timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,159.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
This would not be a good pool to fish from. The internet is the worst thing for real relationships.

A few of my relatives met their dream husbands and wives through internet. One is married for 10 years now and family is quite successful and happy. Another met theirs from another country.

There are advantages with internet. You have greater pool to select from and your choices are not limited to just your geographic location. Like perhaps, you might hate your own culture and like to find someone from another culture like from another country. Internet gives you that option.

Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,004,874.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
It would be a violation of forums rules in CF to approach anyone in the context of having relationships.

Although a few couples have met here in CF, it's a lot harder to meet anyone via CF than with dating websites.

It's a violation to openly post seeking a relationship, but if couples get together in private, there's no issue.

Upvote 0

Kevin Snow

May 14, 2018
Wesley Chapel
✟24,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
A few of my relatives met their dream husbands and wives through internet. One is married for 10 years now and family is quite successful and happy. Another met theirs from another country.

There are advantages with internet. You have greater pool to select from and your choices are not limited to just your geographic location. Like perhaps, you might hate your own culture and like to find someone from another culture like from another country. Internet gives you that option.
You provide reasonable answers to this and by all accounts I agree with you. I made a vow not to take a woman from the United States before God and so it would seem my solution would be as you say, to rely on the internet. But my faith in God is greater than this and my objection to the internet is on fundamental grounds. I do not believe in the internet on a core level and I do not think people should rely on it. I am a dying breed and always will be, Lord willing.

Upvote 0

Mel2020

Not perfect
May 9, 2018
WGTN
✟21,903.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Very true. I know of a few couples who have met their spouses via internet-happily married.

Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

Mel2020

Not perfect
May 9, 2018
WGTN
✟21,903.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I made a vow not to take a woman from the United States before God.....
Well, you’re right and we shouldn’t put anything before God really. But what confuses me is that you’ve already made a decision about not being with a woman from USA - what if God had different plans & wanted you with a woman from USA?

Reactions: BonnieL322
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,159.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
You provide reasonable answers to this and by all accounts I agree with you. I made a vow not to take a woman from the United States before God and so it would seem my solution would be as you say, to rely on the internet. But my faith in God is greater than this and my objection to the internet is on fundamental grounds. I do not believe in the internet on a core level and I do not think people should rely on it. I am a dying breed and always will be, Lord willing.

That's a very interesting life statement. Both your perspective on the internet and the ideal woman for you.

In that case, you have a choice to travel around if you can afford it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kevin Snow

May 14, 2018
Wesley Chapel
✟24,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Well, you’re right and we shouldn’t put anything before God really. But what confuses me is that you’ve already made a decision about not being with a woman from USA - what if God had different plans & wanted you with a woman from USA?
If a man vows a vow to the Lord, or swears an oath to bind himself by a pledge, he shall not break his word. He shall do according to all that proceeds out of his mouth. ~Numbers 30:2

Upvote 0
Jun 9, 2018
Florida
✟15,348.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I don’t get why people who are single, almost complain about being single when you can obviously find someone on here who is saying the same thing.

#GoGeddem ;) there will always be some type of complaining in the real, thorn and bug- infested, world. I think lonely people still should seek God's help in finding a human companion. Just because there are plenty of hoses at the race doesn't mean one is a sure bet. ( All gambling aside, you know what I mean)

Reactions: Mel2020
Upvote 0

Desires Light

Refreshingly different.
Jun 4, 2018
Queensland
✟10,388.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don’t get why people who are single, almost complain about being single when you can obviously find someone on here who is saying the same thing.

#GoGeddem ;)
We all come in this world with nothing, and leave the same exact way. No one is coming with us when we cross over, you have to face it alone.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mel2020

Not perfect
May 9, 2018
WGTN
✟21,903.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Edited due to unnecessary snark.

Don't use your real photo online; stay anonymous. That's all I have to say.
I saw what you originally wrote when it came up as a notification. I understand where you’re coming from, but truth is, everything online is recorded and monitored anyway, even your IP address where people can hack into your hardrive. Everything is traced and tracked. But I’m also a believer of my God and how He controls everything in the end, even protecting me from those who may cause harm. God is my protector and I shall have faith in Him that this includes everything even online.

But I see what you mean and thanks for looking out. Appreciate that. :)

And if you look on my profile of where I am, you’ll know I’m not from Auckland.

Upvote 0

Mel2020

Not perfect
May 9, 2018
WGTN
✟21,903.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The way I see it, with me using my pic is just me keeping it real. This is me, who God created just as me. I know and am aware that people may use my pics for whatever reason, but I also know that I know who I am in Christ, a daughter of the King :) and in the end we all have to face God and I can only pray for those who use or abuse pictures. Tbh, this is the last thing on my mind, worrying about people using pictures for their own reasons - my heart is for those who are lost in this world and that’s because of God. So really, I ain’t got time for that lol.

Reactions: CodyFaith
Upvote 0

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟208,842.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Have you considered dating outside your region?

I'm not particularly keen on doing the long distance thing, and if we're talking about CF then it would be a case of a really long distance.

• Agree
Upvote 0