Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think you're understanding how difficult of a decision that could be for some women. If it really were as easy as you make it seem, I doubt we'd even be having this discussion.
I do not understand to me it would seem very simple.

Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This country never was a Christian nation. Also, what does that have to do with assisted suicide?
sigh. Did I say it was a Christian nation? I said it's Christian influence has been waning and as we drift from that influence, more ungodly legislature will be passed.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
sigh. Did I say it was a Christian nation? I said it's Christian influence has been waning and as we drift from that influence, more ungodly legislature will be passed.
I was thinking you were trying to say that we were.

• Friendly
Reactions: crossnote
Upvote 0

PreviouslySeeking...

May 9, 2017
Seattle
✟85,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
I voted no.

I don't like abortion, but I'm staunchly pro-choice. While I wish abortion was never necessary, it is- and I don't support the government denying patients medical procedures that provides a benefit to the patient. Additionally I abhor the concept of the government reducing a person to a life support device.

I also don't believe it would create a significant change in the US.

Side note- I find the discussions about religion or morality in the US both interesting and bizarre. I would argue the US has always been amoral and ruled by the Almighty Dollar.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Like that vile affront to the first commandment made law in December 15 1791.

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Like that vile affront to the first commandment made law in December 15 1791.
???? Commandment or Amendment???
My understanding the 1st Amendment was supported by the Independents like the Baptists.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And that includes, but not limited to the following accusations of: "If pro-lifers did this or if pro-lifers did that..." or "If pro-choice people did this or if pro-choice people did that..." We know that discussing abortion can be a very heated and emotional debate. We also know that the legality of abortion will probably be challenged in the Supreme Court in the near future. And with being said, I'm hoping we can set aside our differences and discuss the abortion issue in a civil and respectful manner.

OK, I'll keep my reasons for voting "yes" simple. I don't like seeing babies killed in any way shape, stage, or form.

Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟877,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think you're understanding how difficult of a decision that could be for some women. If it really were as easy as you make it seem, I doubt we'd even be having this discussion.

So she can make a choice regarding her health, a child's life, etc. but has no agency when it comes to having sex?

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I marked this as “funny” because it deals with people all of whom have already been born.
Abortion is a unique situation, (many fertilized eggs simply do not implant and are flushed out of a woman during her next menses-cycle), trying to extrapolate other moral arguments onto it just muddies the water.

A more appropriate hypothetical might include, say,
A state Law requiring a person to give blood once a week for months.

Your blood only contains your DNA; analogy doesn't fit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

PreviouslySeeking...

May 9, 2017
Seattle
✟85,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Until it comes to the baby's choice.

Perhaps if the mother's life is in danger, otherwise...adoption?

1. The "baby" doesn't get a choice. The patient is the female person. That is the one with with legal status and a lived life in jeopardy. The "baby" is actually a fetus, that if left alone to develop *might* be born alive and grow up. The female person is preeminent to me over the "baby". She *is*, that baby *might*.

2. I consider the abortion necessary whenever the pregnant person deems it so & her doctor agrees. Period.

Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,828.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You're correct. America isn't a Christian nation or a Christian theocracy, but it is nation that has legalized taking the life of an unborn child, the most vulnerable and innocent among us.
Sure, but there are huge benefits to keeping contraception legal and safe.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,828.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
There was a time in this country when not all people considered minorities to be equal to white people and there were federal laws passed to deny minorities equality to white people.
What's that fallacy where someone points out an example of people being wrong about a random topic in the distant past, and that it implies that totally different people today discussing something entirely unrelated are also wrong?

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,828.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
So common that the rate has been going down every since 1988 and is the lowest it has ever been post Roe.
Funny how a strong economy helps provide support for expectant mothers. If only there was an organization which a national reach which could be funded to provide support for expectant mothers who aren't reaping the benefit of the boom and in return reduce abortion even more. But hey, at least billionaires got a tax cut this year.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,828.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
She doesn't have one. Even outside of the womb, children don't make decisions for their parents. It's the other way around.

Plus the whole issue of attributing a choice to something without a working brain.

It is a great attempt at emotional manipulation pretending that fetuses are just tiny and cute mini-adults, but applying any sort of actual thought to the subject makes it obvious that there are major differences.

• Winner
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.