Shouldn't we as a society do more to protect retail corporations from theft and fraud?

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How dare you as a man judge what a woman does with her own body. It simply infuriates me when Christian 'men' decide that patriarchy is 'for our own good' so they fell they can shame a woman for what she legally does with her own body but then justify criminal behavior of other men by telling themselves that 'oh well the victim had it coming'.

Ummm.... with all due respect, sister, as a Christian woman who loves Christ, we should not be doing these things. Save yourself. Your heart, soul, and body with thank you for it.

You'll be spiritually and physically safer.

There is never any excuse for rape or sexual harassment. None. But women should keep themselves safe, practice virtue, be chaste, save themselves for marriage once they come to Christ (a lot of us have done stuff we shouldn't have before conversion, but still...), and love God and love their bodies. In a good way.

I know no one likes to hear this, but it's important. God be with you, sister. I hope you can get away from these guys, from these friends, and find some emotionally mature Christian friends! That would be awesome.

• Agree
Reactions: Thera
Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
How dare you as a man judge what a woman does with her own body. It simply infuriates me when Christian 'men' decide that patriarchy is 'for our own good' so they fell they can shame a woman for what she legally does with her own body but then justify criminal behavior of other men by telling themselves that 'oh well the victim had it coming'.
Your body is supposed to be the Temple of the Holy Spirit. Also, nobody was going hard on you for sleeping with strangers like others think Conservative Christians do.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I know that this sounds like am unpopular opinion but I believe we as a society do not do enough to protect retail corporations from fraud and theft.
Society does what it wants to do. As God Says Clearly in Scripture, it is evil. (not helpful, good, right, nor life-giving; instead, He Says in Galatians, society is pernicious.(death-dealing, seeking to drag everyone down in destruction along with it) )

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
They all claimed Christianity yet saw no problem with how this guy is a prideful unrepentant thief.
This happens more often than not - "they claim Christianity" , but the lives are in darkness. Patriarchy, for current example, was God Given, in the Light, His Way.
The enemy changed all that , in people's views today, starting hundreds if not thousands of years ago, so very few know or care what God Says any more.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I read somewhere recently that Walmart prosecutes to the fullest extent of the law. It's definitely not worth the trouble. If you think about it (other than being immoral) how much value can a person realistically steal from Walmart to make it worth thousands in fines, jail time, mandatory community service, and a record?

It is wrong but like I said I don't shed a tear for these blood sucking companies when people do steal.

My friend and his wife works in security at Walmart ... very rarely do they prosecute ... they watch them in store ( have developed ways of identifying most likely thieves) ... and make them aware they are being watched in order to discourage them ... and really that's about it.

Blood sucking? Really? LOL

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Patriarchy, for current example, was God Given, in the Light, His Way.

In a discussion I had some time ago it was suggested that patriarchy was the "Original Sin". Without an understanding of Good and Evil our mythical first couple lacked even the ability to sin. They gained that ability only after eating of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. So what was the first Sin? Adam said in effect "the woman did it ---- blame her!" See what I mean? Patriarchy!

• Agree
Reactions: Bbreezy
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
In a discussion I had some time ago it was suggested that patriarchy was the "Original Sin". Without an understanding of Good and Evil our mythical first couple lacked even the ability to sin. They gained that ability only after eating of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. So what was the first Sin? Adam said in effect "the woman did it ---- blame her!" See what I mean? Patriarchy!
Wrong.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Bbreezy

Oct 7, 2019
Edmonton Alberta
✟16,019.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
My friend and his wife works in security at Walmart ... very rarely do they prosecute ... they watch them in store ( have developed ways of identifying most likely thieves) ... and make them aware they are being watched in order to discourage them ... and really that's about it.

Blood sucking? Really? LOL
What this guy was doing was not really the kind of theft that they can watch for in the store. He would buy something that is in cellophane, take out whatever it is that was in the box, put a rock in the box and re-cellophane the box with a heat sealer and heat gun, then return the item. Since the item is still wrapped up no one checks the box at returns. I think this type of theft is just despicable because by the time it is discovered it would be too late to catch the guy and the store is stuck with no recourse. And they are in the uncomfortable position of how to handle the innocent consumer who bought the rock box. Do they believe the innocent consumer and take the loss or do they assume the innocent consumer is the scammer, deny the return and alienate an innocent person?

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What this guy was doing was not really the kind of theft that they can watch for in the store. He would buy something that is in cellophane, take out whatever it is that was in the box, put a rock in the box and re-cellophane the box with a heat sealer and heat gun, then return the item. Since the item is still wrapped up no one checks the box at returns. I think this type of theft is just despicable because by the time it is discovered it would be too late to catch the guy and the store is stuck with no recourse. And they are in the uncomfortable position of how to handle the innocent consumer who bought the rock box. Do they believe the innocent consumer and take the loss or do they assume the innocent consumer is the scammer, deny the return and alienate an innocent person?

Pretty much ... the customer is always right ... regardless ... people would not believe all the scams people pull on stores. If someone has significant returns (returns often) they do flag them.

Upvote 0

Bbreezy

Oct 7, 2019
Edmonton Alberta
✟16,019.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Pretty much ... the customer is always right ... regardless ... people would not believe all the scams people pull on stores. If someone has significant returns (returns often) they do flag them.
I believe it and I don't think it's right! I wish we could do more to stop these people. I really think that cash returns should require ID and that stuff like cellophane sealing machines should not be avaliable for the general public.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I believe it and I don't think it's right! I wish we could do more to stop these people. I really think that cash returns should require ID and that stuff like cellophane sealing machines should not be avaliable for the general public.

Most the time .... Walmart (ours anyways) don't give you back cash ... they put it on a Walmart gift card ... that way you have to spend your money in their store ... seems reasonable to me.

Upvote 0

Bbreezy

Oct 7, 2019
Edmonton Alberta
✟16,019.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Most the time .... Walmart (ours anyways) don't give you back cash ... they put it on a Walmart gift card ... that way you have to spend your money in their store ... seems reasonable to me.
Here if you have a receipt that is paid in cash they return cash. But really I don't even know where he was doing the returns at he doesn't tell me, he just told me his rule is cash only.

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
What do you mean? Patriarchy is great!

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Vicky gould

Shekinah
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2019
North west
✟69,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Despite your sensational anecdote, I think it’s safe to say that as a society, we don’t really need to protect corporations from theft. They have plenty of protections already.
Hi, I agree theft is wrong. Moral dilemmas can easily blossom. What do you do if you see someone stealing do you ignore it ? Can’t do that. Turn them in? I wouldn’t feel good doing that, personal choice. Make contact pay for item and while you have a captive audience throw in some Good News. Pray for someone to water and the Lord provide growth.

a word about corporations. People, some rimes will vote mandatory wage increases because of all types of reasons. How does it feel that each and everyone us paying your share of the governments at every level took about 150 Billion dollars because these cotporations don’t pay living wages. So we pay the freight for every under paid worker in food stamps and other programs needed to supplement people who most of the time are working multiple jobs. Do some abuse it? Of course. Do most really need it? The wage crunch is moving up the chain people who have jobs that a few years ago would be a shock if they collected food stamps now are part of that overwhelming corporation acting in bad faith. As long as they continue to keep us focused on the overworked/under paid and not those who make billions in profits and billions in corporate welfare we will not looking out for the weak and hopeless as the Lord calls us to do. Just my two cents. God bless

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bbreezy

Oct 7, 2019
Edmonton Alberta
✟16,019.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Hi, I agree theft is wrong. Moral dilemmas can easily blossom. What do you do if you see someone stealing do you ignore it ? Can’t do that. Turn them in? I wouldn’t feel good doing that, personal choice. Make contact pay for item and while you have a captive audience throw in some Good News. Pray for someone to water and the Lord provide growth.
I tried to report this but I don't know what stores he victimized and the police aren't even interested in going to the hotel to get his full name. The hotel is not interested and refused to tell me his full name so I am very frustrated. He stole a couple hundred possibly thousand dollars worth of electronics and now he has absconded.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,641.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Seriously?

You describe all your sexual immorality with a man you just met, which you continue on with even after discovering he is a thief. Hmm which is worse theft or sexual immortality ... how about both.

I really think that morality in general will improve when we as Christians and then we as a society stop justifying sinful behavior
I agree, you need to think deeply about your sexual immorality. Also next time you come across criminal behavior leave and tell the police with a name and number and whatever other information you have. Its people like that, that cause stores to put their prices up because they have to recoup their loses.

I might sound harsh but you are the one coming here talking about morals. One sin isn't worse than another, but both sexual immorality and theft are sins. If you don't consider causal sex with a man you just met as sinful you might want to read your Bible.
Also I am a woman.

Upvote 0

Bbreezy

Oct 7, 2019
Edmonton Alberta
✟16,019.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Seriously?

You describe all your sexual immorality with a man you just met, which you continue on with even after discovering he is a thief. Hmm which is worse theft or sexual immortality ... how about both.

I agree, you need to think deeply about your sexual immorality. Also next time you come across criminal behavior leave and tell the police with a name and number and whatever other information you have. Its people like that, that cause stores to put their prices up because they have to recoup their loses.

I might sound harsh but you are the one coming here talking about morals. One sin isn't worse than another, but both sexual immorality and theft are sins. If you don't consider causal sex with a man you just met as sinful you might want to read your Bible.
Also I am a woman.
My body my choices, absolutely nothing wrong or immoral with that. No body should be telling us what we should or should not be doing with our bodies.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,641.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You want a list of Bible verses that talk about sexual purity? Sex is meant to be inside of marriage, but you keep telling yourself that good Christian woman sleep around, maybe that thought will keep you warm when you pick up an STD or get pregnant. Any man you sleep with is potentially the father of your child no matter how much protection you use. You need to respect yourself more and find a man who will love you and treat you right, not as a one night bed warmer.

One scripture to think on
1 Corinthians 6:18
18 Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body.

Upvote 0