principles for some Christians if they can acquire and maintain some political power to push a conservative Christian agenda within the federal government by supporting a morally depraved and politically corrupt Republican President. If that's what's going on within the Christian Right now, then I can see why Trump's Christian voting base defend him as if their very existence depended upon it.

It doesn't seem to matter if more vile and malicious speech spews out of Trump's mouth or perhaps it wouldn't matter if he had another affair with a inappropriate content star or if he was caught red-handed somewhere sexually groping another woman or if he stood in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shot someone as long as he continues to politically pander and appease his conservative supporters. If the majority of his loyal Christian supporters haven't drawn a definitive moral line in the sand within the three years he has been the President (despite his vastly immoral and unethical behavior), then it is actually highly unlikely that his supporters will ever draw a moral line in the sand, even if he was guilty of murder.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Perhaps it is perfectly acceptable to compromise one's personal moral convictions and even set aside Christian principles for some Christians if they can acquire and maintain some political power to push a conservative Christian agenda within the federal government by supporting a morally depraved and politically corrupt Republican President. If that's what's going on within the Christian Right now, then I can see why Trump's Christian base defend him as if their very existence depended upon it.

It doesn't seem to matter if more vile and malicious speech spews out of Trump's mouth or perhaps it wouldn't matter if he had another affair with a inappropriate content star or if he was caught red-handed somewhere sexually groping another woman or if he stood in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shot someone as long as he continues to politically pander and appease his conservative supporters. If the majority of his loyal Christian supporters haven't drawn a definitive moral line in the sand within the three years he has been the President (despite his vastly immoral and unethical behavior), then it is actually highly unlikely that his supporters will ever draw a moral line in the sand, even if he was guilty of murder.

I didn't vote for Trump or Clinton during the last presidential election because I felt like I would have compromised my personal moral convictions as a Christian if I did vote for one of them. I chose not to succumb to the "lesser of two evils" narrative because neither one is the "lesser" in that scenario.
Isn't that the purpose of democracy? Vote for the one who harms you the less?

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
I am always surprised at the personal vitriol directed at President Trump ... I think it shows that person as being sanctimonious rather than being able to discriminate between right & wrong behaviour.
This President has engaged in "personal vitriol" on a daily basis for the past 3 years and now he is "reaping" what he has "sowed!"

History will not be kind to "Donald J" and those who supported him - Harding, Johnson, Buchanan and Pierce can all now rest peacefully in their graves, secure in the knowledge that they will no longer be considered America's worst presidents!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This President has engaged in "personal vitriol" on a daily basis for the past 3 years and now he is "reaping" what he has "sowed!"

History will not be kind to "Donald J" and those who supported him - Harding, Johnson, Buchanan and Pierce can all now rest peacefully in their graves, secure in the knowledge that they will no longer be considered America's worst presidents!

Donald Trump is definitely known by the fruit he bears in his life... sexual immorality, hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, and factions (Galatians 5:19-21). And from out of the abundance of his heart, his mouth speaks and he spews out malicious vile like a raging river.

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Donald Trump is definitely known by the fruit he bears in his life... sexual immorality, hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, and factions (Galatians 5:19-21). And from out of the abundance of his heart, his mouth speaks and he spews out malicious vile like a raging river.
You haven't checked the US Founding Fathers.

Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You haven't checked the US Founding Fathers.

Why would I? They are all dead and none of them have any bearing whatsoever on Trump's personal behavior, but I can see the apparent need to deflect from his immoral behavior by his loyal supporters.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Why would I? They are all dead and none of them have any bearing whatsoever on Trump's personal behavior, but I can see the apparent need to deflect from his immoral behavior by his loyal supporters.
No need to vent. I am just saying that they have done terrible things but they are recognised

I have criticized President Trump in some occasions.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
fruit he bears in his life... sexual immorality, hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, and factions

Yes, I am sure glad we never suffer from those.
That Trump -- what are we going to do with him -- imperfect guy that he is.
MB

Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I am sure glad we never suffer from those.
That Trump -- what are we going to do with him -- imperfect guy that he is.
MB

Remember that the next time you create a thread to point a judgmental finger at Elizabeth Warren for lying or create a thread about some other Democratic politician for their unethical behavior.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Remember that the next time you create a thread to point a judgmental finger at Elizabeth Warren for lying or create a thread about some other Democratic politician for their unethical behavior.

There's no hope at all this is going to be remembered, though of course it ought to be.

Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There's no hope at all this is going to be remembered, though of course it ought to be.

And yet Trump's loyal Cristian supporters haven't a hint of moral confliction pointing out the sins of any Democratic politician (such as Elizabeth Warren) while they dribble out their excuses like the one we just read or insisting they voted for a President and not a Pastor or insisting that Trump shouldn't be judged for his sins. It's no wonder that their moral indignation is no longer being taken seriously.

• Agree
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
And yet Trump's loyal Cristian supporters haven't a hint of moral confliction pointing out the sins of any Democratic politician (such as Elizabeth Warren) while they dribble out their excuses like the one we just read or insisting that they voted for a President and not a Pastor or insisting that Trump shouldn't be judged for his sins. It's no wonder that their moral indignation is no longer taken seriously.

True. But they'll keep on going to echo chambers, giving them the illusion that their moral indignation is taken seriously.

• Haha
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Romans 3:10-12 English Standard Version (ESV)
10 as it is written:

A)" data-cr="#cen-ESV-27986A" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 0.625em; line-height: 22px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; top: 0px;">“None is righteous, no, not one;
11 no one understands;
no one seeks for God.
12 All have turned aside; together they have become worthless;
no one does good,
not even one.”

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
10 as it is written:

A)" data-cr="#cen-ESV-27986A" style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 0.625em; line-height: 22px; position: relative; vertical-align: top; top: 0px;">“None is righteous, no, not one;
11 no one understands;
no one seeks for God.
no one does good,
not even one.”

Excellent verse to describe Donald Trump, Bob.

• Agree
Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
10 as it is written:

11 no one understands;
no one seeks for God.
no one does good,
not even one.”

Trump supporters should remember this passage before creating another thread or posting another judgmental comment to cast a few stones at a Democratic politician for their immoral behavior.

Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
True. But they'll keep on going to echo chambers, giving them the illusion that their moral indignation is taken seriously.

I think it simply demonstrates that their repeated attempts at virtue-signaling are completely futile.

Excellent verse to describe Donald Trump, Bob.

Go Braves, remember that some of Trump's Christian supporters insist that they voted for a President and not a Pastor. However, this attempt at justification isn't extended when it involves a Democrat.

• Agree
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0