Married
Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟213,723.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Over 70 former GOP national security officials endorse Biden

More than 70 former national security officials who served under Republican administrations have endorsed Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden, joining a wave of GOP voices throwing their support behind the former vice president.

That has nothing to do with the thread. All it shows is what voters knew all along that when voting for Trump it was a vote against the establishment which actually meant a certain amount Republicans and Democrat. The Republican Party now is the NEW Republican party. Maybe the ones you mentioned are from the OLD.

Now back to the OP. What's that tell one when Dem Mayors are voting for Trump? Doesn't it tell you they KNOW his polices are GOOD for the people of their region? And given that Minn has usually always voted Democrat....then what does this mean? And if their mayors are feeling this then what does that tell us about how they're feeling their people are thinking about this????

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,152,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That has nothing to do with the thread. All it shows is what voters knew all along that when voting for Trump it was a vote against the establishment which actually meant a certain amount Republicans and Democrat. The Republican Party now is the NEW Republican party. Maybe the ones you mentioned are from the OLD.

Now back to the OP. What's that tell one when Dem Mayors are voting for Trump? Doesn't it tell you they KNOW his polices are GOOD for the people of their region? And given that Minn has usually always voted Democrat....then what does this mean? And if their mayors are feeling this then what does that tell us about how they're feeling their people are thinking about this????
That every year, each and every one, some in one party will endorse someone from another party. This year the trend appears to be that a lot from the Republican Party -- people still alive, thank you -- are endorsing Biden.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟213,723.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,152,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Except you forget my friend that you can have wolves in sheep's clothing. Some of the biggest bullies are polite ones.
Thus we can look to the entire list, and not just 1 or 2 selected things.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,224,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Dem mayor in MN endorsing Trump because 'he is looking out for our way of life'

Mayor Andrea Zupancich of Babbitt, Minnesota is endorsing Trump plus 5-6 other Dem Mayors. If they're doing that is everything really starting to fall apart for Joe?
Um, do you know how small Babbitt is? Babbitt has a population of 1475. Tiny place.
The mayors are Zupancich, Chris Swanson of Two Harbors, John Champa of Chisholm, Larry Cuffe of Virginia, Chuck Novak of Ely, and Robert Vlaisavljevich of Eveleth.
Ely is also tiny, but twice the size of Babbitt. Eveleth and Two Harbors about the same. Virginia is substantially bigger with about 9000 people..

More significant than their tiny populations is that these cities and towns are on the Iron Range in northern Minnesota, long a bastion of organized labor and long a stronghold of the Democratic Party. This is a sea change politically. The 'Range' if lost to the Democrats means only two counties in the whole state where Democrats have a guaranteed outcome.

Hillary almost lost Minnesota four years ago. The independent vote was far bigger than her slim margin of victory. I think Minnesota is in play this year again.

• Informative
Reactions: Bobber
Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

More than 70 former national security officials who served under Republican administrations have endorsed Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden, joining a wave of GOP voices throwing their support behind the former vice president.

You've heard of President Trump's "Drain The Swamp" meme before, yes? Well, those people are the proverbial swamp. The Democrats can keep them, the Republicans don't want them. If anything, that's a clear case of addition by subtraction.

But Minnesota is a Democrat stronghold from way back. The Democrats losing Minnesota would be... embarrassing.

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm more interested instead in this way of judging a candidate. How much of these do they show:

"...love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control."
Where does burning down major cities fit in there?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

A_Thinker

Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟931,284.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,224,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
You've heard of President Trump's "Drain The Swamp" meme before, yes? Well, those people are the proverbial swamp. The Democrats can keep them, the Republicans don't want them. If anything, that's a clear case of addition by subtraction.

But Minnesota is a Democrat stronghold from way back. The Democrats losing Minnesota would be... embarrassing.
It almost happened in the last election.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟812,249.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
  • Informative
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,152,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There's nothing troubling about mayors in a few tiny towns, none could really be called a city.
All The Republicans Who Have Endorsed Joe Biden For President

That was informative. --

"Biden has won the endorsements of four Republican cabinet secretaries ...(lists)... and Bush administration Secretary of State Colin Powell and ... (! Colin Powell!)

Anthony Scaramucci, who served as Trump’s White House communications director for just two weeks, endorsed Biden and called Trump “crazy,” while former Homeland Security Department Chief of Staff Miles Taylor accused Trump of withholding disaster aid from blue states and claiming “magical authorities” above the law."

Quite informative. I think you should make this a new post actually, since it is substantive, in telling what those really experienced in serving in the White House think.

• Agree
Reactions: Yarddog
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chevyontheriver

Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,224,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Ah, not of the spirit. And, according to the scripture, worse than that will come.
If Trump wins and Biden loses more cities will burn. Cities with Democratic mayors in states with Democratic governors mostly. What did they used to say? Something about 'Burn baby burn'. That's why I'm voting Democrat. Maybe if Biden wins they won't burn down my house.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,224,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,152,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If Trump wins and Biden loses more cities will burn. Cities with Democratic mayors in states with Democratic governors mostly. What did they used to say? Something about 'Burn baby burn'. That's why I'm voting Democrat. Maybe if Biden wins they won't burn down my house.

Update -- the serious sins of arson, looting (theft), vandalism -- these harm the sinner in more than only 1 way. It can help us to bring them the gospel if we can better understand them.

----

When rioters burn stuff it seems they usually burn small businesses and sometimes chain businesses (but those are harder to burn and so not too often), and occasionally abandoned houses. But in general they don't burn houses.

It's often remarked that in burning small businesses they are especially hurting their own local economy. It's self defeating in that way too (that additional way).

I think they get so frustrated about not being able to do well in combination with the idea that its prejudice against them that explains their situation/condition of being unemployed (which is partly true, but not the whole picture, as personal responsibility is very key to life, and anyone can make it with hard work, even though of course in America many that work hard are indeed factually cheated by others too often (and God will see Justice! done about that on the Day of Judgement! where many that don't realize they are going to the second death will go to the second death for these serious unrepentant sins like racial prejudice).

==========

Update --
Sins harm the people doing the sin, in addition to harming others.

Some sins harm the sinner not only by accumulating a deadly debt of sin, but also immediately hurts them here in this world, in this temporary life, also.

This can be a useful thing to know if we want to bring them the saving Good News of the gospel!

An example are the sins/wrong/evil of looting and vandalism and arson that some rioters do -- these serious sins not only accumulate an even larger debt of sin on the sinner, but additionally harm them in a 2nd way here and now, today.

The sin of arson has these additional harms against the arsonist, usually -- by harming their local neighborhood for example and damaging businesses that are part of their own local economy, which they themselves need for employment.

It's important for "love your neighbor as yourself" that we not only judge wrongs, like arson, but we also try to understand/love the neighbor, even while they are a sinner.

It's not the sin we love -- no! -- but the person, even though they are lost and in need of salvation.

So, we want to understand them better, because we care about them as we are able, so that we might better bring them the gospel when we have a chance!

Just like Paul in Athens -- to understand the local people, so that we can better tell them about Christ, their only hope.

While we might begin by talking with a group about how arson hurt the local economy, then we having their attention, and speaking about something they recognize and care about, can then continue in talking about what is ultimately more important -- the saving Good News of Jesus Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,224,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
When rioters burn stuff it seems they usually burn small businesses and sometimes chain businesses (but those are harder to burn and so not too often), and occasionally abandoned houses. But in general they don't burn houses.

It's often remarked that in burning small businesses they are especially hurting their own local economy. It's self defeating in that way too (that additional way).

I think they get so frustrated about not being able to do well in combination with the idea that its prejudice against them that explains their situation/condition of being unemployed (which is partly true, but not the whole picture, as personal responsibility is very key to life, and anyone can make it with hard work, even though of course in America many that work hard are indeed factually cheated by others too often (and God will see Justice! done about that on the Day of Judgement! where many that don't realize they are going to the second death will go to the second death for these serious unrepentant sins like racial prejudice).
So would burning down parts of my neighborhood be justice? I hope that's not what you are saying.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,152,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So would burning down parts of my neighborhood be justice? I hope that's not what you are saying.
Seriously you got that from what I wrote?? How? I can't see how it's even possible. You should have at least gotten the opposite, and some other things far more important too. (did you read what I wrote? was it too long?)

Ok, I see. You must not have read what I wrote. I can understand that. Was it too long?

Upvote 0