Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have not heard of that, and am not convinced that a "Jewish bloodline" exists, any more than an "Islamic bloodline". People of the same religion tend to intermarry--that's all you're going to get.

No. People are automatically regarded as being jewish, if their mother is jewish - even if they aren't religious. While the word "muslim" has no connection with parents at all, it's defined by what you believe only.

That's just how the jewish tradition works. And it is also why they tend to intermarry.

I have heard, however--and this is beyond the scope of this discussion--that Israel has been researching a form of genetic bioterrorism wherein they produce spectral SARS-like viruses, which produce markedly worse symptoms for those with Arab genes. Which you'd think would be doomed to failure from the start if there was truly a "Jewish bloodline" at all. Such a bloodline would have the same Semitic footprint as the Arabs.

Yes, it is beyond the scope of this discussion on the count of it being completely irrelevant.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I see Judaism as a religion. But there is an ethnic component, also. As I recall, most American Jews are of either Ashkenazi (central and eastern European) or Sephardic (southern European/Iberian) ethnicity. But I believe about half of Jews in the US now marry non-Jews. So if this trend continues (and there's no reason why it wouldn't) in a few centuries there may be very few ethnically "pure" Jews left in this country. My sister married a Jewish guy. They've split up, but my niece considers herself Jewish. She's not at all observant. AFAIK, she never goes to synagogue, and she eats whatever she likes. I guess with her it's just a family heritage thing. But that's true of most Jewish people I know. They are generally very secularized.

Indeed.

And yes, the more secularized / less theistic they are, the more you'll see them marrying non-jews.
As for orthodox/traditional religious jews - there is no way they'll marry non-jews. In fact, here in Antwerp, they effectively created a mini society within the society. They have their own shops, businesses, schools, etc. They really do keep to their own.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have not heard of that, and am not convinced that a "Jewish bloodline" exists, any more than an "Islamic bloodline". People of the same religion tend to intermarry--that's all you're going to get.
Judaism is unique in that it is BOTH a religion and an ethnicity.

And yes, there is a distinct Jewish bloodline; several of them in fact.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Its disturbing that 13% think women should not drive. When you remove the female responders from the equation its around 17% of men that believe women shouldn't be driving. What message are christian men sending to females who may look at this website, when a fifth of christian men think so lowly of women that they believe they shouldn't even be driving.

Reactions: bekkilyn
Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I have heard, however--and this is beyond the scope of this discussion--that Israel has been researching a form of genetic bioterrorism wherein they produce spectral SARS-like viruses, which produce markedly worse symptoms for those with Arab genes.

That's total fantasy..

Firstly, what the heck is "spectral" SARS?
Secondly, there's no such things as "Arab genes"
Thirdly, if there were such things as "Arab genes" why the heck would they be corona virus immuno-pathology related?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Its disturbing that 13% think women should not drive. When you remove the female responders from the equation its around 17% of men that believe women shouldn't be driving. What message are christian men sending to females who may look at this website, when a fifth of christian men think so lowly of women that they believe they shouldn't even be driving.

It may not be all Christian men who are responding that way. The OP himself is Muslim, and others may be too.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Meh. The Muslim civilisation will also fail, then. And the world then will be taken over by an even greater empire which prohibits women from driving. Chinese, maybe? Although I don't approve their methods, as they prevent females even being born. :(
They don't prevent females from being born. The law was 1 child per family. Because China was overpopulated. Still is I'm sure It was thought men were best to help with family. So females were sent to orphanages. Because of the 1 child per family law. Also many women were forced to have abortions. Horrible law. Like many laws are horrible.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
the world then will be taken over by an even greater empire which prohibits women from driving. Chinese, maybe

The Chinese do NOT prevent women from driving

they prevent females even being born

They do not prevent females from being born

There are some people who make blatantly false statements on this site - you have to ask the question.... what is their intent? is it to cause hostility or ridicule or division within this site?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
It may not be all Christian men who are responding that way. The OP himself is Muslim, and others may be too.
Then this site should be more astute in what it chooses to allow on its site. Free speech is fine until such time as it starts to represent views which would alienate 50% of the population. Increasingly, as a female teen, I am getting fed up with the hate-speech that can be spewed from this site, and largely from men.

• Winner
Reactions: bekkilyn
Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Then this site should be more astute in what it chooses to allow on its site. Free speech is fine until such time as it starts to represent views which would alienate 50% of the population. Increasingly, as a female teen, I am getting fed up with the hate-speech that can be spewed from this site, and largely from men.

If Christian men (and yes, even many women) are being silent and aren't speaking out against the hate, discrimination, and misogyny that's regularly represented on CF, then they are making the choice to be complicit to it. What is that quote about evil taking over (or something like that) when good people choose to do nothing?

• Agree
Reactions: Zoii
Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Robots or people with XXY syndrome.

Personally, I can't wait until all vehicles are self-driving and powered by robots because people in general, both men and women, are terrible drivers even if they think they aren't.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Personally, I can't wait until all vehicles are self-driving and powered by robots because people in general, both men and women, are terrible drivers even if they think they aren't.
There's a pleasure in driving - the window down, a coastal road and your favourite music playing. It's a joy..... until such time as its 2 Am and you're really tired and have a 30 Km drive in front of you.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
In my country women are allowed to drive, I am a very devout halal/kosher sunni muslim but quite honestly we have less accidents with where im living in saudi arabia when women could not drive and there are a lot of accidents in america with a higher percentage of them being women. So why let them drive the men are the ones in cahrge of the family and are statistically less prone to accidents. I was wondering what you westerners opinions are. Also we dont have asians driving :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:.

Allahu Akbar/god is great
I'm a woman driver in California United states and I've never had an accident. And typically women are in charge of the family. Maybe we should not allow men to drive. Except they seem to love driving motorcycles and cars. I love motorcycles and cant wait to own and drive one. And I prefer to allow men to do something they love. Because I care about peoples happiness. And do want them to bicker all the time.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I'm a woman driver in California United states and I've never had an accident. And typically women are in charge of the family. Maybe we should not allow men to drive. Except they seem to love driving motorcycles and cars. I love motorcycles and cant wait to own and drive one. And I prefer to allow men to do something they love. Because I care about peoples happiness. And do want them to bicker all the time.
This discussion isnt about the safety of particular genders and there driving capacity.

This is purely a troll thread - and those who are perpetuating the anti-female driver line are either trolling or venting misogyny. Its as simple as that. I wouldnt bother attempting to analyse beyond that.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There's a pleasure in driving - the window down, a coastal road and your favourite music playing. It's a joy..... until such time as its 2 Am and you're really tired and have a 30 Km drive in front of you.
Driving is very relaxing to me. But I live in the city. So I prefer music and windows up.

Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married