Should the United States COnquer the Earth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point I bet we could just about do it! We would lose a few cities and there would be tons of carnage. Most of our subjects...I mean citizens would feel oppressed for a while, but think of how it would improve our national security. And our trade relations. We wouldn't have to bend over for oil, and everyone would be free to be subjected to our theological pressures! Who's with me and W?

Awake

Sep 4, 2002
✟15,260.00
Faith
Methodist
No, we should not conquer the earth.  We should do what many other nations haven't done.  We need to sit down with Hussein and try to be his friend.  We should say "You invaded Kuwait so that you could control 60% of the world's oil supply.  You gassed millions of your own people.  You are paying the families of homicide bombers, and there is a large pile of growing evidence linking you to the funding of and cooperation with Osama Bin Laden.  You are actively seeking to build and refine biological chemical and nuclear weapons.  But we want to understand you, we want to delcare peace with you."

This is what nations should have done through the years.  England, France, et al should have sat down with Hitler and said "You are killing millions of Jews and taking over the continent preaching the superiority of Germans over the world.  But we want to be your friend, we want to understand you." 

The millions and millions of people slaughtered by both Stalin and Pol Pot should have sat down with him and said "You are starving and killing millions of my fellow citizens, but we want to be your friend.  We want to understand why you are killing us faster than we can bury each other."

The world and the Chinese people should sit down with Jiang Zemin and the other communist leaders and say "You are starving and murdering us into submission.  You keep us in abject squallor and poverty with a horribly corrupt government.  You control what we say, see, and do.  You slaughtered 155 of our own people in Tiananmen Square.  You murder thousands of our citizens each year.  You force abortions on us, and imprison our families until the women come in for forced sterilization or abortions.  You even deliver full term babies and then inject poison into their brains killing them in front of the mother if she has already met her 'reproduction quota'.  But we want to understand you, we want to be your friends"

I can be just as ludicrous and absurd as our friend Cephalic Carnage.

Upvote 0
I can't get past the idea that this is just the beginning, and I think it has everything to do with the illusion of security that's been allowed to festor within us as a people. Ever since golbal transport has become economically viable it has been a matter of time until someone killed a bunch of us. It was inevitable. I think I first read about terrorist threats to this country in 1979. It's not something that came out of the blue, but we are acting like it gives us the right to act in any way we wish to ensure something we never had and will never have. ALl of you are in danger, all the time. None of you is secure. You never were. And more of you will die in auto accidents than will ever be killed by a terrorist attack.

You know, if we killed everyone at birth after a generation the death rate would plummet.

Upvote 0
Originally posted by Awake

Ah, but therein lies my point.  Neither post is creative or insightful.  Both posts are extreme and absurd.  The truth lies in between.

No, yours was simply reactive. Mine was at least creative in that I initiated an idea and used absurdity to make a larger point. All you did was a typical, reactive, TV educated response. Although you demonstrated how absurd my post was, that was never really in question. But you addded nothing to the conversation. Yours was humorous, but I contend mine was creative and yours was not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Awake

Sep 4, 2002
✟15,260.00
Faith
Methodist
What creativity is there involved in the notion of world domination?  If we are going to be honest, I had as little indication that you were joking as you had from me until my final sentence of the first post.

TV educated?  Grave offense accpeted.  You know as much about my education as I do yours.

I'm not going to continue this urinating contest to see who can come out of this seeming more arrogant and smug.  If it makes you feel better about yourself, consider this a win.  Your male organ is larger than mine. :bow:

Jeez, this is not what I expected on a Christian forum. 

Upvote 0

smurfy2day

Bring it On
Sep 2, 2002
Grand Rapids, MI
Visit site
✟16,482.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Originally posted by Cephalic Carnage
At this point I bet we could just about do it! We would lose a few cities and there would be tons of carnage. Most of our subjects...I mean citizens would feel oppressed for a while, but think of how it would improve our national security. And our trade relations. We wouldn't have to bend over for oil, and everyone would be free to be subjected to our theological pressures! Who's with me and W?

HELLO?! Can you say "terrorism?" :eek: :mad:

*sarcastically* Isn't that what we're fighting so hard against? :(

Upvote 0
Originally posted by Awake
What creativity is there involved in the notion of world domination?  If we are going to be honest, I had as little indication that you were joking as you had from me until my final sentence of the first post.

TV educated?  Grave offense accpeted.  You know as much about my education as I do yours.

I'm not going to continue this urinating contest to see who can come out of this seeming more arrogant and smug.  If it makes you feel better about yourself, consider this a win.  Your male organ is larger than mine. :bow:

Jeez, this is not what I expected on a Christian forum. 

You are wise and efficient. I apreciate that.

Upvote 0

Brimshack

Mar 23, 2002
Arizona
✟12,010.00
Faith
Atheist
Why bother conquering all the other nations when our trade relations are the most surefire way to bring any given foreign nation to its knees? And if one of our client-states get out of hand, we can always demonize their leader, then crush him, all the while relying on the collective amnesia of the American people to ensure that no one will remember how he came to be so powerful in the first place.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

coastie

Hallelujah Adonai Yeshua!
Apr 6, 2002
Central Valley of CA
Visit site
✟8,286.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally posted by Sky77
America is the real terrorist nation, not Iraq.

Then move to a new country. Live under a real terrorist nations government, then come back and tell me that this place is so bad.

You don't know your home until you've lived in someone else's.

Upvote 0
CC and Awake

Your analogies of extremism, as you say, should be studied very closely with past history. Awake your #4 post of this thread with it’s extreme pacifist view ( it’s view not necessarily yours it appears). Is a very accurate presentation of the actions, and deeds, of those dictatorships. The pacifist view of the post towards these leaders, has a historical correlation with the events that lead up to WWII. Chamberlain took this view with Hitler, tried to appeased him by giving him all the land he wanted, so there wouldn’t be a war. Chamberlain came out of the meeting with the proclamation that is now recorded with other famous last words, “peace in our time”. Hitler used the newly attained land as a front to start WWII as a result of Chamberlain’s pacifist view over 60 million people died. Chamberlain refused to learn what history tried to teach him in WWI, but it is not all his fault. The failure to remove Hitler permanently from the German political spectrum during WWI also is an accountable action that lead to WWII. Though Bush one didn’t make Chamberlains mistake in dealing with Saddam, he did make the second, in not removing him from the political spectrum in Iraq. Thus we are faced with Desert Storm II. I believe he now realizes his mistake. Now it will not be as easy to get him. He has had 11 years or so to regroup, rearm, and possible get more advanced, last resort weapons. The only problem I see with attacking him again, which may cause us has a lot of trouble, is the escalation in the involvement of other countries. The whole region has a good chance to ignite to a all out no holds barred war. As powerful as we are, we are still in the Russian and Chinese backyard. Both are against our attack and both have the recourses to annihilate our naval forces in the region.

CC the view of your post (#1) I consider less extreme than the view of Awake’s. If this view would have been considered in dealing with the leaders which have killed millions, maybe those millions would not have died, and maybe the billions that have been spent on weapons, could have been used for the betterment of mankind instead of it’s destruction. History teaches that when a person takes the path towards dictatorship and is prepared to kill millions of his own people to achieve this goal, his plans for the rest of the world are suspect. He should be immediately dealt with, but man in his failure to learn from history has taken the road to appeasement and pacifism when it comes to dealing with these types of leaders. Thus we are doomed to fight another war. Though the times are modern, the technology to build a weapon which can vaporize a city and kill millions in an instance, isn’t. I personally fill through my study, we maybe about to witnesses the events of Ezekiel 38 and 39. Time will tell all though, and we will have to wait and see.

I personally fill if this war escalates we the US will be caught in the trap set by the Russians and the Chinese. Who are I am sure tired of US, the big dog from down the street, dumping in their backyard. We have not faced a airpower in our last few military adventures, this has secured our victories, and I believe has given US a false sense of invincibility. Hoping for the best. Peace, but not yet.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.