Silent Trump ignores the Covid death toll

Should the President publicly offer sympathy to victims' families?

• Yes

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟162,367.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
'A day after 2,804 Americans died in a single day from the coronavirus pandemic – almost as many as in the 11 September 2001 terrorist attacks – Donald Trump said nothing about the harrowing national crisis.' Guardian

Why has the President nothing to say? He is certainly giving the impression that he is unconcerned about anything but his vanished re-election.

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Why should he apologize for Democrat governors killing their constituents?
He surely was the most crazy and incompetent leader your country has had - it was good your country decided he needed the boot and fired him.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Why not say something about heart attack victims, or drunk driving deaths, etc....

Maybe each day he just just spend his day addressing deaths of people.

I am always puzzled why people look to leaders, celebrities, sports figures, etc to say things. Their words are useless babble.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Why not say something about heart attack victims, or drunk driving deaths, etc....

Maybe each day he just just spend his day addressing deaths of people.

I am always puzzled why people look to leaders, celebrities, sports figures, etc to say things. Their words are useless babble.
I'm surprised you find it so complicated but let me explain - As the leader of his country, one of his prime responsibilities is the welfare of those living in the country. This is particularly so when it comes to major health events such as natural disasters and pandemics. Such events require strong national leadership and well-coordinated administration - neither of which the now-fired president was able to demonstrate.

This is unlike sports figures, celebrities etc, who have no role to play during national disasters. So as you can see, there's a big difference. If I was as incompetent as the current president and failed to perform my duties as spectacularly as Trump did, such that now in excess of 180 000 new cases a day occur, and 2000 a day die, then I feel I should apologize for my incompetence and negligence.

Upvote 0

OddityCrisis

Oct 28, 2020
USA
✟1,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Engaged
He surely was the most crazy and incompetent leader your country has had - it was good your country decided he needed the boot and fired him.

Yup fired him real good. And replaced him with a senile CSPAN child molester.

But, at least people in countries we couldn't find on a map like us again.

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Bravo! Notice the bolded "your", it speaks volumes when people from OTHER countries can see the light of Trump's lunacy. If other countries thinks as such, then should even a good amount of our own US citizens.
I dunno, you'd think an outside opinion would carry more weight to those that don't see it.

Australian: "Man, your leader is incompetent!"

Me, and American: "Hey, I'm not insulted, I agree!"

• Agree
Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I put yes but for our current leader I wouldn’t mind if he just stayed quiet until his term is up. Nothing he says is of any value anyway. Condolences and sympathy wouldn’t mean squat coming from him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
'A day after 2,804 Americans died in a single day from the coronavirus pandemic – almost as many as in the 11 September 2001 terrorist attacks – Donald Trump said nothing about the harrowing national crisis.' Guardian

Why has the President nothing to say? He is certainly giving the impression that he is unconcerned about anything but his vanished re-election.
The President has said so much about it over the past ten months or so, that for anyone to strain to make it sound as though he's done the exact opposite doesn't come across as anything but just one more partisan cheap shot.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The President has said so much about it over the past ten months or so, that for anyone to strain to make it sound as though he's done the exact opposite doesn't come across as anything but just one more partisan cheap shot.
I remember when he called it a hoax and said it would go away in April or suggested injecting disinfectant and UV light or said he wasn’t going to be wearing a mask. It’s probably for the best of he just shuts up on the entire subject of COVID altogether.

Upvote 0

Elliewaves

Untouchable internet saint
Dec 18, 2011
✟100,816.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Americans dying daily don't mean much when you only care about yourself. There's golf to be played. And maskless Christmas parties to hold. And Qcumber theories to rant about.

I thought for sure he would say something after South Dakota started sacrificing their people, but he apparently doesn't care about Red States either.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OddityCrisis

Oct 28, 2020
USA
✟1,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Engaged
Not all of us are ignorant of the world outside our bunker.

Statistically, most are.

The rest of us know enough about the world to laugh in the faces of brainwashed foreigners who think they are in any position to lecture us about our own internal politics.

Upvote 0

OddityCrisis

Oct 28, 2020
USA
✟1,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Engaged
I remember when he called it a hoax and said it would go away in April or suggested injecting disinfectant and UV light or said he wasn’t going to be wearing a mask. It’s probably for the best of he just shuts up on the entire subject of COVID altogether.

Nice assortment of media narratives ya got there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Nice assortment of media narratives ya got there.
I can link the videos of him saying each of these in context but it’s hardly worth my time or effort to waste on people who’ve shown they don’t care to know better.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,449.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
foreigners who think they are in any position to lecture us about our own internal politics.

Wait, are you Chinese or American? I'm confused about what nation you're stanning.

Upvote 0

OddityCrisis

Oct 28, 2020
USA
✟1,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Engaged
I can link the videos of him saying each of these in context but it’s hardly worth my time or effort to waste on people who’ve shown they don’t care to know better.

You can link clipped videos of our very inarticulate president talking from the hip.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.