Cape Town, South Africa
✟209,743.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Lol okay, we’ll give you that recent win at Paris :)

Well, we have to take what we can get. You're still way better than us at the 15-man game.

Cricket? I always thought the Aussies were League fanatics:scratch:

I think they're fanatics about sport in general. But Australia were very dominant at cricket for a long time (and are still pretty good), and while it is a bit of a generalisation, the stereotypical Australian cricketer wasn't particularly humble about it, which makes beating them all the more satisfying. Your cricket players are much nicer chaps, so there isn't the animosity there.

• Agree
Reactions: Mel2020
Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,007,802.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I don't know why people complain about being single.

Every relationship status has good and bad points, and some see mostly the latter.

Upvote 0

NW82

Jul 22, 2017
Chicago, IL
✟80,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
I don’t get why people who are single, almost complain about being single when you can obviously find someone on here who is saying the same thing.

#GoGeddem ;)
When you're single for 10 years because your spouse cheated on you and tossed you out like a piece of trash when you didn't do anything wrong, then you can say this. I've done everything I can think of. I've prayed, begged, pleaded and cried before God and He ignores my pain. I think about ending the pain everyday and I have to come up with a reason not to... everyday. So if that's complaining, thanks.

Upvote 0
Jul 1, 2018
New Jerusalem
✟8,863.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not inspired without opposite sex influence. I'm sad, so alone and not feeling good enough.

Attachments

• IMG_20180619_235434.jpg
    IMG_20180619_235434.jpg
    300.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Prayers
Upvote 0

Mel2020

Not perfect
May 9, 2018
WGTN
✟21,903.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When you're single for 10 years because your spouse cheated on you and tossed you out like a piece of trash when you didn't do anything wrong, then you can say this. I've done everything I can think of. I've prayed, begged, pleaded and cried before God and He ignores my pain. I think about ending the pain everyday and I have to come up with a reason not to... everyday. So if that's complaining, thanks.
You either can drown in your sorrows & let it consume you or do summin about it and really let God take over.

We all go through things in our lives that break us but we have to have faith and believe that God is bigger than all of our worries, hurt, pain etc. if we keep dwelling on what hurt us, then we can never grow spiritually.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NW82

Jul 22, 2017
Chicago, IL
✟80,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
You either can drown in your sorrows & let it consume you or do summin about it and really let God take over.

We all go through things in our lives that break us but we have to have faith and believe that God is bigger than all of our worries, hurt, pain etc. if we keep dwelling on what hurt us, then we can never grow spiritually.
Do something about it? Did you read my post? I have and nothing works or changes. This is the problem I'm talking about. Telling me it's my fault and I need to do something. Once again, I HAVE and nothing changes. I have done multiple things, before you say try something else.

Upvote 0

Zipadee

Mar 28, 2016
Michigan
✟17,684.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Praying for you that you can continue to (or begin) to heal from how your wife's choices affected you. I'm so sorry that you are living with daily pain.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I don’t get why people who are single, almost complain about being single when you can obviously find someone on here who is saying the same thing.

#GoGeddem ;)

Because "being single and wanting to get married" is not most peoples only criteria for starting a relationship. I personally believe that being close enough to interact in person on a regular basis is also a minimum requirement.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Northbrook

No sé vivir sin Dios
Jul 19, 2018
Chicago
✟39,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
blackribbon wrote:
>> ...being close enough to interact in person on a regular basis is also a minimum requirement

Not only that, but when I think of meeting someone on the internet, I am reminded of what William Butler Yeats said. He said, "Wine goeth in at the mouth,/And love cometh in at the eye;/That's all we shall know for truth,/Ere we grow old and die." See how it says love cometh in AT THE EYE? As in the old-fashioned way, where you noticed someone in your town, found out their name, then started using your little brain thinking up a way to meet them, got them to like you, and eventually started dating them? I know a photo also "cometh in at the eye," but what about the way they carry themselves? Think George Harrison ("Something in the way she moves...")

• Informative
Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
blackribbon wrote:
>> ...being close enough to interact in person on a regular basis is also a minimum requirement

Not only that, but when I think of meeting someone on the internet, I am reminded of what William Butler Yeats said. He said, "Wine goeth in at the mouth,/And love cometh in at the eye;/That's all we shall know for truth,/Ere we grow old and die." See how it says love cometh in AT THE EYE? As in the old-fashioned way, where you noticed someone in your town, found out their name, then started using your little brain thinking up a way to meet them, got them to like you, and eventually started dating them? I know a photo also "cometh in at the eye," but what about the way they carry themselves? Think George Harrison ("Something in the way she moves...")

I want to be close enough to hold hands,

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Jul 13, 2018
New Jersey
✟10,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I've done everything I can think of. I've prayed, begged, pleaded and cried before God and He ignores my pain. I think about ending the pain everyday and I have to come up with a reason not to... everyday.

Hello I can relate to half of what you said because I was never married. But keeping this short and not going into to much detail I’m extremely lonely I’ve only had one girlfriend but that didn’t last long maybe a few weeks I guess. Anyway been single for 12 years and have done online dating for 11 years until giving up. So I haven’t been on any dates either. To me online dating doesn’t work for me and never will. I’ve been dying to be in a relationship but its just not happening I’ve tried a lot and maybe don’t deserve one. But keeping this short even though I try to be happy in public I also think about ending the pain everyday and tried a few times only difference is I haven’t found a reason to keep going.

Aaaanyway hope things get better for you and everyone. It’s rough out there. :)

• Friendly
Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I think people idealize what having a relationship is like. It is wonderful in the beginning but if you fall in love and the other person doesn't or falls out of love, it hurts on levels that you can't understand. Often enough that you wish you never had met them or experienced the beginning feelings of love. Also, even if you get to the point of marrying, there comes a time when you and/or they stop trying to please you and the real personalities come out. This is a hard time because you are trapped in a forever relationship. This often becomes a time when the "two that became one" go back into being two people that live in the same house only as platonic roomates...or worse, roommates that avoid each other. Anger, frustration, and loneliness become normal feelings. This is when many marriages die and people then just become roommates or get divorced. The emotions that come from divorce include betrayal, rejection, and you begin to question your value as person who deserves to feel love. Being single with a focus on being married often has many of the same feelings without the damage of having a broken heart and the status as being a failure in marriage on top of it.

If your focus is on "poor me, why can't I find a relationship" or "I'd just be happy if I found someone to love me", you are wasting your life mourning something that isn't real. We are to learn to be content with the life God has given us and to use our opportunities to serve him and find our selves as single people, individual in Christ. Anything else makes having a spouse/or dating partner your idol.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Mel2020

Not perfect
May 9, 2018
WGTN
✟21,903.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello I can relate to half of what you said because I was never married. But keeping this short and not going into to much detail I’m extremely lonely I’ve only had one girlfriend but that didn’t last long maybe a few weeks I guess. Anyway been single for 12 years and have done online dating for 11 years until giving up. So I haven’t been on any dates either. To me online dating doesn’t work for me and never will. I’ve been dying to be in a relationship but its just not happening I’ve tried a lot and maybe don’t deserve one. But keeping this short even though I try to be happy in public I also think about ending the pain everyday and tried a few times only difference is I haven’t found a reason to keep going.

Aaaanyway hope things get better for you and everyone. It’s rough out there. :)
Reading this makes me sad. There’s more to life then just trying to find a partner. And also i will pray for you cos I’m concerned about the whole “ending pain” comment. Please know that God loves you dearly okay. He wants the best for you, when you seek Him earnestly and whole heartedly.

Upvote 0
Jul 13, 2018
New Jersey
✟10,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Reading this makes me sad. There’s more to life then just trying to find a partner. And also i will pray for you cos I’m concerned about the whole “ending pain” comment. Please know that God loves you dearly okay. He wants the best for you, when you seek Him earnestly and whole heartedly.

Oh yea I know there is more to life then that. But I’m not someone who attracts friends doesnt matter how fun or friendly I am it just doesnt workout. So being alone for so long meaning no relationships and really now friend seeing people in relationship and seeing how they care about each other gets you know. The three supposed friends I have 2 are married and I never get to talk to even when I call and 1 is always working. As for my “ending pain” it will always be there like a stalker just waiting but on the rare occasion I do want to talk about it they don’t pick up or say I should get out more even though I do go out but you know.

But its something I want of course I don’t need It technically, but I’ve stopped looking finally.

But hey thanks for the prayers though :)

• Friendly
Upvote 0