Should we take "In God We Trust" off the dollar bill?

Ilovegod888

Nov 1, 2015
✟8,233.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Regardless of what they meant, the interpretation is what came across. If I'm accidentally agreeing with them then so much the better, but perhaps they should clarify what they mean by "respect".

I'm still insisting that my respect is a privilege, not a right. I do not respect the undeserving.
That's what I meant. :)

Upvote 0

Brookelowe454

Nov 7, 2015
✟15,774.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
Regardless of what they meant, the interpretation is what came across. If I'm accidentally agreeing with them then so much the better, but perhaps they should clarify what they mean by "respect".

I'm still insisting that my respect is a privilege, not a right. I do not respect the undeserving.

Fighting and having an attitude such as "they don't deserve my respect" will not make you look good. Ilovegod888 was trying to spread compassion and positivity.

Reactions: Ilovegod888
Upvote 0

Grafted In

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2012
Upper midwest
✟65,788.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Christians founded America; Pilgrims. I wouldn't have it any other way !!![/QUOTE?

What about the race of humans that lived here long before Europeans began migrating here? And what about the earlier explorers who settled here hundreds of years prior to the Pilgrims ?
I think it is wrong thinking to imply that the US is a Christian nation. God's Kingdom is not the things of this world.
I would have no problem with taking In God We Trust off of our currency.

Upvote 0

lupusFati

Bigby, Reid, and Z
Apr 17, 2013
Idaho
Visit site
✟11,996.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Fighting and having an attitude such as "they don't deserve my respect" will not make you look good. Ilovegod888 was trying to spread compassion and positivity.

I don't fight for other people, though. I fight for myself, because no one else will. If I gain allies, so be it. If I gain enemies, what's one more to the pile?

I do not tolerate fake smiles, flattering lies, and two-faced scoundrels. I've had enough of those people. Give me a genuine human any day, flaws and all.

I'm not here to look good. I show compassion to whomever I will; I grant mercy as I see fit. Do not pretend you know my heart based on a misunderstanding of my words.

As for "trying to spread compassion and positivity", I was as well. It seems that person agrees with me regardless of what you view my intent to be.

The difference is that, after so much abuse, I know when to give up on people who don't deserve my love, my tolerance, my understanding. Those who would drag me down into darkness with them are not worth my time and energy. I will cut anyone toxic out of my life if I have to, including family.

Reactions: Ilovegod888
Upvote 0

Brookelowe454

Nov 7, 2015
✟15,774.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
I don't fight for other people, though. I fight for myself, because no one else will. If I gain allies, so be it. If I gain enemies, what's one more to the pile?

I do not tolerate fake smiles, flattering lies, and two-faced scoundrels. I've had enough of those people. Give me a genuine human any day, flaws and all.

I'm not here to look good. I show compassion to whomever I will; I grant mercy as I see fit. Do not pretend you know my heart based on a misunderstanding of my words.

As for "trying to spread compassion and positivity", I was as well. It seems that person agrees with me regardless of what you view my intent to be.

The difference is that, after so much abuse, I know when to give up on people who don't deserve my love, my tolerance, my understanding. Those who would drag me down into darkness with them are not worth my time and energy. I will cut anyone toxic out of my life if I have to, including family.

Did I say to fake kindness? You do not have to be nice to anyone, although being rude, disrespectful, or judging someone won't get you anywhere either. I was agreeing with you this entire time. I am not trying to attack you, I apologize if it's coming of as that way.

Upvote 0

lupusFati

Bigby, Reid, and Z
Apr 17, 2013
Idaho
Visit site
✟11,996.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Did I say to fake kindness? You do not have to be nice to anyone, although being rude, disrespectful, or judging someone won't get you anywhere either. I was agreeing with you this entire time. I am not trying to attack you, I apologize if it's coming of as that way.

I'm not sure being confrontational is 'agreeing' with me. You were implying I was being negative, and that it was somehow a bad thing to have that attitude. If you were agreeing with me, then you certainly have a funny way of showing that.

Like it matters, though. I am who I am, unbound and unleashed upon the world.

Upvote 0

Ilovegod888

Nov 1, 2015
✟8,233.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

I'm glad that you can be genuine and yourself. Take a look at my Vegan forum and you will see that some comments weren't all that kind. :p I show compassion to others, I treat everyone the same. I was saying that people of all religions don't offend me. I don't look at religion, I look at their personality. (like you said). I'm compassionate to those who deserve it (in my opinion), I just always try to see the best in people and maybe the worst.

Reactions: lupusFati
Upvote 0

lupusFati

Bigby, Reid, and Z
Apr 17, 2013
Idaho
Visit site
✟11,996.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm glad that you can be genuine and yourself. Take a look at my Vegan forum and you will see that some comments weren't all that kind. :p I show compassion to others, I treat everyone the same. I was saying that people of all religions don't offend me. I don't look at religion, I look at their personality. (like you said). I'm compassionate to those who deserve it (in my opinion), I just always try to see the best in people and maybe the worst.

To be honest, I probably give more chances to people than they actually deserve. I suppose deep down, underneath the pessimism, there's a remnant of an optimist. I hate humanity, but I love the potential humanity has. What I wouldn't give to see that potential realized in every human being.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brookelowe454

Nov 7, 2015
✟15,774.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
I'm not sure being confrontational is 'agreeing' with me. You were implying I was being negative, and that it was somehow a bad thing to have that attitude. If you were agreeing with me, then you certainly have a funny way of showing that.

Like it matters, though. I am who I am, unbound and unleashed upon the world.

I'm sorry that you saw it as confrontational, I was simply responding to your comment on my forum. I was not implying that you were being negative, just that you were a little pessimistic. I was agreeing with you, but it seems that you don't want my agreement...

I do not want to start an argument, because your comments do not serve a purpose to the question that I asked in this forum.

Upvote 0

Ilovegod888

Nov 1, 2015
✟8,233.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
To be honest, I probably give more chances to people than they actually deserve. I suppose deep down, underneath the pessimism, there's a remnant of an optimist. I hate humanity, but I love the potential humanity has. What I wouldn't give to see that potential realized in every human being.
Why do you hate humanity? Don't you love your parents? Your friends? I was just wondering where your views are coming from. Hating people will not help you get far in life, I accept people and let them in my life. But I never get attached to them, and I am happy. I see the good in everyone and I see the bad (well, sometimes). Take it from me, I am content on my family and my friends. That's like saying you hate everybody without even meeting them. I am not quite sure on what you meant, would you mind telling me?

Upvote 0

Brookelowe454

Nov 7, 2015
✟15,774.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
Whatever you say. I still view it as being passive aggressive, though.

I still think we should remove the "in God we trust" though since not everyone believes in God, so how can they trust in him?

Okay, you have your opinion. I don't think that it matters either way, though I do see the other side.

Upvote 0

lupusFati

Bigby, Reid, and Z
Apr 17, 2013
Idaho
Visit site
✟11,996.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Why do you hate humanity? Don't you love your parents? Your friends? I was just wondering where your views are coming from. Hating people will not help you get far in life, I accept people and let them in my life. But I never get attached to them, and I am happy. I see the good in everyone and I see the bad (well, sometimes). Take it from me, I am content on my family and my friends. That's like saying you hate everybody without even meeting them. I am not quite sure on what you meant, would you mind telling me?

I hate what humanity is, more or less. We are war, pestilence, disease, destruction, chaos. Humanity lives out of sync with nature, destroying its only home as if it were some parasite. Humanity is a horrible, horrible thing. And yet, they have the potential to be so much better than they are, if only they would see it.

I can love individual people but still hate what humanity represents. I am a wolf in a human shell, as well, so I can relate somewhat, but really you have no idea how complex a question you've just asked by saying "Why do you hate humanty?".

Because most of it is a primal, untranslatable feeling deep within the essence of my spirit. I just... know.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Brookelowe454

Nov 7, 2015
✟15,774.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
I hate what humanity is, more or less. We are war, pestilence, disease, destruction, chaos. Humanity lives out of sync with nature, destroying its only home as if it were some parasite. Humanity is a horrible, horrible thing. And yet, they have the potential to be so much better than they are, if only they would see it.

I can love individual people but still hate what humanity represents. I am a wolf in a human shell, as well, so I can relate somewhat, but really you have no idea how complex a question you've just asked by saying "Why do you hate humanty?".

Because most of it is a primal, untranslatable feeling deep within the essence of my spirit. I just... know.

I understand what you mean. That's what I felt like when I discovered veganism and saw the horrors that humans did to animals. (Of topic, I know) But I believe that humans rely on instinct, and that's why they can be so selfish. The difference is, we do have the capability to change. We can respect and be respected, if only we cared.

Upvote 0

Ilovegod888

Nov 1, 2015
✟8,233.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

That kinda clarifies it. I'm glad you have individual relationships, I'm not sure if any one doesn't. People like me want to save this Earth, cure world hunger, and save the rainforest. I stand for someone who is trying to help. Humanity is horrible, I agree. I just meant earlier that I don't respect but I just be kind, unless the are rude :)

Upvote 0

lupusFati

Bigby, Reid, and Z
Apr 17, 2013
Idaho
Visit site
✟11,996.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That kinda clarifies it. I'm glad you have individual relationships, I'm not sure if any one doesn't. People like me want to save this Earth, cure world hunger, and save the rainforest. I stand for someone who is trying to help. Humanity is horrible, I agree. I just meant earlier that I don't respect but I just be kind, unless the are rude :)

Here's an easier way to think about it: I view most of humanity as "sheep", while I consider myself as a "wolf" (metaphorically in this comparison, for once). Maybe I find some sheep who are tolerable or don't bleat so loud, or perhaps I even find other wolves like me. But most of humanity? Annoying, dumb, loud beasts, as far as comparisons to livestock go.

Making myself hungry I should probably stop talking about sheep.

Upvote 0

Brookelowe454

Nov 7, 2015
✟15,774.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
Here's an easier way to think about it: I view most of humanity as "sheep", while I consider myself as a "wolf" (metaphorically in this comparison, for once). Maybe I find some sheep who are tolerable or don't bleat so loud, or perhaps I even find other wolves like me. But most of humanity? Annoying, dumb, loud beasts, as far as comparisons to livestock go.

Making myself hungry I should probably stop talking about sheep.

I didn't know someone could react so strongly about humans! I'm sorry that you feel that way. Negativity is something that can really drag you down in life, so instead I think you should focus on the power of the individual. That's what I do. :)

Upvote 0

lupusFati

Bigby, Reid, and Z
Apr 17, 2013
Idaho
Visit site
✟11,996.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I didn't know someone could react so strongly about humans! I'm sorry that you feel that way. Negativity is something that can really drag you down in life, so instead I think you should focus on the power of the individual. That's what I do. :)

I'm a wolf. Why wouldn't I feel strongly about a species intent on the destruction of not only itself, but the world around it?

I should point out I literally believe I'm a wolf spirit inside a human shell. Incarnation maybe, idk. It's complicated. Not promoting or anything, btw, you're free to think I'm insane, since I probably am a bit mentally unstable anyway as it is.

Upvote 0