USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Well I did express my outrage earlier in the thread.

But as for the lower status of women among mainstream Christians, its not just hate groups. You have to look no further than any church that bars them from priesthood.

How different is off limits priesthood from off limits driving, in terms of fundamental attitude?
If you want to know why there are not female priest you could ask instead of throwing ad hominem

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The Chinese do NOT prevent women from driving

They do not prevent females from being born

There are some people who make blatantly false statements on this site - you have to ask the question.... what is their intent? is it to cause hostility or ridicule or division within this site?
I heard most of the abortions are done with girls and that they abandon the girls after they are born. There is practically a documentary on how the Chinese male suffer because they can't find wives

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This discussion isnt about the safety of particular genders and there driving capacity.

This is purely a troll thread - and those who are perpetuating the anti-female driver line are either trolling or venting misogyny. Its as simple as that. I wouldnt bother attempting to analyse beyond that.
I like to give people a heart attack or nerves break down. The OP claims he's from a Saudi Arabia . So he has no clue , that women are happy with boxing, letting men raise the cute children/little brats / nightmares or driving motorcycles.

Reactions: Zoii
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I heard most of the abortions are done with girls and that they abandon the girls after they are born. There is practically a documentary on how the Chinese male suffer because they can't find wives
Chinese families were allowed to have one child. Most females ended up having an abortion on the second or more pregnancy. Or they keep silent and abandon their baby. I'm sure many female and male pregnancies were terminated.

• Prayers
Reactions: Not David
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
That you call certain groups sexist for not ordaining priests.
I called out "unequal treatment" in important domains. That is, in fact, true.

You are the one who's bringing ad hom language like "sexist" to the table. Not me. But now that you've opened that door, I'm going to concur. It is sexist.

• Agree
Reactions: bekkilyn
Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I called out "unequal treatment" in important domains. That is, in fact, true.

You are the one who's bringing ad hom language like "sexist" to the table. Not me. But now that you've opened that door, I'm going to concur. It is sexist.
Mary the Theotokos is considered the more honorable human ever, more honorable than the Cherubims and more glorious than the Seraphims, Mary Magdalene is considered the Apostle to the Apostles, there are many female saints and nuns who influenced the Church and you complain only for a position that not even every male can have.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Mary the Theotokos is considered the more honorable human ever, more honorable than the Cherubims and more glorious than the Seraphims, Mary Magdalene is considered the Apostle to the Apostles, there are many female saints and nuns who influenced the Church and you complain only for a position that not even every male can have.
Placing an almost mythical figure from antiquity on a pedestal is hardly an excuse for the dramatically unequal regard for actual real women here and now.

I'm somewhat reminded of how the LDS church barred black men from the priesthood until, I think, 1977. Youd hear language like "of course they are fully human.... its just the priesthood that off limits."

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Placing an almost mythical figure from antiquity on a pedestal is hardly an excuse for the dramatically unequal regard for actual real women here and now.

I'm somewhat reminded of how the LDS church barred black men from the priesthood until, I think, 1977. Youd hear language like "of course they are fully human.... its just the priesthood that off limits."
Lol, Mary is more real than any of your "points". I don't care what the Trinitarians did since they are not part of the Church, also racism has no part in Christianity since it is the "Catholic/Universal" faith.

The priesthood has always had a paternal sense, and like I said if the Church would have ordained women, she could have done it at any time because women have always been important parts in her life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Lol, Mary is more real than any of your "points". I don't care what the Trinitarians did since they are not part of the Church, also racism has no part in Christianity since it is the "Catholic/Universal" faith.

The priesthood has always had a paternal sense, and like I said if the Church would have ordained women, she could have done it at any time because women have always been important parts in her life.

I've already argued my strong belief that the Catholic church is sexist for not ordaining women as priests in other threads, but I don't get why you say that Trinitarians are not part of the church. I thought Catholics believed in the Trinity?

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I changed my mind. Everyone can drive, but nobody can have any gasoline or electricity.
I remember in the 1960s they were designing very small nukes to power cars. Big Oil bought out all the research firms doing that design work and shut them down, much like GM and Ford buying up street car and trolly systems in major cities and shut them down to boost car sales.

Upvote 0