catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,160,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Stop justifying hatred, evil and anarchy. There is no justification for that.
You are putting yourself in severe danger by what we know can prevent salvation:

1 Corinthians 6:10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor verbal abusers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.

Here's how you are in danger: I clearly and definitely pointed out the rioting/looting/arson as wrong -- I clearly am saying it's all wrong and harmful -- but here you misrepresent what I said to make it appear as if it was the opposite of what I actually said.

Where I said the rioting/arson/looting is wrong, you claim I justified it (which is clearly false).

That's a slander or a type of verbal abuse.

Such will prevent you from being able to be in heaven -- unless you confess and repent of it. The good news is that you can confess and repent -- read 1rst John chapters 1 and 2.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟559,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The fact you mentioned Chris Christie shows where you are. He is a typical deceptive politician that has been repeatedly exposed by both sides. It shows you do not see the wider picture of voting for those who are going to give us a Conservative country. While I cringe at many of his tweets and comments, Trump's radical accomplishments have been way beyond any President in my lifetime.

You obviously have an issue with true Conservatism rather than Trump.

Well, you have my nomination for the Poe-of-the-Day Award. Your comments are so divorced from reality I honestly can't tell if you're joking.

No, Trump isn't a "typical deceptive politician" - he lies much more than a typical politician and in much stupider, more obvious fashion. He doesn't just skew things in his favor; he just makes stuff up and pushes moronic conspiracy theories. He much more closely resembles a viewer of Fox News rather than one of their guests or commentators.

Trump isn't even a conservative. He's a huckster and a joke. I realize that my telling you that you've been brainwashed by his propaganda isn't going to convince you that you've been brainwashed, but rest assured, my issue is not with conservatism.

To be clear, I'm not defending Chris Christie - I'll concede I have a soft spot for the guy that I struggle to explain, but I still wouldn't have voted for him. Either way, Christie is everything "conservatives" say that wanted in Trump. The fact that they haven't given him a second look suggests to me that their true desires are something other than what they've claimed them to be.

Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, you have my nomination for the Poe-of-the-Day Award. Your comments are so divorced from reality I honestly can't tell if you're joking.

No, Trump isn't a "typical deceptive politician" - he lies much more than a typical politician and in much stupider, more obvious fashion. He doesn't just skew things in his favor; he just makes stuff up and pushes moronic conspiracy theories. He much more closely resembles a viewer of Fox News rather than one of their guests or commentators.

Trump isn't even a conservative. He's a huckster and a joke. I realize that my telling you that you've been brainwashed by his propaganda isn't going to convince you that you've been brainwashed, but rest assured, my issue is not with conservatism.

To be clear, I'm not defending Chris Christie - I'll concede I have a soft spot for the guy that I struggle to explain, but I still wouldn't have voted for him. Either way, Christie is everything "conservatives" say that wanted in Trump. The fact that they haven't given him a second look suggests to me that their true desires are something other than what they've claimed them to be.

Christie is not. He is a typical politician - he tells people what they want to hear. Trump tells people what they need to hear. That is not appreciate by this weak hyper-sensitive seeker-sensitive user-friendly man-pleasing generation.

Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are putting yourself in severe danger by what we know can prevent salvation:

1 Corinthians 6:10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor verbal abusers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.

Here's how you are in danger: I clearly and definitely pointed out the rioting/looting/arson as wrong -- I clearly am saying it's all wrong and harmful -- but here you misrepresent what I said to make it appear as if it was the opposite of what I actually said.

Where I said the rioting/arson/looting is wrong, you claim I justified it (which is clearly false).

That's a slander or a type of verbal abuse.

Such will prevent you from being able to be in heaven -- unless you confess and repent of it. The good news is that you can confess and repent -- read 1rst John chapters 1 and 2.

You are justifying their reasons for doing so. That is wrong. There is no justification. Stop doing it.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,160,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are justifying their reasons for doing so. That is wrong. There is no justification. Stop doing it.

I have clearly and repeatedly said the rioting and arson and looting and vandalism are wrong.

Over and over, and also in this thread.

When you claimed falsely I was 'justifying' those wrongs I had just pointing out as wrong that's rushing to judge without looking.

Rushing to judge without looking carefully is not only taking a risk of doing false witness -- the serious sin (one of the 10 Commandments) of claiming a person did something they did not do -- but is also directly disobeying Christ's instruction on how to judge actions/words:

John 7:24 Stop judging by outward appearances, and start judging justly."

Don't rush to judge without looking. Actually read what is posted, carefully, before rushing to characterize and judge.

Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have clearly and repeatedly said the rioting and arson and looting and vandalism are wrong.

Over and over, and also in this thread.

When you claimed falsely I was 'justifying' those wrongs I had just pointing out as wrong that's rushing to judge without looking.

Rushing to judge without looking carefully is not only taking a risk of doing false witness -- the serious sin (one of the 10 Commandments) of claiming a person did something they did not do -- but is also directly disobeying Christ's instruction on how to judge actions/words:

John 7:24 Stop judging by outward appearances, and start judging justly."

Don't rush to judge without looking. Actually read what is posted, carefully, before rushing to characterize and judge.

Justifying the rationale is justifying the acts. There is no other way to view it.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,160,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Justifying the rationale is justifying the acts. There is no other way to view it.
I will forgive you for making the false accusation I justified the sins of arson, looting, and such, which I have never justified -- but you need to fear God and begin to obey John 7:24.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,160,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sins harm the people doing the sin, in addition to harming others.

More -- some sins harm the sinner not only by accumulating a deadly debt of sin, but also harm them in additional ways, such as by directly harming their own life in a way that immediately hurts them here in this world, in this temporary life, also.

This can be a useful thing to know if we want to bring them the saving Good News of the gospel!

An example are the sins/wrong/evil of looting and vandalism and arson that some rioters do -- these serious sins not only accumulate an even larger debt of sin on the sinner, but additionally harm them in a 2nd way here and now, today. The sin of arson has these additional harms against the arsonist, usually -- by harming their local neighborhood for example and damaging businesses that are part of their own local economy, which they themselves need for employment.

Pointing out that 2nd harm doesn't cancel the first harm, of course.

I hope that's abundantly clear now.

It's important for "love your neighbor as yourself" that we not only judge wrongs, like arson, but we also try to understand/love the neighbor, even while they are a sinner.

It's not the sin we love -- no! -- but the person, even though they are lost and in need of salvation.

So, we want to understand them better, because we care about them as we are able, so that we might better bring them the gospel when we have a chance!

Just like Paul in Athens -- to understand the local people, so that we can better tell them about Christ, their only hope.

@sovereigngrace

Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I will forgive you for making the false accusation I justified the sins of arson, looting, and such, which I have never justified -- but you need to fear God and begin to obey John 7:24.

No, you need to.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,160,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, you need to.
You would not have misunderstood my first post you quoted if you had been following Christ's instruction to you in John 7:24. You would have tried to find out more before rushing to a wrong judgement. See now? I will try to make that post harder to misjudge.

But it served you (or can!) as it was, because it's revealed a serious wrong you are doing. Giving you a chance to repent before it's too late.

You'd be in danger on the Day of Judgement if you continue judging quickly without careful checking on what you are judging.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You would not have misunderstood my first post you quoted so badly and extremely if you had been following Christ's instruction to you in John 7:24. You would have tried to find out more before rushing to a wrong judgement. See now? I will though try to aid anyone that didn't understand that original post by making it harder to misjudge. So in that way you could be right. But you are also in the wrong, very seriously, in a way that is very , very dangerous to you, if you continue in it day after day, if you continue judging quickly without careful checking on what you are judging.

I am not getting down into the gutter with you. Thanks for the conversation.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,160,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am not getting down into the gutter with you. Thanks for the conversation.
You'll never be in the gutter during times when you are doing what Christ said to do, such as John 7:24.

Upvote 0

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You'll never be in the gutter during times when you are doing what Christ said to do, such as John 7:24.

That is why I am a Pastor. I do not need you to lecture me about service. You seem more interested in politics.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,160,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is why I am a Pastor. I do not need you to lecture me about service. You seem more interested in politics.
In regards to 'politics' I'm very interested in how to help my brothers and sisters return to following Christ instead of some man -- putting their trust in God where it belongs(!), instead of putting their main focus/trust/hope in a mortal man, a leader on Earth --

Psalm 146:3 Put not your trust in princes, in mortal man, who cannot save.

What is it a person focuses on most?

What is their main hope and effort?

What comes first in their life?

Do they hope for an earthly salvation from an earthly leader? That's a road to death.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟559,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Christie is not. He is a typical politician - he tells people what they want to hear. Trump tells people what they need to hear.

Like when he touted hydroxychloroquine as a treatment for covid? Or when he said Mexico was going to pay for the wall? Or when he said that his inauguration crowd was bigger than Obama's? Or when he claims that there were millions of fraudulent votes cast in 2016? Or that the Mueller report exonerated him? Or that Ukraine tried to influence our election? Or that he's going to release his tax returns? Or that he's going to "drain the swamp"? Or that he's not going to have time to golf? Or that he's going to divest himself of his business interests?

Like those things they needed to hear?

That is not appreciate by this weak hyper-sensitive seeker-sensitive user-friendly man-pleasing generation.

No, instead, Trump has cultivated his own cadre of hyper-sensitive fanboys, "deplorables" constantly bristling at any perceived slight or injustice from the coastal libtards.

I don't even know how to have a conversation with someone so steeped in his propaganda - it's like talking to someone embedded in a cult.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sovereigngrace

Dec 9, 2019
USA
Visit site
✟202,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Like when he touted hydroxychloroquine as a treatment for covid? Or when he said Mexico was going to pay for the wall? Or when he said that his inauguration crowd was bigger than Obama's? Or when he claims that there were millions of fraudulent votes cast in 2016? Or that the Mueller report exonerated him? Or that Ukraine tried to influence our election? Or that he's going to release his tax returns? Or that he's going to "drain the swamp"? Or that he's not going to have time to golf? Or that he's going to divest himself of his business interests?

Like those things they needed to hear?

No, instead, Trump has cultivated his own cadre of hyper-sensitive fanboys, "deplorables" constantly bristling at any perceived slight or injustice from the coastal libtards.

I don't even know how to have a conversation with someone so steeped in his propaganda - it's like talking to someone embedded in a cult.

Liberals and the wishy-washy Republicans have a lot to fear from him. I understand.

Upvote 0