Should the age of consent be set at 21 to help reduce the world population?

reduce the world population?

• yes should reduce the world population.

• shouldn't reduce the world population

• don't know

Results are only viewable after voting.

CounselorForChrist

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
People will still have sex, age of consent won't change that. In my wifes country to even marry your parents have to approve if your 26 or under. Which is odd considering the fact you can marry at any age it seems. One of her cousins married at 15, the other at 13.

Upvote 0

CounselorForChrist

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
but why not set the age of consent to 21?
Because it won't stop anyone from having sex. Most highschoolers in america have had sex. Changing the rules won't make them suddenly stop. For lack of better words they are young and stupid. lol

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
A very long way away. Sometimes even further.
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
gattaca said:
but why not set the age of consent to 21?
Why not set a maximum age of consent at, say, 30.
Or a height of consent at 180cm.
Or any other arbitrary way of saying some people can have sex and others not?

Upvote 0

Eudaimonist

I believe in life before death!
Jan 1, 2003
American resident of Sweden
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Why even allow people to have sex? Just sterilize everyone and make babys in jars.

And make it illegal for people to get married. Married people might conspire to have illegal children.

Clearly, children must be raised by the State in special camps, and indoctrinated from a young age into the new value system, all for the greater good.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Eudaimonist

Jan 1, 2003
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
However, we should stop paying for welfare, medical care, education, etc, for anyone's children. If you can't feed 'em, don't breed 'em.
Yep, agreed.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Upvote 0

CounselorForChrist

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
However, we should stop paying for welfare, medical care, education, etc, for anyone's children. If you can't feed 'em, don't breed 'em.
Well you have to expand on that because every situation is unique. Lets say I was well off and had 3 kids (and a wife of course). THen I lost my job and it became so hard to find one that I ended up on government assistance. Could you say then I shouldn't have bred despite not knowing what the future might bring?

I think paying for this stuff has its place. The real problem is the people that use it. I am on SSI. Most people I know ADMIT to lying to get SSI. Even when I turn them in it seems nothing happens to them. This is why any sort of assistance is hated. its because people abuse it. Stopping it only hurts those that actually need it. Just take the lazy and abusers off of it and the problem is solved! Regardless to remove these systems would also make one no better then hitler. There are plenty of corrupt countries to live in if you want that.

With all this said I would not have kids simply because they would get backlash for having a parent that needs assistance. Wouldn't be fair to them. Not to mention what kind of education and life would they have having a parent on assistance? I don't want them raised in terrible conditions. Well there are other aspects too like like I also don't want kids because of their costs, because of my health problems that would spread to them and so on.

---edit---
To contradict that last point I made though. My kids wouldn't have to worry about backlash if people would not stereotype people on assistance. People seem to hate racism, but don't mind stereotyping. So technically you are stereotyping.

Upvote 0

tgg

Veteran
Jun 19, 2005
Brisbane
Visit site
✟20,587.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Raising the age of consent won't stop teenagers from consenting.

Exactly! This is just silly legalism. I think lowering the age of sexual consent and conditioning boys and girls to use protection like they did in the novel "Brave New World" could reduce the world's population growth.

Upvote 0

Eudaimonist

Jan 1, 2003
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think lowering the age of sexual consent and conditioning boys and girls to use protection like they did in the novel "Brave New World" could reduce the world's population growth.

Conditioning? How? By playing audio tapes while they sleep?

eudaimonia,

Mark

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ProudMomxmany

slightly insane mom of many
Jul 6, 2013
✟17,163.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Conditioning? How? By playing audio tapes while they sleep?

eudaimonia,

Mark

Not quite. There were the tapes, there was the societal conditioning, Malthusian drills, all those sorts of things. Also, in Brave New World, abortion was celebrated.

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I would agree that teenagers should NEVER have sexual relations, it will screw their life up.
The risk of STDs and pregnancy magically goes away when you become an adult...?

What's the big deal, anyway? It's sex, not hardcore drugs.

Upvote 0

quatona

"God"? What do you mean??
May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
No.

No.

Should the international age of consent be set at 21 to help reduce the world population?

No.

In third world countries such as Africa and in England,

teen age pregnancy rates are extremely high and

most of these girls end up living on hand outs and welfare their whole life.

So isn’t it time the international age of consent be set at 21 all over the whole world

to help reduce the world population?

No.

Upvote 0