United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

written by Newt Gingrich

It’s becoming increasingly clear that U.S. Rep. Liz Cheney was dishonest, manipulative, and destructive while serving on the Jan. 6 Committee.

A lawsuit filed by my friend and long-time attorney Stefan Passantino on Dec. 20, 2023 lays it out.

I know both participants well. I entered Congress in 1978 with Liz Cheney’s father, Dick Cheney. I watched Liz Cheney become a competent, effective implementor of American policy around the world. Few things have made me sadder than watching her drift into an anti-Trump fanaticism – which ultimately convinced her that breaking the rules, destroying innocent people, and pandering fake news were justified behaviors.

Years later, I got to know Stefan Passantino. Since 1998, he has been legal counsel for me and for our companies. He is a thoughtful, scholarly, and deeply ethical attorney. Passantino represents his clients with integrity and a passionate commitment to protecting them and seeing justice done.

I was proud of Passantino when he served as Deputy White House Counsel focusing on federal compliance and government ethics. We could not have imagined how he would later be smeared and lied about by Congresswoman Liz Cheney and the Jan. 6 Committee.

Liz Cheney and the committee’s ongoing process of dishonesty, violating attorney-client privilege, and leaking to friendly leftwing media was a total perversion of the congressional system. It was a dishonest effort to destroy innocent people of integrity with one-sided lies and smears.

Fortunately, Chairman Barry Loudermilk, who leads the House Administration Subcommittee on Oversight (on which I served for over a decade), has doggedly looked into the Jan. 6 Committee’s lies and manipulations. In the coming months, we will be shocked at the stunning dishonesty Chairman Loudermilk will reveal.

Passantino represented several witnesses before the Jan. 6 Committee with no problems. He represented Cassidy Hutchinson with precisely the same integrity. In fact, he represented Hutchinson through multiple interviews covering about 20 hours.

Hutchinson was a desirable witness for the Committee, because she entered the White House in her early 20s and became Special Assistant to the President and Coordinator for Legislative Affairs. She reported to Chief of Staff Mark Meadows and had an office in the West Wing just a few feet from the Oval Office.

Liz Cheney apparently decided Hutchinson would make a star witness – if only she would say the right things.

In an amazingly inappropriate and unethical move, Liz Cheney herself (along with a small number of senior staff) approached Hutchinson after her second committee interview without informing her Passantino. Liz Cheney then called Cassidy in for a third interview, with Passantino again serving as counsel, with neither Cassidy nor Cheney ever informing Passantino that they had been speaking without his knowledge. Contacting Hutchinson without informing Passantino was clearly unethical, and it appears as if Liz Cheney instructed Cassidy not to tell Passantino they had spoken. This was a profound breach of legal ethics. Liz Cheney knew this well. She earned her law degree from the University of Chicago.

As a senior member of Congress (and the national media’s anointed hero), Liz Cheney approached and sought to manipulate an isolated, frightened woman in her mid-20s. Does that sound appropriate? I suspect Liz Cheney knew she was doing something wrong because she apparently did not tell her fellow committee members.

After being manipulated by Cheney, Hutchinson dismissed Passantino and hired a new lawyer who was eager to cooperate with the committee. Suddenly, Hutchinson’s testimony started changing. As Chairman Loudermilk has said:

“Cassidy Hutchinson tried to explain her dramatic changes in testimony by blaming her initial lawyer, Stefan Passantino. Our discovery of Cassidy’s errata sheet showing just how substantially her story changed, raises serious concerns about her credibility. Until now, her version of the story was the only one.”

This article written by Newt Gingrich has more to it than what I am quoting here. Please go to the web link in order to read what else he wrote. This is some very interesting stuff there, in my opinion.

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟275,955.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Given multiple interviews with Hutchinson - discussing very clearly how she was receiving poor legal advice that was predicated on support for a particular narrative - I suspect this lawsuit is on VERY shaky ground.

<---- Directly addresses the question around 6:15

Given that Mr Passantino is the subject of multiple ethics complaints (and possible disbarment) relating to his behaviour in the matter, I suspect this is just standard 'Trump world' lawfare as retaliation for not towing the line and working on the Jan 6th Committee:

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

written by Newt Gingrich

This article written by Newt Gingrich has more to it than what I am quoting here. Please go to the web link in order to read what else he wrote. This is some very interesting stuff there, in my opinion.
OR...the truth...

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What a pathetic attempt at undermining the credibility of Cassedy Hutchinson - one of the very few people in the Trump White House with the strentgh of character to bravely step forward and tell the truth.

Given that Mr Passantino is the subject of multiple ethics complaints (and possible disbarment) relating to his behaviour in the matter, I suspect this is just standard 'Trump world' lawfare as retaliation for not towing the line and working on the Jan 6th Committee:

I hope Passantino is exposed for the snake that he is.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
What a pathetic attempt at undermining the credibility of Cassedy Hutchinson - one of the very few people in the Trump White House with the strentgh of character to bravely step forward and tell the truth.

Ms. Hutchinson has go to great lengths not to impugn her former Trump-paid lawyer and now he is suing people. SMH. Whatever whirlwind he reaps, he certainly sowed.

• Agree
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

perplexed

Jun 22, 2005
✟101,338.00
Faith
Seeker
Basically seems to be a he said she said.

Cassidys take on things is basically the opposite.

"But if I do remember things but not every little detail, and I say I don't recall, wouldn't I be perjuring myself," she asked.29 Mr. Passantino, her attorney, the one from whom she was seeking advice about how to conduct herself in order to comply with the law and avoid conduct that could produce severe repercussions, evaded a straight answer. Instead, he said: The committee doesn't know what you can and can't recall, so we want to be able to use that as much as we can unless you really, really remember something very clearly. And that's when you give a short, sweet response. You don't want to get ahead of their questioning. Let them ask the questions. And you'll know."

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

Stefan Passantino Is In A World Of Hurt

When your lawyer tells you its okay to tell investigators you don’t remember when in fact you do remember …. wow.

Over the last 48 hours, things have come apart quickly for former Trump White House deputy counsel Stefan Passantino.

Monday the executive summary of the Jan. 6 committee, without naming Passantino, detailed some of what he was allegedly doing and saying when he represented former Mark Meadows aide Cassidy Hutchinson before the committee.

By Tuesday, Passantino — who denies any wrongdoing and says he represented Hutchinson “honorably, ethically, and fully consistent with her sole interests as she communicated them to me” — had taken a leave of absence from one of his law firms.

By late Tuesday, CNN had publicly identified Passantino as Hutchinson’s former lawyer. The NYT soon followed suit.

What in the world?

Taking a "leave of absence from his law firm" sounds like the partners are trying to distance themselves from this guy. So they take it seriously. Not a good sign for Stefan.

Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

written by Newt Gingrich

Tree. Limb. Mendacity.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private

written by Newt Gingrich

The title Newt wrote is deceptive, and incorrect....to target just one person in an opinion piece for reasons unknown.

The lawsuit is:

STEFAN PASSANTINO,
c/o Binnall Law Group
717 King Street, Suite 200
Alexandria, Virginia 22314,
Plaintiff,
v.
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,
Defendant.

PARTIES
7. Plaintiff Stefan Passantino is an individual who is a citizen of the
State of Georgia, who regularly represents clients in Washington, D.C., as an
Case 2:23-mi-99999-UNA Document 193 Filed 12/20/23 Page 3 of 26
attorney. At the time of the events and allegations in this Complaint, Mr.
Passantino was counsel for a witness before the United States House of
Representatives Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack on
the United States.
8. Defendant United States of America includes the United States
Congress and all government agencies and departments responsible for the
wrongful acts of its employees acting within the scope or office of their
employment while investigating the events of January 6 at the Capitol and
bringing false allegations of Plaintiff and is sued under 28 U.S.C. § 1346 and 5
U.S.C. §§ 702–703.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

We have her own words....in her own writing.

She's a fraud.

Upvote 0