Should the United States COnquer the Earth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warrior4Jah

Conservative on a mission
Jun 26, 2002
Ohio!!!! YAY!
Visit site
✟692.00
You act like destroying Hussein will make us conquorers or the world. Hussein has to be taken out and you know it. Anyone who opposes the idea are blinded by hopeful visions that everything will work itself out. Saddam Hussein is a madman. He is a complete and utter lunatic. Hes commited numerous attrocities, owns his people and their lives, and now hes got an oppurtunity to get his hands on weapons of mass destruction! Hes like a kid with a new toy and he cant wait to use it, the second he HAS got those weapons taht exactly what hes going to do. The resources and the money spent on taking out Hussein will most definitly have been worth it! There will be fighting, it will cost us, but in the end it will have been worth it. I dont want to see thousands of innocent lives lost at the hands of Hussein simply because americans were to afraid of there own gosh darned shadow.

Upvote 0

Warrior4Jah

Jun 26, 2002
Ohio!!!! YAY!
Visit site
✟692.00
BTW, GOD BLESS AMERICA! Ive read through these posts, and Im outraged! You people have no idea how wonderful you have it in America, such ignorance is just plain embarassing! You do not realize how lucky you are when they are people being oppressed and owned by their government, where its illegal to think for yourself, perhaps you will learn a little respect if you go slip from under the shelter of america and learn what a truly disgusting place the world can be.

Upvote 0

Lacmeh

Aug 5, 2002
Visit site
✟1,156.00
Hm I am still desperately trying to find a spot in my part of the world, in which I am not allowed to think for myself.
I don´t really feel, that I am owned by my government, well taxes are high, but in exchange I have am guaranteed health care. Which is IMO far more valuable than 50 or 100 dollars more cash in the month.
I don´t really feel oppressed here. I can basically do whatever I like. Almost all things. But then I wouldn´t be able to do these things in USA, either,p.

Of course, Husein is a crazed lunatic. He shouldn´t rule a nation. But when it is beginning here with Hussein, where will it end? There will always be leaders, that aren´t friendly to USA. Next step is then to eliminate the less friendly leaders, too. Where does it end?

Upvote 0

Warrior4Jah

Jun 26, 2002
Ohio!!!! YAY!
Visit site
✟692.00
If taht were true France would already be gone! lol. As you said there will always be leaders who dont like teh US, but you cant compare them to Saddam Hussein. You have Hussein who doenst really liek anybody hes just an insane lunatic bent on killing people. America doesnt want to get him because he doesnt like our leaders or how we do things, we want to egt him because hes going to kill thousands of innocent citizens, hes going to cause mass destruction. This has to do with whats right not politics.

Upvote 0

Lacmeh

Aug 5, 2002
Visit site
✟1,156.00
This is hypocrisy at its best.
If it would be a question about what is right or not, then why is Sharon still leading the Israelis?
Why does the USA not honor signed and ratified treaties?
It is about many things, but surely not about the right thing. A side effect would be, that it is the right thing to do. But surely not the main cause.
In the past, the USA supported dictators as bad as Hussein. Heck, even Hussein himself was supported by the USA. And I sincerely doubt, that he was saner or less brutal back then.

Upvote 0

Warrior4Jah

Jun 26, 2002
Ohio!!!! YAY!
Visit site
✟692.00
Lac: In the past, the USA supported dictators as bad as Hussein. Heck, even Hussein himself was supported by the USA. And I sincerely doubt, that he was saner or less brutal back then.

Your right, the USA has made mistakes in the past, but this is the present, what heppened before has nothing to do with this except that it should be an example and tell us to learn from our past blunders.

Lac: Why does the USA not honor signed and ratified treaties?

What are you talking about? 

Lac: Of course, Husein is a crazed lunatic. He shouldn´t rule a nation. But when it is beginning here with Hussein, where will it end? There will always be leaders, that aren´t friendly to USA. Next step is then to eliminate the less friendly leaders, too. Where does it end?

If the USA wanted to eliminate every wordl leader we didnt like we wuold do so, and in doing so we would become horrible tyrants no different from the likes of Hitler or Hussein. This is about taking out Hussein because of the masses of civillians hes going to kill. It doesnt end. As long as the human race exists there will be disgusting horrible dictators like Sadam, and as long as the US is around we are going to do something about it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lacmeh

Aug 5, 2002
Visit site
✟1,156.00
Treaties not honored by the USA:

WTA treaties concerning free trade, USA has to pay fine and EU has the permit to install tariffs for US based goods, too.

OECD treaties for recognisation of data concerning preclinical and clinical studies. USA don´t recognise studies made under OECD guidelines of GLP from foreign nations.

FDA wants to inspect plants in other nations, clearly violating national sovereignity.

FDA want sto inspect studies made in other nations, which aren´t originated by US doctors, violating national sovereignity.

USA doesn´t pay the fees, that are part of the UN membership. ALmost were expelled from the UNO.

That´s how the USa honors treaties and national sovereignity.

There are quite a few lunatic dictators left in the world. Doesn´t bother the US.
You have two options:
Either remove Hussein, then you will have to go after every dictator in the world or don´t remove Hussein. Then you will have to wait, till he actually usues mass terminating weapons outside his own country. Hm not even that, because the US wasn´t really bothered, that Hussein used poison gas the first time in 45 years in a military conflict outside his own land. In this conflict, the US happily supported him.

Upvote 0

Gunny

Remnant
Site Supporter
May 18, 2002
United States of America
✟58,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
2713winston.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Smilin

Spirit of the Wolf
Jun 18, 2002
Appalachia, The Trail of Tears
Visit site
✟15,906.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by Awake
No, we should not conquer the earth.  We should do what many other nations haven't done.  We need to sit down with Hussein and try to be his friend.  We should say "You invaded Kuwait so that you could control 60% of the world's oil supply.  You gassed millions of your own people.  You are paying the families of homicide bombers, and there is a large pile of growing evidence linking you to the funding of and cooperation with Osama Bin Laden.  You are actively seeking to build and refine biological chemical and nuclear weapons.  But we want to understand you, we want to delcare peace with you."

This is what nations should have done through the years.  England, France, et al should have sat down with Hitler and said "You are killing millions of Jews and taking over the continent preaching the superiority of Germans over the world.  But we want to be your friend, we want to understand you." 

Awake,

First, let me be polite and welcome you to the forum since you are a newbie.  Glad to have you!

CC's statement was a ridiculous statement that you seemed to have taken seriously.  It was meant for humor, that's all.

Since you're rebuttal seems sincere, allow me to dissect your argument, i.e. bash you a bit:

Go back and study your history, or better yet pay more attention to the WW1 & WW2 documentaries on the History Channel.  Europe, Russia, and the United States DID try to compromise with Hitler.  His response?  He made promises that he broke and still invaded Europe, Russia, and attacked the United States BEFORE Pearl Harbor.  He could not be reasoned with.

How does this relate to the current affairs of Iraq? Iraq has continually violted the terms imposed upon them by the United Nations.  You can cut deals with sadistic, evil, dictators, but history shows us what will happen.

The millions and millions of people slaughtered by both Stalin and Pol Pot should have sat down with him and said "You are starving and killing millions of my fellow citizens, but we want to be your friend.  We want to understand why you are killing us faster than we can bury each other." 

The world and the Chinese people should sit down with Jiang Zemin and the other communist leaders and say "You are starving and murdering us into submission.  You keep us in abject squallor and poverty with a horribly corrupt government.  You control what we say, see, and do.  You slaughtered 155 of our own people in Tiananmen Square.  You murder thousands of our citizens each year.  You force abortions on us, and imprison our families until the women come in for forced sterilization or abortions.  You even deliver full term babies and then inject poison into their brains killing them in front of the mother if she has already met her 'reproduction quota'.  But we want to understand you, we want to be your friends"

If we fail to learn the lessons that history teaches us, we are doomed to repeat them.  You should study more in depth of all the atrocities that have occured at the hands of Saddam Hussein before you actually try to believe that he can be reasoned with.

I can be just as ludicrous and absurd as our friend Cephalic Carnage.

This statement contradicts your philosophy of 'let's just be friends and understand each other'.  You obviously don't subscribe to that thinking either.  Personal attacks will not gain you allies.

Upvote 0

Smilin

Spirit of the Wolf
Jun 18, 2002
Appalachia, The Trail of Tears
Visit site
✟15,906.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by Warrior4Jah
BTW, GOD BLESS AMERICA! Ive read through these posts, and Im outraged! You people have no idea how wonderful you have it in America, such ignorance is just plain embarassing! You do not realize how lucky you are when they are people being oppressed and owned by their government, where its illegal to think for yourself, perhaps you will learn a little respect if you go slip from under the shelter of america and learn what a truly disgusting place the world can be.

AMEN WARRIOR,

Why I support bringing back the draft and requiring EVERY single male and female to serve a minimum of 2 years in the military.  Traveling abroad will give Americans a greater appreciation of what we have been blessed with.

Upvote 0
Unfortunatley, America is on the decline. Read Deuteronomy 28:15-68 it tells what happens to nations who turn away from God. It is exactly what is happening to us and the worst is yet to come. People say "God Bless America" but you know what? Read Deuteronomy 28:1-14 and it describes how God did bless America and yet America turned around and spit in God's face. Even now in the aftermath of 9/11 Americans (not all of course) still spit in His face by denying His Son. It seems OK to talk about God but when you want to talk about Jesus people get real weird.

Anyway, I do thank the Lord that I live in this graet nation which, for now, is still the best place on earth.

As for the whole Middle East crisis ... there will be no true peace until Jesus returns to set His holy feet upon the Mount of Olives.

In His Service,

Sandy

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.