Shouldn't we as a society do more to protect retail corporations from theft and fraud?

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sister ...it is not shaming others to warn them to flee sexual immorality any more than it is shaming a child to not play in a street with a blind fold on . It is because of love ..because you care for them and want them to hear " Well done thy good and faithful servant . " Yes , we have all sinned against our Lord when we walked in darkness but now we are children of light . If we do not believe the writings of Paul , then we are still under the Jewish law for Jesus spoke through Paul the are saved by grace through faith . Jesus did not condemn the woman caught in adultery but he did say go and sin no more .

And you’re more than welcome to feel that way. I feel differently.

Upvote 0

Palus Vandorn

Oct 8, 2019
Edmonton
✟10,587.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

NeedyFollower

Feb 29, 2016
N Carolina
✟71,145.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Celibate

Well yes , there are many different opinions within both society and those who profess faith in Jesus , our hope and our light . But understanding that if I am mistaken , I may also lead others into mortal error , I try to base what I believe on things which are given to us through scripture and is often contrary to society . It is too important to get it wrong and /or be off the cuff as it were . You may remember the scripture which says , trust in the Lord with all of your heart , lean not to your own understanding , acknowledge Him in all your ways and He shall direct your path . Minimally we should have some scriptures which allow sexual immorality if we honestly believe that is the narrow way which leads to life which few find . Jesus said the broad way leads to death .

• Agree
Reactions: Palus Vandorn
Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well yes , there are many different opinions within both society and those who profess faith in Jesus , our hope and our light . But understanding that if I am mistaken , I may also lead others into mortal error , I try to base what I believe on things which are given to us through scripture and is often contrary to society . It is too important to get it wrong and /or be off the cuff as it were . You may remember the scripture which says , trust in the Lord with all of your heart , lean not to your own understanding , acknowledge Him in all your ways and He shall direct your path . Minimally we should have some scriptures which allow sexual immorality if we honestly believe that is the narrow way which leads to life which few find . Jesus said the broad way leads to death .

Circling back to how it’s not my place to judge other’s salvation. You do you, I do me.

Upvote 0

Palus Vandorn

Oct 8, 2019
Edmonton
✟10,587.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I think @Tropical Wilds doesn't quote scripture because what she “feels is right”, has no support in scripture

You do you, I do me.
This seems pretty set on the broad way... I hope not too many people are listening to her

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think @Tropical Wilds doesn't quote scripture because what she “feels is right”, has no support in scripture

I don’t quote it because I don’t need to. I told somebody to be safe and never once said anything about doing only “what feels right.” I only need to explain what I believe, which I did. The rest of it is what you say I think, so I don’t need to explain it because it’s not my opinion to explain.

This seems pretty set on the broad way... I hope not too many people are listening to her

I hope people listen to neither of us and instead base their beliefs and actions on their relationship with God.

Upvote 0

NeedyFollower

Feb 29, 2016
N Carolina
✟71,145.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Circling back to how it’s not my place to judge other’s salvation. You do you, I do me.

For where your treasure is, there will your heart be . Luke 12:34 . That quote obviously comes from the bible ...the same bible which says speak everyone truth with his neighbor for we are members one of another . Members of the same body which is the body of our Lord Jesus Christ . We take him in every bedroom , every bar , in every conversation and He is pure and Holy , like an innocent child who knew no sin . So , I don't have the liberty to ignore someone who is my sister .
2nd Timothy 3:16 says all scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine , reproof , for correction , for instruction in righteousness . This of course comes from the same apostle which says we are saved by grace through faith ( we are not under the law and do not have to perform of the Jewish rituals . ) This same apostle says to flee fornication .
This same apostle talks about a great falling away . It describes believers in the last days . It is in both 2nd Timothy chapter 3 and in the first chapter of Romans . Some of the the adjectives used is implacable ...without understanding . It will be a time of no humility .

Reactions: Palus Vandorn
Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For where your treasure is, there will your heart be . Luke 12:34 . That quote obviously comes from the bible ...the same bible which says speak everyone truth with his neighbor for we are members one of another . Members of the same body which is the body of our Lord Jesus Christ . We take him in every bedroom , every bar , in every conversation and He is pure and Holy , like an innocent child who knew no sin . So , I don't have the liberty to ignore someone who is my sister .
2nd Timothy 3:16 says all scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine , reproof , for correction , for instruction in righteousness . This of course comes from the same apostle which says we are saved by grace through faith ( we are not under the law and do not have to perform of the Jewish rituals . ) This same apostle says to flee fornication .
This same apostle talks about a great falling away . It describes believers in the last days . It is in both 2nd Timothy chapter 3 and in the first chapter of Romans . Some of the the adjectives used is implacable ...without understanding . It will be a time of no humility .

As I said, I get you are doing what you feel is how your faith operates and I hope for it to bring you closer to the fulfillment and peace you are seeking.

Upvote 0