Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yep, you will be alright as long as you comply even though you've done nothing wrong.

Well, technically he did trespass, whether he realized it or not. Again, not familiar with the area he was sitting in or how it was labeled.

I've wandered into areas I didn't belong before. On one occasion I was yelled at and told if I didn't get my scrawny white tookus out of there they were gonna call the cops. I don't know who yelled but my tookus got out of there pretty fast!

And there's still the part where he was carrying marijuana. Look, I don't care if people smoke pot, although I think how it affects us vary from person to person, but currently it's not legal here in Minnesota. There was no way for the officers to know that he had marijuana on him until he was at that station, so I realize that doesn't come into play with the specific charge, but he WAS carrying marijuana. Why does it seem like people who get in trouble with the police in this manner usually are doing SOMETHING illegal, even if it's not what they were actually arrested for?

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟184,200.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Sure is a scary looking guy. If I was a cop I would question him just for the way he looks. I see 'guilt' written all over his face....I mean, he's black.

stPaularrest.jpg

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Sure is a scary looking guy. If I was a cop I would question him just for the way he looks. I see 'guilt' written all over his face....I mean, he's black.

Those eyebrows are a crime.

I don't look at a black person and think "oh he's guilty" but I DO look at actions.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,485,821.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And herein lies the problem, police officers making illegal demands and then arresting the citizen for nothing. And for all the Tea Party talk about government intrusion and abuse, they are quite mum on the subject when it involves black people. Suddenly they demand complete submission to authority regardless of the justification (or lack thereof).

Well, to be fair, Rand Paul has been talking about it.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟184,200.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Those eyebrows are a crime.

I don't look at a black person and think "oh he's guilty" but I DO look at actions.

I agree. A black guy -with dreads- sitting in a public area waiting to pick up his children screams 'guilty'. I was under the impression that black children had no fathers in their lives....

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I agree. A black guy -with dreads- sitting in a public area waiting to pick up his children screams 'guilty'. I was under the impression that black children had no fathers in their lives....

So you are familiar with this area then? You know that it is indeed a "public" area?

Most black kids do not have their fathers in the picture. Supposedly this guy has kids in daycare. I have no proof of that other than he was saying he was waiting to pick them up at 10. Of course, suddenly those kids weren't at the daycare yet when the police asked him if there was anyone they could call to go get the children.

But gosh, let's just ignore that.

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Which also reminds me: more than half of the links to this story had VERY misleading titles, as I mentioned before, but I noticed that none of the ones who claim he was tasered in front of his children have retracted that headline.

Truth in journalism, folks.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟184,200.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Black man breaks law. Black man refuses to comply with lawful order. Black man resists arrest Black man cries racism. Same old story, new actors :doh:

Only problem is no law was broken

:wave:

case dismissed too

:wave:

sitting while black is breaking laws.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CaDan

I remember orange CF
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2004
The Society of the Spectacle
✟71,545.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, technically he did trespass, whether he realized it or not. Again, not familiar with the area he was sitting in or how it was labeled.

I've wandered into areas I didn't belong before. On one occasion I was yelled at and told if I didn't get my scrawny white tookus out of there they were gonna call the cops. I don't know who yelled but my tookus got out of there pretty fast!

And there's still the part where he was carrying marijuana. Look, I don't care if people smoke pot, although I think how it affects us vary from person to person, but currently it's not legal here in Minnesota. There was no way for the officers to know that he had marijuana on him until he was at that station, so I realize that doesn't come into play with the specific charge, but he WAS carrying marijuana. Why does it seem like people who get in trouble with the police in this manner usually are doing SOMETHING illegal, even if it's not what they were actually arrested for?

That was never charged out. Wanna bet SPD wasn't willing to defend the arrest, since this was taken in a search incident to arrest?

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married

Remember that when someone trespasses on your property.

He DID break the law. He was sitting in a private area, according to the call in and the police report.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟184,200.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
So you are familiar with this area then? You know that it is indeed a "public" area?

Most black kids do not have their fathers in the picture. Supposedly this guy has kids in daycare. I have no proof of that other than he was saying he was waiting to pick them up at 10. Of course, suddenly those kids weren't at the daycare yet when the police asked him if there was anyone they could call to go get the children.

But gosh, let's just ignore that.

I listened to his who account a bit ago. Perhaps if you take the time to hear what he has to say you won't have to be guessing?

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
That was never charged out. Wanna bet SPD wasn't willing to defend the arrest, since this was taken in a search incident to arrest?

Oh I'm certain of that. Had there been no physical altercation, he'd probably be at home smoking his pipes. As it stands, I'm okay with them not charging him on it, since the only reason they got it was because of the altercation. It's good enough they got it and he doesn't have it anymore.

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I listened to his who account a bit ago. Perhaps if you take the time to hear what he has to say you won't have to be guessing?

His "who account"? I don't know what that means.

So far I've read everything that said he couldn't be reached for comment. If you have something from him, by all means, please link it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CaDan

I remember orange CF
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2004
✟71,545.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Black man breaks law. Black man refuses to comply with lawful order. Black man resists arrest Black man cries racism. Same old story, new actors :doh:

White man shows up to explain it all to us.

Thank you for your service!

Upvote 0

CaDan

I remember orange CF
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2004
✟71,545.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh I'm certain of that. Had there been no physical altercation, he'd probably be at home smoking his pipes. As it stands, I'm okay with them not charging him on it, since the only reason they got it was because of the altercation. It's good enough they got it and he doesn't have it anymore.

So. Searches without probable cause, reasonable suspicion, or a warrant are OK to you.

Why do you hate America?

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟184,200.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
His "who account"? I don't know what that means.

So far I've read everything that said he couldn't be reached for comment. If you have something from him, by all means, please link it.

account

a report or description of an event or experience.

I listened to his hour long interview describing the specifics of the case. It's out there for those who really want to hear his account.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

case dismissed too

sitting while black is breaking laws.
If you're o n private property and the security personnel and subsequently the police tell you that you are in a restricted area and you refuse to leave, you're trespassing and have broken the law. :wave:

Upvote 0