✟251,861.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-
You would live with only the essential parts of life to keep living and to devote all time outside of working to maintain a living in service to God. In Bible study and telling people how to receive God's free gift of Eternal Life. Avoiding conflict over worldly possessions.

Reactions: Gentle Lamb
Upvote 0

Gentle Lamb

"Let there be sheep!"
Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2009
✟272,916.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My mind keeps going back to this verse: Micah 6:8
He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

I'm trying to de-program myself from the "busy" Christianity that I've been trained to follow and trying to focus more on what the Gospel actually teaches. I'm trying to focus more on being like Mary sitting at the feet of Jesus. The "busy" sort of Christianity has left me tired, in more ways than one.

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟840,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
How do I live the simplest Christian life? What should be my daily focus?

Love of God and neighbor seems like an obvious approach, but what does that mean? Love always seeks the good. Love seeks to know what's good, do what is good, help what is good, enjoy what is good, share what is good, etc. Love seeks goodness. That, imo, is the simplest Christian life.

I think there are two kinds of goods we are meant to seek, which conform to love of God and love of neighbor.

1) There is the good that is given. This is everything God has created, and we are surrounded by the good that is given. It is our function to recognize it and live in relation to it in a way that is fitting.

2) There is the good that is needed from us. We get to participate in the good that is given by being good and doing whatever fits the good that is given.

In each moment, there is the good that is given and the good that is needed. The Christian life is to seek that good in each moment. Wherever your heart is....

• Winner
Upvote 0

Gentle Lamb

"Let there be sheep!"
Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2009
✟272,916.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Their purpose is often to have you focus on not the, but their church rather than the Kingdom.
Wow, that makes so much sense. God delivered me from being overly focused on a single church ministry, that opened me up to see more ways that He is working things out in the Body of Christ.

Reactions: timothyu
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm trying to de-program myself from the "busy" Christianity that I've been trained to follow and trying to focus more on what the Gospel actually teaches. I'm trying to focus more on being like Mary sitting at the feet of Jesus. The "busy" sort of Christianity has left me tired, in more ways than one.
"'Take My Yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.'" (Matthew 11:29)

Upvote 0