Shouldn't we as a society do more to protect retail corporations from theft and fraud?

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
How dare you as a man judge what a woman does with her own body. It simply infuriates me when Christian 'men' decide that patriarchy is 'for our own good' so they fell they can shame a woman for what she legally does with her own body but then justify criminal behavior of other men by telling themselves that 'oh well the victim had it coming'.
This all seems so fake. Your entire little story. As if you made the whole thing up just so you could see if you could cop a reaction from people about fornicating as a “Christian” being no big deal at all.
I call total bs. Especially on your little rant above.

Upvote 0

Palus Vandorn

Oct 8, 2019
Edmonton
✟10,587.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Seriously?

You describe all your sexual immorality with a man you just met, which you continue on with even after discovering he is a thief. Hmm which is worse theft or sexual immortality ... how about both.

I agree, you need to think deeply about your sexual immorality. Also next time you come across criminal behavior leave and tell the police with a name and number and whatever other information you have. Its people like that, that cause stores to put their prices up because they have to recoup their loses.

I might sound harsh but you are the one coming here talking about morals. One sin isn't worse than another, but both sexual immorality and theft are sins. If you don't consider causal sex with a man you just met as sinful you might want to read your Bible.
Also I am a woman.
I think I know where there is some DNA evidence with which to identify the culprit

Upvote 0

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Seriously?

You describe all your sexual immorality with a man you just met, which you continue on with even after discovering he is a thief. Hmm which is worse theft or sexual immortality ... how about both.

I agree, you need to think deeply about your sexual immorality. Also next time you come across criminal behavior leave and tell the police with a name and number and whatever other information you have. Its people like that, that cause stores to put their prices up because they have to recoup their loses.

I might sound harsh but you are the one coming here talking about morals. One sin isn't worse than another, but both sexual immorality and theft are sins. If you don't consider causal sex with a man you just met as sinful you might want to read your Bible.
Also I am a woman.
I was going to say that. Especially in light of sexual immorality actually being a greater and far more deadly sin than theft. But I think the whole story is bs. Seems to be a lot of people coming on this discussion board talking up sex “ to punk the little Christians.”

• Agree
Reactions: Thera
Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I know that this sounds like am unpopular opinion but I believe we as a society do not do enough to protect retail corporations from fraud and theft. There are even other Christians in know who seem to view theft from say a Walmart as some what more forgivable than theft from a person. I don't think that there should be a distinction, there isn't one legally and definitely not one as per the 10 commandments. It just really irks me when some one tells me "well is just a Walmart it is not like it was some old lady or something ". I personally think this type of justification is a slippery slope towards more immorality.
This is a bit of a rant but this is what got me so hot over this.
A couple nights ago I went down to an arcade bar with a couple girlfriends and there I met a guy who at the time seemed really fun and interesting. He was from Taiwan, was very cute and seemed like a very nice guy. He came up to me and we chatted, had some drinks together, danced and just had a really nice time. I will admit that I let my guard down a bit because he was just so sweet and because he seemed to really really appreciate parts of me (my hips, my belly, and my thighs) which I have always been self-conscious about. Against my better judgment I went with him back to his hotel.
After being intimate, as we were getting ready to sleep I noticed that he had some really odd items set up on the hotel desk. he had a heat gun, a shrink wrap machine, rulers and an assortment of cutters. It was almost life he had a little lab set up in the hotel room. At the time I didn't think much of it and curled up next to him.
In the morning after we woke up and were intimate again I playfully asked about his little set up and his face practically lit up. He threw some clothing on, dragged me by the arm over to his little lab and started excitedly pulling stuff out. It was like he was so proud and eager to show off to me what he was up to. It turns out he was buying high end electronics from our local big box stores, taking the items out and re sealing the boxes and then resting wrapping them so he could get refunds. He said that the whole time he had been visiting he had been doing this. I of course was shocked at what I was hearing but at the time I was trying not to judge. I gently told him that what he was doing was stealing but he just kind of shrugged and said that stealing from big box stores doesn't count. He even said he plans to run the shrink wrap machine that he bought from a packing store for a full refund before he flew home to his country. I figured at the time it wasn't my place to judge so I decided to just pray over it. We spent the day together and then spent another night together, and that night too I saw his lab and that just kind of gnawed at the back of my mind. The next day I had to go to work so we made plans to see each other later. When I finished my shift he never showed at the restaurant. I went back to his hotel and they told me he had checked out earlier in the day. I prayed more over what he told me he was doing and it was bothering me so much that I decided to talk to my girlfriends who I was out with that night about it. When I told them they oohed and awwed how "clever that cute taiwanese guy was". I couldn't believe it! They all claimed Christianity yet saw no problem with how this guy is a prideful unrepentant thief. They allay actually thought he was soooooo smart for coming up with this.
I went to the police about this but I was told unless I knew which stores he did this at and the store was interested in pressing charges there was nothing they could do, they weren't even interested in going to the hotel to get his name an information (he never gave me a last name).
This is why I say I don't think we do enough to protect retail stores from being taken advantage of. I personally feel that the political climate has done so much to demonize the rich and corporations that people are just unconcerned with doing right by them.
I personally believe that certain things like shrink wrap machines, really have no legitimate uses for ordinary people and therefore should be banned from private ownership. Really, why does a normal law abiding person need something like that? And that we as Christians need to avoid ranking sin. Right is right and wrong is wrong it shouldn't matter if it is a person or a corporation being taken advantage of.
I really think that morality in general will improve when we as Christians and then we as a society stop justifying sinful behavior by saying that the behavior in question is some how acceptable because the victim 'deserves it' or 'can take it'.

so you have casual sex with a stranger, learn he is stealing from big box stores, you pray over it yet continue to have sex with him, he skips town and you pray over it again and feel somehow something is off? there's something off here all right... big box stores don't have a soul, you do. Worry about your own salvation and how you give glory to God before you work on others.

Upvote 0

Emmylouwho

Sep 5, 2019
New York
✟16,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Widowed
Ok. It's crummy for the workers, though. We have to keep finding open and empty packages of stuff all over, we waste time tailing thieves, and some of them get pushy. Not fun.
Gracia, do you work for Walmart? What happens when you deal with these returns? Is there a customer base system whereby you can track customers with patterns of abusing the Walmart return system?

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,641.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This all seems so fake. Your entire little story. As if you made the whole thing up just so you could see if you could cop a reaction from people about fornicating as a “Christian” being no big deal at all.
I call total bs. Especially on your little rant above.

Pretty sure they are a troll lol.

• Agree
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Gracia, do you work for Walmart? What happens when you deal with these returns? Is there a customer base system whereby you can track customers with patterns of abusing the Walmart return system?
Yeah, I do. We try to keep an eye on stuff. I think some stores refuse returns with no receipts, and this helps.

Upvote 0

Emmylouwho

Sep 5, 2019
New York
✟16,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Widowed
Yeah, I do. We try to keep an eye on stuff. I think some stores refuse returns with no receipts, and this helps.
Gracia, what negative impact does that have on your job? How do you handle bogus returns differently from legitimate returns?

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Gracia, what negative impact does that have on your job? How do you handle bogus returns differently from legitimate returns?
Well, the more folks steal and scam us, the more it eats into the budget, which can effect hiring and hours given.

Not sure how they handle the returns; that's a front end thing.

Upvote 0

Palus Vandorn

Oct 8, 2019
Edmonton
✟10,587.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
IMOH, if this is real and I say if...

I will admit that I let my guard down a bit because he was just so sweet and because he seemed to really really appreciate parts of me (my hips, my belly, and my thighs) which I have always been self-conscious about.
Heavy, insecure girl hooks up with a guy out of her league

After being intimate, as we were getting ready to sleep I noticed that he had some really odd items set up on the hotel desk. he had a heat gun, a shrink wrap machine, rulers and an assortment of cutters. It was almost life he had a little lab set up in the hotel room.
Girl is probably pretty desperate for attention cause she ignores what could be a pretty serious red flag (I.e possibly being turned into a woman suite a la Buffalo Bill).

I of course was shocked at what I was hearing but at the time I was trying not to judge. I gently told him that what he was doing was stealing but he just kind of shrugged and said that stealing from big box stores doesn't count. He even said he plans to run the shrink wrap machine that he bought from a packing store for a full refund before he flew home to his country. I figured at the time it wasn't my place to judge so I decided to just pray over it. We spent the day together and then spent another night together,
Chicky now knows this guy isn’t on the up and up but gawd dangit he’s *soooooo cute and soooooo into me:love2: I am sure he’ll change when we move into our castle together:hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

The next day I had to go to work so we made plans to see each other later. When I finished my shift
Chicky spends the day bragging to her co workers how she found her forever... Her mysterious far eastern prince and how he will whisk her away to his oriental palace. They will be happily ever after and one day she will be the Empress of Tai-wan:japanesedolls:

When I finished my shift he never showed at the restaurant.
Uh oh.... here is the real crux of the matter - Chicky got stood up...

I went back to his hotel and they told me he had checked out earlier in the day.
Double uh oh.... now Chicky realizes she was just a bag and tag... there was never a forever.
How dare you as a man judge what a woman does with her own body. It simply infuriates me when Christian 'men' decide that patriarchy is 'for our own good' so they fell they can shame a woman for what she legally does with her own body
It sounds like chicky is really judging herself... Let’s see, she gave it up to a guy she didn’t know probably telling herself that *this is may be sinful if someone else did it but it’s ok in this case because this would lead to my forever, I am sure Jesus would understand especially if we have a cute Christian family together... bonus points cause I will be helping this guy get his residency... I am such a good person*.
Then reality set in... she is no better than those “non Christian” girls (read pretty girls who are always having all the sex) whom she turns her nose up to...
So instead of reconciling the unpleasant possibility that her ‘purity’ is not as much about obedience to the Lord but more about a lack of opportunity, it’s much easier to lash out at a rando on the internet.
I prayed more over what he told me he was doing and it was bothering me so much that I decided to talk to my girlfriends who I was out with that night about it. When I told them they oohed and awwed how "clever that cute taiwanese guy was". I couldn't believe it! They all claimed Christianity yet
Chicky is probably the D.U.F.F. (Designated ugly fat friend) of the group. Friends probably weren’t too surprised that TWG(Tai-wan guy) hit it and quit it so chicky feels betrayed.
I went to the police about this but I was told unless I knew which stores he did this at and the store was interested in pressing charges there was nothing they could do, they weren't even interested in going to the hotel to get his name an information (he never gave me a last name).
Hell hath no fury.... but... *I demand revenge but I don’t want to admit why I am really upset*
This is why I say I don't think we do enough to protect retail stores from being taken advantage of.
What I really mean to say is : It is unfair that I got used by a guy out of my league! No one feels bad that I got taken advantage of !

Sound about right?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My body my choices, absolutely nothing wrong or immoral with that. No body should be telling us what we should or should not be doing with our bodies.
Christ tells us we must deny ourselves to follow him. It's your body and your choices and you have the freedom to do as you please, now Christ tells you to deny them.

You shouldn't be surprised by this, the OP is about the morality of ripping off big box stores yet in your example you go into this entire back story about meeting a man and your multiple sexual encounters with him which is completely unrelated and inappropriate to the topic and the questions you're asking yet you include them :scratch:

since you felt it necessary to share this with everyone you have now included us in your actions and as such there is a demand to call out these behaviours and address them (it become the elephant in the room).

For example, Let's say I have a morality questions about telemarketing... "last night I was watching inappropriate content and the phone rang and it was someone trying to sell me something..." now what's wrong with this story? the details about inappropriate content are completely inappropriate and regardless of how right or wrong, you feel this is it now has to be addressed even though it has nothing to do with the question. For you, it's a story about picking up a guy at a bar and having sex with him... sex the next morning... and then some more sex... oh and somewhere in there you talk about the guy you're having sex with ripping off big box stores. If you didn't want to talk about it why did you bring it up so many times? It seems to me you really want to talk about it but don't expect any high fives here.

Upvote 0

Palus Vandorn

Oct 8, 2019
Edmonton
✟10,587.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
since you felt it necessary to share this with everyone you have now included us in your actions and as such there is a demand to call out these behaviours and address them (it become the elephant in the room).
I disagree, I think the ‘elephant in the room’ is what caused Tai-wan Guy to bail... if you get my drift.

To clarify, by all means call out the clearly non Christian actions.... I just disagree on what the ‘elephant in the room is’;)
Just in case a mod is reading the elephant in the room that got TWG to bail is ;)hypocrisy ;) wink wink nudge nudge. That is the elephant in the hotel room

• Haha
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Here if you have a receipt that is paid in cash they return cash. But really I don't even know where he was doing the returns at he doesn't tell me, he just told me his rule is cash only.

Yeah ... can't track cash ... that's why it's his "policy"

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟194,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I do agree, and you can see on this thread, people think of retail theft as no big deal, thinking it’s ultimately sticking it to a major corporation with a comparatively minor loss. Having worked big box retail, grocery retail, and small boutique retail, I can tell you insane things people have done, tried to do, and would to to get away with all levels of retail theft.

The thing is that in 0% of the situations where a theft was committed/discovered did it ever hurt the corporation, the owner of the company, and never once did a CEO wake up to find out they were out-of-a-job because somebody got away with stealing a TV at a location of the store they may or may not even know exists.

However, I have seen numerous security people, front-end employees, cashiers, customer service associates, even greeters get fired over it. People who already don’t work a livable wage, or a just barely livable wage, who now have a stain on their resume which makes getting the next job impossible. All because they didn’t happen to notice a box that one guy returned on a busy Friday night where they were understaffed and there was a long line of people to wait on was re-wrapped. Or because some low-level employee didn’t know somebody switched out an old model IPhone for the new one not realizing that an IPhone 5 and an IPhone 6s look the same despite a $400 price difference. Or because the person returning whatever it was got aggressively confrontational when the store person questioned their return and the store policy is to avoid confrontation at all costs because people whip out their cell phones and start recording a one-sided PR nightmare that goes viral. The big corporation isn’t hurt in the slightest. It’s the parents of your kid’s classmate, your neighbor, a member of your community that gets fired and goes from non-livable wage to absolutely zero wage (the ultimate unlivable wage). It’s the whole dang town and it’s infrastructure when the powers that be shutter they store due to losses or poor performance, putting 100+ people out of work, leave an abandoned eyesore of a building behind, a gap in the market for everything from food to consumables, and now create a potential crime hotspot.

So I agree, it is shocking how many people (at least in this thread) don’t see any real issue with retail theft.

As for your sex life, I’m not sure if you are sharing that because you want us to comment on it or not, but please be safe. Consensual sex is a beautiful thing just as long as you aren’t at risk.

• Winner
Reactions: Emmylouwho
Upvote 0

Emmylouwho

Sep 5, 2019
New York
✟16,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Widowed
IMOH, if this is real and I say if...

Heavy, insecure girl hooks up with a guy out of her league

Girl is probably pretty desperate for attention cause she ignores what could be a pretty serious red flag (I.e possibly being turned into a woman suite a la Buffalo Bill).

Chicky now knows this guy isn’t on the up and up but gawd dangit he’s *soooooo cute and soooooo into me:love2: I am sure he’ll change when we move into our castle together:hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

Chicky spends the day bragging to her co workers how she found her forever... Her mysterious far eastern prince and how he will whisk her away to his oriental palace. They will be happily ever after and one day she will be the Empress of Tai-wan:japanesedolls:

Uh oh.... here is the real crux of the matter - Chicky got stood up...

Double uh oh.... now Chicky realizes she was just a bag and tag... there was never a forever.

It sounds like chicky is really judging herself... Let’s see, she gave it up to a guy she didn’t know probably telling herself that *this is may be sinful if someone else did it but it’s ok in this case because this would lead to my forever, I am sure Jesus would understand especially if we have a cute Christian family together... bonus points cause I will be helping this guy get his residency... I am such a good person*.
Then reality set in... she is no better than those “non Christian” girls (read pretty girls who are always having all the sex) whom she turns her nose up to...
So instead of reconciling the unpleasant possibility that her ‘purity’ is not as much about obedience to the Lord but more about a lack of opportunity, it’s much easier to lash out at a rando on the internet.

Chicky is probably the D.U.F.F. (Designated ugly fat friend) of the group. Friends probably weren’t too surprised that TWG(Tai-wan guy) hit it and quit it so chicky feels betrayed.

Hell hath no fury.... but... *I demand revenge but I don’t want to admit why I am really upset*

What I really mean to say is : It is unfair that I got used by a guy out of my league! No one feels bad that I got taken advantage of !

Sound about right?
No. What you said sounds mean-spirited. It also sounds like you put WAY too much thought into it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
After being intimate, as we were getting ready to sleep I noticed that he had some really odd items set up on the hotel desk. he had a heat gun, a shrink wrap machine, rulers and an assortment of cutters. It was almost life he had a little lab set up in the hotel room. At the time I didn't think much of it and curled up next to him.
In the morning after we woke up and were intimate again I playfully asked about his little set up and his face practically lit up.

You are concerned about his theft, but not in the least concerned that you fornicated with him?

Upvote 0

Palus Vandorn

Oct 8, 2019
Edmonton
✟10,587.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
You are concerned about his theft, but not in the least concerned that you fornicated with him?
I think she is EXTREMELY concerned she fornicate with him. Not necessarily because fornication is a sin but because she feels hurt and used and there aren’t enough people in her little circle who told her that the Tai-Wan guy is a dog for doing her dirty so she wants randos on the internet to find some fault in this guy.

Upvote 0

Palus Vandorn

Oct 8, 2019
Edmonton
✟10,587.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I do agree, and you can see on this thread, people think of retail theft as no big deal, thinking it’s ultimately sticking it to a major corporation with a comparatively minor loss. Having worked big box retail, grocery retail, and small boutique retail, I can tell you insane things people have done, tried to do, and would to to get away with all levels of retail theft.

The thing is that in 0% of the situations where a theft was committed/discovered did it ever hurt the corporation, the owner of the company, and never once did a CEO wake up to find out they were out-of-a-job because somebody got away with stealing a TV at a location of the store they may or may not even know exists.

However, I have seen numerous security people, front-end employees, cashiers, customer service associates, even greeters get fired over it. People who already don’t work a livable wage, or a just barely livable wage, who now have a stain on their resume which makes getting the next job impossible. All because they didn’t happen to notice a box that one guy returned on a busy Friday night where they were understaffed and there was a long line of people to wait on was re-wrapped. Or because some low-level employee didn’t know somebody switched out an old model IPhone for the new one not realizing that an IPhone 5 and an IPhone 6s look the same despite a $400 price difference. Or because the person returning whatever it was got aggressively confrontational when the store person questioned their return and the store policy is to avoid confrontation at all costs because people whip out their cell phones and start recording a one-sided PR nightmare that goes viral. The big corporation isn’t hurt in the slightest. It’s the parents of your kid’s classmate, your neighbor, a member of your community that gets fired and goes from non-livable wage to absolutely zero wage (the ultimate unlivable wage). It’s the whole dang town and it’s infrastructure when the powers that be shutter they store due to losses or poor performance, putting 100+ people out of work, leave an abandoned eyesore of a building behind, a gap in the market for everything from food to consumables, and now create a potential crime hotspot.

So I agree, it is shocking how many people (at least in this thread) don’t see any real issue with retail theft.

As for your sex life, I’m not sure if you are sharing that because you want us to comment on it or not, but please be safe. Consensual sex is a beautiful thing just as long as you aren’t at risk.
I don’t think OP’s beef was about theft at all. It is more than likely she is hurt because she though a one night stand was more than it was

Upvote 0