So far -- has Trump supported your Christian values? POLL

Has Trump supported your Christian values?

• Yes

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • No

Votes: 30 63.8%
  • Didn't vote for a Pastor

Votes: 6 12.8%

• Total voters

Sharon Hayes

BigRoost
Jun 13, 2015
✟9,239.00
Faith
Christian
M-Bob
What I want to know is has Trump done ANYTHING for ANY average citizen. He has done plenty for the rich, i.e. the large tax break (that took away our home interest tax write-off and will cause most American to get tax increases starting in 2020), and he manipulates the stock market with his economy-based announcements that I'll bet his family and rich friends are que'd on before it happens. Other than that I seriously want to know what he's done for the United States at large because I've got nothing. Please, anything at all so I'll know what I've missed.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi MM,

He certainly hasn't portrayed my 'christian' values. I don't think I can put my finger on any particular legislation that has been passed that 'supports' my christian values. However, as GTAW responded, I've never expected any worldly government to be on board with God's values. Governments have to govern over the wicked and the righteous and so there are always going to be laws pushed by both sides and some may support the wicked and some may support the righteous.

From what I find in Paul's letter to the Romans, is that we born again believers shouldn't be expecting any worldly government to somehow turn uber christian or godly in its governance. Paul writes that greed, lust, fornication, lying, and about a dozen other sins of the human condition are going to become worse, not better, as we march inexorably towards the day of God's judgment. Paul wrote to Timothy about a day coming when men would not put up with sound doctrine, but rather surround themselves with great teachers telling them what their itching ears want to hear.

Based on those Scriptures, and some of the account of the Revelation, esp. where it speaks of the whole world rising up against Israel and Jesus upon his next visitation to us, I honestly don't expect any worldly government to be particularly 'christian' in the values that it upholds.

Having said all of that, do christians get to make their voices heard in the worldly governance of the United States? Yes. However, that those voices ever really make a difference in returning what some believe to be lost 'christian' values to our society, seems to me, not something to be expectant of.

I am encouraged that the United States now recognizes Jerusalem as the Capitol of Israel, but I'm also wary of other prophecies of the Scriptures that a time will come when one will rise up in Israel and create a 'covenant' with the many. This action could be the beginning of the fulfillment of that prophecy. If so, it won't be much longer until we see Jesus standing in the clouds. Behold! He comes.

But the less wordy answer to your question is that, no, I don't see that President Trump has been particularly successful or made any attempt much to bring christian values to America. I don't believe that God is going to send a Judas to restore America's christian values. And all indications as to how Donald Trump lives his life would indicate that he is merely a Judas who might push the christian agenda for some political gain. You, of course, are free to support that, but I'm fairly convicted that it isn't being somehow Holy unto God to say that Donald Trump is helping christians by pushing christian values.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What I want to know is has Trump done ANYTHING for ANY average citizen.

He has done plenty for the rich, i.e. the large tax break (that took away our home interest tax write-off and will cause most American to get tax increases starting in 2020), and he manipulates the stock market with his economy-based announcements that I'll bet his family and rich friends are que'd on before it happens. Other than that I seriously want to know what he's done for the United States at large because I've got nothing. Please, anything at all so I'll know what I've missed.

Heck yes.
Up top the mountain we do wish that they would pay more attention.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Heck yes.
Up top the mountain we do wish that they would pay more attention.

M-Bob

Hi MM,

I'm going to assume that 'they' is all those who don't see things as you do. Right?

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Was he supposed to?
The question wasn't "was President Trump supposed to support your Christian values?" the question was had he? Since the answer to both questions would be "no" I'm not sure it would have made much difference to the poll results if either question would have been asked. :)
tulc(just a thought) :wave:

Upvote 0

Bro. Dave Gardner

Sep 9, 2019
New England
✟19,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
and he manipulates the stock market with his economy-based announcements that I'll bet his family and rich friends are que'd on before it happens.
Interesting observation, although his apparent lack of foresight and surplus of ego-driven impulsivity suggest to me that he might not take optimal advantage of this particular type of potential opportunity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟613,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
M-Bob
Can't say he has, can't say he hasn't...that is God's department. However, I was not voting for a Pastor-in-Chief.
I can say one thing though, not one single Democrat presidential candidate supports Christian values.

• Agree
Reactions: Zanting
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
M-Bob

Yes! In particular, his stance on defending the tiniest amongst us who are the most defenseless, and cannot speak out for themselves.

"Rescue those being led away to death." ~Pr 24:11

He's right in sync with the living God on this one, as He (the living God) abhors (hates) the shedding of innocent blood.

"And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me." ~Matt 25:40

In addition, i agree with Dr. Seuss on this one:

iu

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can't say he has, can't say he hasn't...that is God's department. However, I was not voting for a Pastor-in-Chief.
I can say one thing though, not one single Democrat presidential candidate supports Christian values.

What would it matter if not one single Democratic presidential candidate supports Christian values if conservative Christian Trump supporters aren't voting for a "Pastor-in-Chief"?

Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
{snip}Yes! In particular, his stance on defending the tiniest amongst us who are the most defenseless, and cannot speak out for themselves.

"Rescue those being led away to death." ~Pr 24:11

He's right in sync with the living God on this one, as He (the living God) abhors (hates) the shedding of innocent blood.

Trump doesn't mind shedding innocent blood in cases of rape, incest and the risk of the mother's life. It isn't genuinely pro-life to support the killing of unborn children in cases of rape, incest, and the risk of the mother's life. That's actually pro-choice in favor of abortion in these three kind of cases.

Video: President Trump Says He Supports Abortion In Cases Of Rape, Incest

Statement: Trump: ‘I am For the Exceptions’ on Abortion: Rape, Incest, Life of the Mother'

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟613,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
What would it matter if not one single Democratic presidential candidate supports Christian values if conservative Christian Trump supporters aren't voting for a "Pastor-in-Chief"?
Yeah, but i certainly would not vote for Abortion Supporter-in-Chief either.....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, but i certainly would not vote for Abortion Supporter-in-Chief either.....

Donald Trump supports abortion in cases of rape, incest, and the risk of the mother's life.

Democrats support abortion in these three cases and in other situations involving an unborn child.

Is an unborn child more dead if his or her life is ended because the abortion was because the mother decided she didn't want her unborn child or because she thought she couldn't take care of her unborn child in contrast to the abortion was because of rape or incest or the risk of the mother's life?

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

Amen. The fact that President Trump defends the lives of the "least of these", is reason enough right there to vote him into office. He also defends Israel.

This video speaks of the Holocaust (those being led off to death). There is another Holocaust happening right here in America involving the tiniest and most defenseless and voiceless (the "least of these") amongst us, which is parallel to the dynamics in this video.

• Agree
Reactions: civilwarbuff
Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟613,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Donald Trump supports abortion in cases of rape, incest, and the risk of the mother's life.
We all have the right to defend our own lives so throwing out "the risk to the mother's life" carries no water as part of your assertion of being pro-abortion. If a woman was certain that having a child from rape/incest would 'destroy' their mental health I again would say that falls under the risk to life/health doctrine. Mental health is every bit as important to a person's life/well being as physical health. Others who believe that such an event would be something they can deal with choose otherwise and have.....

Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The question wasn't "was President Trump supposed to support your Christian values?" the question was had he? Since the answer to both questions would be "no" I'm not sure it would have made much difference to the poll results if either question would have been asked. :)
tulc(just a thought) :wave:

The irony in this thread implying that Donald Trump supports Christian values is off the charts.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟613,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Trump Disagrees With Recently Signed anti-Abortion Laws
From the above....
"Taking to twitter to comment on the controversial topic, President Trump told his followers that “as most people know, and for those who would like to know, I am strongly Pro-Life, with the three exceptions – Rape, Incest and protecting the Life of the mother – the same position taken by Ronald Reagan.”"
Trump Thinks AL Abortion Ban Goes Too Far, Says Rape/Incest Should Be Exceptions
From the above...
President Donald Trump tweeted on late Saturday night that he is “strongly Pro-Life, with the three exceptions – Rape, Incest and protecting the Life of the mother,” indicating that he disagrees with Alabama’s new severe abortion ban.

Democrats support abortion in these three cases and in other situations involving an unborn child.
See post #18 above.......Now you know why I have little problem with these exceptions.

Is an unborn child more dead if his or her life is ended because the abortion was because the mother decided she didn't want her unborn child or because she thought she couldn't take care of her unborn child in contrast to the abortion was because of rape or incest or the risk of the mother's life?
So here you pit a BIG IF against the certainty of death from abortion....man, that is a losing argument for sure.

• Agree
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0