So far -- has Trump supported your Christian values? POLL

Has Trump supported your Christian values?

• Yes

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • No

Votes: 30 63.8%
  • Didn't vote for a Pastor

Votes: 6 12.8%

• Total voters

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
...or he's not. Not even sort of. :wave:
tulc(having another cup of coffee) :coffee:

After watching his opponents on TV tonight
I think he will still take it in 2020.

The competition just aint adding up right.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟606,326.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution

M-Bob
And when it is added up right it comes to 100's of trillions of dollars......

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

M-Bob

Tell the truth Bob, did you really watch the Democratic debate tonight? Your mind is mind up anyways.

I don't think Donald will take it in 2020. Lord knows I pray that he doesn't. He doesn't support my Christian values in the least. My values being based on my savior Jesus Christ.

• Agree
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Tell the truth Bob, did you really watch the Democratic debate tonight? Your mind is mind up anyways.

I don't think Donald will take it in 2020. Lord knows I pray that he doesn't. He doesn't support my Christian values in the least. My values being based on my savior Jesus Christ.

That debate was a total joke.
Kind of what we expected.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

That debate was a total joke.
Kind of what we expected.

M-Bob

Of course that's what you'd say, Bob.

Lmbo, now what was not expected was that video. There's a whole lot of parodies of Donald Trump as The Joker. Hadn't heard the song, reckon it's from well before my time. Perfect one to describe your Donald! To get you up to up to speed, Bob, in present day that's not The Joker most folks think of.

He's been called "The Joker Understudy" in reference to the movie. It's close to bedtime so I won't induce nightmares with a pic of Donald as the Joker but you can Google image it.

Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0

A Realist

Living in Reality
Dec 27, 2018
Georgia
✟67,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

M-Bob
It's way too early to be predicting anything at this point.

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist

M-Bob
Given that 52% of the nation currently want Trump impeached and removed from office, "Mountainmanbob" must have taken up permanent residence in an "alternate universe!"

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"Mountainmanbob" must have taken up permanent residence in an "alternate universe!"

In my old age I hate that universe
but, oh boy in the younger years!

M-Bob

Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
A soldier of the civil authority must be taught not to kill men and to refuse to do so if he is commanded, and to refuse to take an oath. If he is unwilling to comply, he must be rejected for baptism. A military commander or civic magistrate must resign or be rejected. If a believer seeks to become a soldier, he must be rejected, for he has despised God.
— Hippolytus of Rome

Christian pacifism - Wikipedia
Early Christians would have rejected "Mountainsidebob's" whole premise that any leader of government/military can serve 2 masters - starting with taking their oath of office places them in a conflict of allegiences!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"Mountainsidebob's" whole premise that any leader of government/military can serve 2 masters - starting with taking their oath of office places them in a conflict of allegiences!

Not my premise.
M-Bob

Upvote 0

A Realist

Living in Reality
Dec 27, 2018
Georgia
✟67,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A soldier of the civil authority must be taught not to kill men and to refuse to do so if he is commanded, and to refuse to take an oath. If he is unwilling to comply, he must be rejected for baptism. A military commander or civic magistrate must resign or be rejected. If a believer seeks to become a soldier, he must be rejected, for he has despised God.
— Hippolytus of Rome

Christian pacifism - Wikipedia
Early Christians would have rejected "Mountainsidebob's" whole premise that any leader of government/military can serve 2 masters - starting with taking their oath of office places them in a conflict of allegiences!
....and yet Jesus did not refuse to heal the Roman centurion's servant because he was a soldier, nor was the centurion chastised, accused of "despising God" and rejected by Jesus because he was a soldier.

Instead, He healed the servant and declared that the centurion's faith was "greater than anything he had found in Israel".

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
....and yet Jesus did not refuse to heal the Roman centurion's servant because he was a soldier, nor was the centurion chastised, accused of "despising God" and rejected by Jesus because he was a soldier.

Instead, He healed the servant and declared that the centurion's faith was "greater than anything he had found in Israel".

Are you going to pay attention to this Jesus guy or are you going to be a good Christian and comply with the demands of Hippolytus of Rome?

Last edited:
Reactions: A Realist
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist

You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.' But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. (Matt. 5:38-39)

Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. (Matt. 5:43-48, Luke 6:27-28)

Put your sword back in its place… for all who draw the sword will die by the sword. (Matt. 26:52)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Matt. 5:9)

Hippoplytus of Rome based his writings on Christ's message that mankind can't serve 2 masters and that serving in the military was incompatible with that message!

Upvote 0

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Has Trump supported your Christian values?
M-Bob

Didn't vote for a Priest/Pastor. I and mine voted for a man that loves this country enough to fix after the disaster of the last eight years

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Didn't vote for a Priest/Pastor. I and mine voted for a man that loves this country enough to fix after the disaster of the last eight years

Even though Obama still has a few supporters.
It's just amazing that he ever got elected.
And what did he do while in office -- 0.

Unless we wish to count.
Messing up our medical system?
Very good with his apology tours?
Or the now famous Beer Summit?
M-Bob

• Winner
Reactions: charsan
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Even though Obama still has a few supporters.
...on the other hand he did manage to get elected by having more popular votes as well as more Electoral votes then the people he ran against (and he had significantly more Electoral then President Trump got as well) :wave:

It's just amazing that he ever got elected. (snip)
twice. And with many millions more votes then President Trump ever managed to get. I could also point out President Obama has been America's #1 most admired man every year since 2011...:oldthumbsup:
tulc(is just sayn') :sorry:

Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟426,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I voted no, because the answer is no. Not sure what else to say about that, really. Trump proves how little he cares about Christian values by doing things like this stunt he recently orchestrated with Turkey's invasion of Syria, which killed Christians in Qamishli, a historic Syriac Christian stronghold in the country (actually founded by Syriac Christians fleeing the Turkish genocides of the early 20th century; I guess Turkey is just trying to finish now what they couldn't completely finish then).

But it really is rather laughable and disgusting that this thread is being partially turned into a strange neo-hippie love fest about how evil the military apparently is (when it's supposed to be about how evil Trump is :p). Someone needs to tell the poster in question that for as many quotes as they can apparently dig up on Christian pacifism from Wikipedia or whatever, the same can be done with regard to the long tradition of Christian military saints (dating back to at least the 2nd century, with the likes of St. Eustathios). It would be pretty terrible to dismiss the likes of St. Philopateer Mercurius or St. Theodore El Shatby because look at what this other Christian saint said about serving in the military. The proper way to do things is not to take anyone in isolation as though their antiquity or ecclesiastical rank ought to prove a point to which everyone is bound forever after them (if that were the case, then surely the existence of married Popes in Alexandria -- the original 'papal church' -- such a HH St. Demetrius ought to be enough to end the tradition of clerical celibacy in the West that developed later via things like the Council of Elvira c. 306), but to see how things actually developed in the Church in question. In Hippolytus' case, even though he was an 'anti-Pope', that would still be the Roman Church, which has plenty of military saints.

As usual, things are not so black and white.

Upvote 0